• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Found this on this post: https://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1552719097/279

Here we go:
Apparently top choices were Inklings, Snake and Ice Climbers if I read that right.
Followed by Sora, K. Rool, Naruhodo aka Phoenix Wright, Bomberman, Chrom, Bayonetta, Ridley, and among the franchises Pokemon, Dragon Quest and FF were quite strong.
Then the following were mentioned after them as loose but remarkable after the top ones:
FE (combined), Tales (Combined), Bandanna Waddle Dee, Monster Hunter, Paper Mario, Forest? (I think Animal Crossing), Castlevania (Combined), Dixie, Megaman (Combined?), Magolor, Professor Layton, Sonic (Combined?), Dante, Tohou (combined?), Master Chief, Kid Icarus (combined), Ashley,
Crash Bandicoot, Fate Character, Waluigi, Street Fighter (combined?), Minecraft, Fiora, Shovel Knight, Dry Bowser, Yo-Kai Watch (Combined), Ryu Hayabusa, Rhythm Heaven, Banjo, Okami, Krystal, Impa, Bio (combined) (Assuming RE), Rayman, Robin (Isaac?), Chibi Robo, Daisy, Kat from Gravity Rush, Mother series (combined), Puyo Puyo, Midna, Oliver (? I think Ni no Kuni was mentioned by the leaker), Geno, Mai Shiranui, Takamaru, Sakuraba Neku, Wonder Red, Starfy, Metroid (combined), Petey Pirahna, Tekken, Skull Kid, Custom Robo, Spyro, Culdcept
Mario, Kirby, Zelda and Pokemon combined is big. American heroes and anime characters were also popular.

If this is the actual results then I really like that Tales is among the top and fact that it's higher than Castlevania gives me hope.

So Bayonetta is suppose to be in the top 5 realizable characters for 4. So that would mean at the time, the potential picks above her for Sakurai instead of her would have been:

Inklings
K. Rool
Phoenix Wright

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Found this on this post: https://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1552719097/279

Here we go:
Apparently top choices were Inklings, Snake and Ice Climbers if I read that right.
Followed by Sora, K. Rool, Naruhodo aka Phoenix Wright, Bomberman, Chrom, Bayonetta, Ridley, and among the franchises Pokemon, Dragon Quest and FF were quite strong.
Then the following were mentioned after them as loose but remarkable after the top ones:
FE (combined), Tales (Combined), Bandanna Waddle Dee, Monster Hunter, Paper Mario, Forest? (I think Animal Crossing), Castlevania (Combined), Dixie, Megaman (Combined?), Magolor, Professor Layton, Sonic (Combined?), Dante, Tohou (combined?), Master Chief, Kid Icarus (combined), Ashley,
Crash Bandicoot, Fate Character, Waluigi, Street Fighter (combined?), Minecraft, Fiora, Shovel Knight, Dry Bowser, Yo-Kai Watch (Combined), Ryu Hayabusa, Rhythm Heaven, Banjo, Okami, Krystal, Impa, Bio (combined) (Assuming RE), Rayman, Robin (Isaac?), Chibi Robo, Daisy, Kat from Gravity Rush, Mother series (combined), Puyo Puyo, Midna, Oliver (? I think Ni no Kuni was mentioned by the leaker), Geno, Mai Shiranui, Takamaru, Sakuraba Neku, Wonder Red, Starfy, Metroid (combined), Petey Pirahna, Tekken, Skull Kid, Custom Robo, Spyro, Culdcept
Mario, Kirby, Zelda and Pokemon combined is big. American heroes and anime characters were also popular.
If this is true, then wow, so many were WAY off when it came to ballot predictions. I mean, Isaac, Geno, Banjo, and K.Rool were considered to be top 10, but if this is true, only K. Rool is top 10, with Isaac not even being in top 30, both Steve and Master Chief outplacing Banjo, and Geno is in the bottom, heck, not even top 40 (or barely making it in).

D

Deleted member

Don't know why, I searched all night and day
But when I'm here, darkness came
No lights to show the way

But actually though is this legit or nah?
Dunno really, I think at least the notion of Snake and the Inklings being at the top is believable with Ice Climbers being plausible. That Bayo, Ridley, and K. Rool are among the top votes makes sense as they were mentioned by Sakurai. I would take this with a grain of salt obviously considering there is no evidence behind it, but at least some of the info makes sense to me.

D

Deleted member

hahaha social talking about smash hahaha original joke never heard that one before hahaha

D

Deleted member

If this is true, then wow, so many were WAY off when it came to ballot predictions. I mean, Isaac, Geno, Banjo, and K.Rool were considered to be top 10, but if this is true, only K. Rool is top 10, with Isaac not even being in top 30, both Steve and Master Chief outplacing Banjo, and Geno is in the bottom, heck, not even top 40 (or barely making it in).
I guess that's still impressive for a 20 year old character that only had his original appearance be his only notable appearance.

Weird that Sakurai specifically pointed out his popularity when talking about his Mii Costume yet he didn't even get top 40.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I know this 5ch leak is a lie, but.

It's still nice to be courted.

D

Deleted member

Just to mention this, the only ones that are ordered from my understanding are the first ones until Ridley.

Following these ones the poster is just listing them in no particular order apparently.

D

Deleted member

Just to mention this, the only ones that are ordered from my understanding are the first ones until Ridley.

Following these ones the poster is just listing them in no particular order apparently.
So Geno still could've been in like the top 20 or so? Nice, I'll take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I think if anything, if this information is true, people should definitely reconsider how they view Ace Attorney as a series.

People like to joke about Mother 3 getting localized, but I don't think I've seen a more demanded localization than Dai Gyakuten Saiban or especially Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2.

Remember that it has HUGE history with Nintendo dating back to the GBA even, so I think Phoenix should for sure be on people's radars some more.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think if anything, if this information is true, people should definitely reconsider how they view Ace Attorney as a series.

People like to joke about Mother 3 getting localized, but I don't think I've seen a more demanded localization than Dai Gyakuten Saiban or especially Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2.

Remember that it has HUGE history with Nintendo dating back to the GBA even, so I think Phoenix should for sure be on people's radars some more.
I don't bring him up much, but he's totally on my radar.

Also he's rad.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I will kill someone to get The Great Ace Attorny localized. I know PLvAA was a fight to get localized as well

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
When you have to call upon an old friend who doesn't really like you for help.

I'm gonna beat this script even if it kills me.

Troykv

Smash Master

Here we go:
The Top 3 was kind of expected.

I wonder which Fire Emblem Characters were the most popular after Chrom; it's quite obvious that Chrom was a big runner-up.

FE didn't exactly have a ton of stuff going on during the beginning of the ballot (the obvious choice would pretty much being Corrin or Azura); so it actually surprising to see their overall score being considered higher than many character with more consolidated fanbases in Smash Bros.

Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie are easily my favorite games of all time, I grew up with them and still enjoy going back to them to this day. Don't really have any other reason honestly.
I still hold out hope, but I've accepted it might not ever happen, and I'm fine with it if that ends up being the case.
Oh, that is a very respectable opinion; I really like Banjo Tooie too.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Here's a topic idea for anyone who's interested in it:

Who is your favorite Animal Crossing villager(s), and who is your least favorite(s)? I'll start:

View attachment 199506

Oh, like any of you are surprised.

Callie is an angel. This squirrel is basically squirrel Calllie.

She's perfect.

View attachment 199505

I do not like the chickens.

I find his stance threatening.

He'd always put his house somewhere dumb, too.
Dunno about least but Chuggaaconroy’s LP of New Leaf has won me over on both Shari and Molly.

D

Deleted member

Phoenix has always been up there with Dante/Nero as the Capcom character I want most, personally. I think the reason people don't bring him up much in speculation is because he's gotta jockey for the spotlight with all of Capcom's other notable characters, since you could pick pretty much any one of them and they would probably make a great Smash character.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean, honestly, Isaac getting top 30 is a feat in itself.

Considering a) all the competition and b) that Golden Sun hasn't been around since 2008.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Alright, question time: if you guys could put in one 4th party character in the game, anyone from any 4th party media, who would it be?

Me personally? Darth Vader. I actually wouldn't mind him in the game, and trust me, I know it's never gonna happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually thinking more about it the leak seems more and more fake maybe the Ballot thing is true MAYBE but the Roster seems to be fake.

DQ Hero: Could totally happen and will most likely happen but this leak isn't the only one who predicts that.

Steve: Another thing that could totally happen and likely will but this leak isn't the only one to say that it will.

Nakoruru: Really? There's a ton of Characters to choose from and they choose them? I'm calling BS on this one. Even within it's own series they could've chosen Terry who is easily more Iconic but nope and even excluding that why would they rep this series instead of other better known franchises like Crash or something? I'm calling BS.

RE Rep: I hope it happens for Staind's sake but it's really coming out of nowhere and while I think it could totally happen I don't see this specific leak being real.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright, question time: if you guys could put in one 4th party character in the game, anyone from any 4th media, who would it be.

Me personally? Darth Vader. I actually wouldn't mind him in the game, and trust me, I know it's never gonna happen.
The hell is 4th party/media? As in, something non-videogame-related?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Considering a) all the competition and b) that Golden Sun hasn't been around since 2008.
If I counted right, he placed out of it, but by not much.

Also, Dark Dawn was 2010, so he has been around more recently than K. Rool.
Dark Dawn is also considered to be an abomination of a Golden Sun game, but I'm not sure on that. I think that's a bit too harsh.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It’s quite fun when new names drops for characters on leaks. Typing them in google or YouTube yields a treasure trove of “I didn’t know wanted them until now”-Type search finds.

Just waitinf for this recent “leak” to make this happen.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, question time: if you guys could put in one 4th party character in the game, anyone from any 4th media, who would it be.

The Grinch

KMDP

Smash Legend

If I counted right, he placed out of it, but by not much.

Also, Dark Dawn was 2010, so he has been around more recently than K. Rool.
Dark Dawn is also considered to be an abomination of a Golden Sun game, but I'm not sure on that.
I'm a Golden Sun fan, Dark Dawn wasn't an "abomination" (like, say, Sonic '06 and Boom were), it just didn't live up to the standard of quality set by the previous two games.

Troykv

Smash Master

I agree; Isaac was able to survive all these years despite feeling so dead in 2014/2015.

My biggest surprise in the Top 10 is probably Naruhodo/Phoenix; the other character definitely benefited from a lot of stuff going on in that year (and K. Rool had the biggest niche support in the whole fandom as it's well known).

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I'm a Golden Sun fan, Dark Dawn wasn't an "abomination" (like, say, Sonic '06 and Boom were), it just didn't live up to the standard of quality set by the previous two games.
I never played Dark Dawn, so I think the term abomination used by some fans is a bit too harsh, though I will agree that it doesn't seem as fun as GS1 and TLA.

I should really go back to TLA though, I didn't spend an hour trying to copy the transfer password for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom