• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Alright, last meme on Google Stadia. But I can't help when they announce a gaming platform that totally 100% works, but at the same time, shifting dozens of hardware employees recently.

"It seems the majority of employees subject to cutbacks are hardware engineers, product managers, and related support staff, and after being notified of these changes in the last two weeks, those “floating” workers have been looking for positions in Google’s smartphone department or one of Alphabet’s other hardware businesses like Nest."

https://gizmodo.com/uh-oh-looks-like-googles-hardware-team-might-be-in-tro-1833260639
Now my optimism wanes

osby

Smash Obsessed
even before the advent of Cellphones making Wristwatches pointless.
I mean, I don't have to charge my wristwatch in every five minutes and protect from the elements all the time.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The +/- boosts in Pokémon aren't IVs, those are Natures.

Pokémon IVs are the inherent, mostly invisible values that each Pokémon has from 0-31 across each stat (0-15 in Gen 1 and 2) that determines their maximum stat values, it's why they're called "IVs", it stands for "Individual Values" (as opposed to "EVs", Effort Values, the points gained from battling).

"IVs in a Fire Emblem game" would be if each unit's Star Ranking was individual to each stat (like, they could have ★★★★★ in HP but ★★☆☆☆ in Strength).
Listen man, I ain't gonna start saying "Brave Brave Lyn"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Imagine wasting a ton of money to buy Rolex and have it damaged in a week

This post was made by the Casio gang

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna meet the Pope and give him Etrian Odyssey so the 11th Commandment can be put into place so that every christian will have to play it.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm gonna meet the Pope and give him Etrian Odyssey so the 11th Commandment can be put into place so that every christian will have to play it.
Considering he hated Undertale, he'd probably start a ****ing crusade against Etrian and all its lolis.

*I could make a really insensitive joke about the Catholic Church here but it'd be too easy*

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Considering he hated Undertale, he'd probably start a ****ing crusade against Etrian and all its lolis.

*I could make a really insensitive joke about the Catholic Church here but it'd be too easy*
Undertale? Seriously? I need context.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

Pretty sure the pope never played Undertale. The gift was purely symbolic. So I don't know where you're getting your information from.

Shroob

Sup?
Pretty sure the pope never played Undertale. The gift was purely symbolic. So I don't know where you're getting your information from.
I remember hearing he didn't play it but went on a tangent about how video games were making young people slothful.

D

Deleted member

I remember hearing he didn't play it but went on a tangent about how video games were making young people slothful.
Considering how the current Pope is actually pretty chill, I severely doubt that

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Okay, what exactly am I looking at? And do I want this?

Also, if anyone needs a 101 on gacha rolls, this is how you channel that gambling energy:
The crossover event for smt:dx2 liberation x DMC5.

And unless you're a gacha freak or into the SMT combat and demons, no.

Considering how the current Pope is actually pretty chill, I severely doubt that
Eh, chill as he is, still sounds like typical old people talk.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Francisco installs huge ass speakers

*F O E is blasted at full volume in the entire Vatican*

KMDP

Smash Legend
I was finally able to breed my perfect IVs Timid Noire yesterday
Noire: Mother, why can't I be Jolly?
Tharja: BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO WIELD THIS SHINING BOW! IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE AN ARCHER YOU NEED TO ONLY USE MAGIC BOWS.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
The crossover event for smt:dx2 liberation x DMC5.

And unless you're a gacha freak or into the SMT combat and demons, no.
So literally and unironically
tumblr_inline_mtujtxu1jJ1rw38tc.png

Wow, and they have Bayonetta in it as well. I will be hurt if Demi-Fiend doesn't show up in the game as an in-universe guest character. I need to see Dante recall his time with him, even if to just tease the ambiguity of Nocturne's canon in relation to his own series.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So literally and unironically
View attachment 199564
Wow, and they have Bayonetta in it as well. I will be hurt if Demi-Fiend doesn't show up in the game as an in-universe guest character. I need to see Dante recall his time with him, even if to just tease the ambiguity of Nocturne's canon in relation to his own series.
Or Serph, there's a lot of potential with SMT crossovers. I wonder if there's any other demon related guest characters that they can add from non-ATLUS franchises, though.

Idon Idon , thoughts?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Damn, this pope sounds chill asf.
Pope John Paul II from a few decades ago was pretty similar. Famously, in 1981 there was an assassination attempt on him by Mehmet Ali Ağca, a member of a Turkish fascist group. The pope was actually shot and critically wounded, but survived and made a full recovery, while Ağca was arrested and imprisoned. I'll just quote Wikipedia's summary of what happened afterwards:

"Following the shooting, Pope John Paul II asked people to "pray for my brother [Ağca] ... whom I have sincerely forgiven." In 1983, he and Ağca met and spoke privately at Rome's Rebibbia Prison, where Ağca was being held. Ağca reportedly kissed the Pope's ring at the conclusion of their visit; some mistakenly thought the Pope was hearing Agca's confession. The Pope was also in touch with Ağca's family over the years, meeting his mother in 1987 and his brother, Muezzin Agca, a decade later.

Although Ağca was quoted as saying that "to me [the Pope] was the incarnation of all that is capitalism", and attempted to murder him, Ağca developed a friendship with the pontiff. In early February 2005, during the Pope's illness, Ağca sent a letter to the Pope wishing him well."

In December 2014, some years after his release from prison and after the death of the pope, Ağca visited the pope's tomb and laid roses on it.

Didn't he also blame 'da debil' for the 'issue' a lot of priests seem to have.
That's a much larger and touchier subject, so I wouldn't know where to start to look for and explain whatever you might be referring to. Though in a general sense, the concept of the devil being an instigator of temptation in order to lead people to sin is nothing new in Christian theology.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Or Serph, there's a lot of potential with SMT crossovers. I wonder if there's any other demon related guest characters that they can add from non-ATLUS franchises, though.

Idon Idon , thoughts?
Raidou XIV is kind of an obvious one too. It'd be interesting seeing him interact with V. Then with Serph, you've got Nero on the other side of things. Sheep!Vincent would be hilarious to see too.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sounds like trying to pin the blame on a force you have no control over instead of looking into the people you're hiring to hold positions of power. :dr^_^:
I mean, that's exactly what it is. My super religious colleague does this **** too alongside about divorce is terrible and bringing up Mission Impossible 2 as an allegory for Christ or some ****

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Idon Idon , thoughts?
This is the game that will literally uniroinically have both "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry^TM Series" and "& Knucles" in it. Mark my words.

Either way, they can do as many crazy Crossovers as they want, but with a .5% pull rate, I won't ever be seeing them.

D

Deleted member

I thought I had read Pope Francis condemned the pedophiles in the church but turns out he rejected a resignation of a priest involved based on "presumed innocence" :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom