• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So isn't that more of a reboot than a sequel?
I think they're going for a similar thing that happened with Thor. They used Thor and Thor: The Dark World to establish the canon for the characters, but Ragnarok did away with things like Jane and whatnot and has a wildly different tone, making it pretty much standalone.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
One thing I'm kinda worried about is that rumor has it Kinnaman isn't coming back as Rick Flagg. He was honestly one of the better parts of the movie, imo, so it kinda sucks if he doesn't come back.
Honestly he didn't leave much of an impression on me, but since then I watched Altered Carbon (primarily due to neon-related reasons :colorful:), so Joel Kinnaman is more on my radar now. But it's not worth watching SS again. :laugh:

On the other hand there's talk of Idris Elba replacing Will Smith as Deadshot and that's honestly kinda neat.
Will Smith is an entertaining guy, I'd be fine if he stayed on. But I can't remember the last Will Smith movie I watched where I saw the character and not just Will Smith. I don't have that problem with Idris Elba.

If it makes you feel better it's already confirmed it's ignoring the first movie and the only things they're keeping are Margot as Harley and Deadshot. Everything else including Deadshot's actor is going to be different
I don't think it's confirmed they're only keeping those things. I think it's that those things have been confirmed to return.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly he didn't leave much of an impression on me, but since then I watched Altered Carbon (primarily due to neon-related reasons :colorful:), so Joel Kinnaman is more on my radar now. But it's not worth watching SS again. :laugh:

Will Smith is an entertaining guy, I'd be fine if he stayed on. But I can't remember the last Will Smith movie I watched where I saw the character and not just Will Smith. I don't have that problem with Idris Elba.

I don't think it's confirmed they're only keeping those things. I think it's that those things have been confirmed to return.
I think the last time I remember Will Smith playing someone who wasn't just Will Smith was The Pursuit of Happyness. Or at least that was the last one I can remember.

He can act and play different roles, but he's kinda doomed to be typecast as himself, which is a shame.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the last time I remember Will Smith playing someone who wasn't just Will Smith was The Pursuit of Happyness. Or at least that was the last one I can remember.

He can act and play different roles, but he's kinda doomed to be typecast as himself, which is a shame.
It might also be due to the fact that I've seen much of the Fresh Prince two or three times, where he literally played Will Smith, and maybe one third of his other filmography. :laugh:

Not that I regret any of that.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 199550

I was lookin' for someone to prank, and you were the first person who came to mind.
Heck yeah my girl.

No serious, thanks a bunch. I appreciate it.

Okay but the Pursuit of Happyness is a great movie and I'm glad that's the one role he didn't play himself for because he really knocked that movie out of the park.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Heck yeah my girl.

No serious, thanks a bunch. I appreciate it.

Okay but the Pursuit of Happyness is a great movie and I'm glad that's the one role he didn't play himself for because he really knocked that movie out of the park.
Oh no doubt. It's a great movie. :p

...On that note oh my god it came out thirteen years ago.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The fact I still feel the late 00s being close ****s me up hard

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Someone told me that Gangnam Style came out seven years ago, and I said "no it didn't".

Then I went to check, and the video was posted in 2012. So I said, aloud, by myself, to the open webpage, "no you weren't."
And then I refreshed to see if it changed.

And then I just watched it again because I have nothing to prove. C'mon, that **** was like fifteen years ago.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The fact I still feel the late 00s being close ****s me up hard
"Time will not wait... No matter how hard you hold on, it escapes you."

I also don't feel like the 00s were that long ago.

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon

Shroob

Sup?
I think I tried WoW about 3-4 years ago.

Ran up to an enemy.

Watched my human take a solid 3 and a half seconds to swing a goddamn sword.

Uninstalled.

I've grown spoiled to good attack speeds in gaming.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wow, I'm not at all impressed by that Toy Story 4 trailer...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just made a dumb, low-effort Pokemon meme and now I'm subjecting all of you nerds to it.

If you don't get the joke then you aren't a true Pokemon fan and aren't allowed to be hyped for Sword and Shield. /s

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Me, "Granblue is da best gacha game, Fate/Grand Order can suck an egg with its ****ty rates."

LoboSprite2.png

Me, "You know what, you aight too, Fate."

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Hot take.

Toy Story 3 ended the series in a rather beautiful way. There didn't need to be a 4th.
I wouldn't call that a hot take. Most people seem to think Toy Story 3 ended on a perfect note.

I wasn't impressed with the Toy Story 4 trailer either. I haven't been impressed by Pixar in a long time. Coco was cool in several ways, but was also very formulaic and cliched. Inside Out had some good moments, but I felt like there was a lot of missed opportunity. Every other movie after Toy Story 3 has just been so bleh.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So Disney changed their homepage in coordination with the Fox deal... to this:

Honestly, I'm thrilled for the MCU, and I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts to feature the inevitable World of Springfield (and nobody will tell me otherwise), but one company having all this has me ****ing rattled.

Also what a time we live in where the House of Mouse would spotlight properties such as Deadpool, Atlanta, and the Shape of Water.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think I tried WoW about 3-4 years ago.

Ran up to an enemy.

Watched my human take a solid 3 and a half seconds to swing a goddamn sword.

Uninstalled.

I've grown spoiled to good attack speeds in gaming.
if you think wow is slow for an mmo then take my advice and never touch ffxiv

Shroob

Sup?

Honestly, I'm thrilled for the MCU, and I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts to feature the inevitable World of Springfield (and nobody will tell me otherwise), but one company having all this has me ****ing rattled.

Also what a time we live in where the House of Mouse would spotlight properties such as Deadpool, Atlanta, and the Shape of Water.
I am eagerly awaiting the Bort Simpson assist that eat pant.

fd3.jpg

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also genuinely surprised to see wright so high on the ballot if that 5chan leak is true - i guess with AA8 on the way there's always hope for some cross promotion

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Despite never having actually seen The Simpsons for, seeing Bart labeled as a Disney character now still feels super weird and unreal to me. My brain just can't wrap my head around that idea for some reason.

I guess that it's not because it's primarily targeted at adults, but rather that it's a cartoon primarily targeted at adults. When Disney's brand is mainly recognized for their family-friendly cartoons and animation, it just feels weird to have one that isn't family friendly in the mix now, and such an iconic and recognizable one to.

Shroob

Sup?
Despite never having actually seen The Simpsons for, seeing Bart labeled as a Disney character now still feels super weird and unreal to me. My brain just can't wrap my head around that idea for some reason.

I guess that it's not because it's primarily targeted at adults, but rather that it's a cartoon primarily targeted at adults. When Disney's brand is mainly recognized for their family-friendly cartoons and animation, it just feels weird to have one that isn't family friendly in the mix now, and such an iconic and recognizable one to.
If they own FOX, don't they also technically own Family Guy as well now too?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Well hey, they have Archer and Family Guy now too. And those are much more "adult".

Hold on for a second though...
Despite never having actually seen The Simpsons

D

Deleted member

If it makes you feel better it's already confirmed it's ignoring the first movie and the only things they're keeping are Margot as Harley and Deadshot. Everything else including Deadshot's actor is going to be different
Honestly if James Gunn somehow makes DCEU salvageable I'll be pretty happy

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Gosh it's hard to keep track of everything Disney owns these days.

Funny thing is my mom was angry over something they did earlier today and said she was going to boycott them. Let's see how long that lasts before she accidentally purchases something without knowing Disney owns it. I give it a month at most.
Hold on for a second though...

I wasn't allowed to watch it as a kid.

I actually wasn't allowed to watch Spongebob either but I had a rebellious older sister who'd turn the TV on when my parents were away, so I got to see a lot of that before my parents decided to cut cable television altogether.

I'll probably binge watch some Golden Age Simpsons one of these days, but I'm not into pirating and my only legal options is watching it is downloading the app and watching it on my tiny little phone screen. I also hear that a lot of it is kind of dated.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's actually from Marvel vs. Capcom 2. RE gifs usually aren't as wholesome.

But I've got plenty to share.
I had actually assumed it was fanmade, since that gif seemed a tad too light hearted for the world of RE. I actually had no idea Jill was in Marvel VS Capcom.

I also had no idea that Jill was a Capcom character.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I wonder if instead of taking jabs at Fox, The Simpsons now take jabs at Disney.

Oh wait, they already do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom