• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That’s different. That’s just being annoying, not bullying.
You try being stuck with these kids in most of your classes for four years straight. They weaponized annoying and used it as a weapon. If anyone could bully through annoyance it was these guys. Not saying that other people don’t have it way worse, but that doesn’t make it not bullying.

Hey, I've been bullied like that before to. Believe me when I say I see where you're coming from.

But I think you need to separate actual attempts at harassment from little jokes. There wasn't any intention to attack anyone. If you're bothered by something it's okay to ask them not to target you with that sort of joke, but I'm certain Smashing Ramen didn't mean you any harm.
I know. Sorry for jumping down your throat Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku . Like I said, short fuse. But that’s my problem, not yours.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Could be, still Nintendo has quite a few titles coming that would be the focus like Bayo 3, Mario Maker 2 and AC. Showimg most of the fighter pass early helps in selling it, a lot of the big announcements in Smash are quite frontloaded. Could be totally wrong on this one, but I feel there's a possibility.
I dont think that's the case, but hey diverging can be interesting too. who knows.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Y'know, Project X Zone is like a weirdly specific detailing of one guy's adventures through a certain period of JRPG games he's played over the course of a decade.
I don't know whose idea it was to go
"Let's have Street Fighter cross over with God Eater, Tales, Valkyria, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Segata Sanshiro, Yakuza, Tekken, DMC and Resident Evil in a Tactitcal RPG"
but they're a genius

D

Deleted member

I can pay it for you.
I'd rather not tbh
This is how the ******** in highschool bullied me. They would just say stupid things. Over and over again. Until you get frustrated and snap at them then they laugh at the reactions. These were the kinds of kids who would jump up on top of the lockers and act like monkeys, just to annoy you. Because they fed on the reactions generated from over-annoyance. They even did this to the teachers. So yeah. I have a short fuse when it comes to dumb jokes.
I understand why you're mad but I think it's important to understand the intention behind something. Is a "Cory in the hous best animoo" joke funny? Not really, but it's(normally) not intended to be a mean unfunny joke, much less one directed at you or at the expense of someone.
It's fine if you don't find a joke to be funny but I don't think it's fair to snap at someone who meant no harm with it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You try being stuck with these kids in most of your classes for four years straight. They weaponized annoying and used it as a weapon. If anyone could bully through annoyance it was these guys. Not saying that other people don’t have it way worse, but that doesn’t make it not bullying.

I know. Sorry for jumping down your throat Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku . Like I said, short fuse. But that’s my problem, not yours.
I have been stuck with these guys for at least four years.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Still might overlap a lot.
a lot of japan is already a dragon quest fan anyway. they even have things like a museum for it. :)
Might.

Regardless, the Tales of series hasn't prominently been with Nintendo since Tales of Symphonia in the early 2000s. I doubt there's much overlap.

Sure, there might be overlap between Dragon Quest and Tales of fans, but I still doubt that considering the differences between the series (Tales of games are more character and action driven stories, whereas Dragon Quest is more simplistic and consistent).

D

Deleted member

"Let's have Street Fighter cross over with God Eater, Tales, Valkyria, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Segata Sanshiro, Yakuza, Tekken, DMC and Resident Evil in a Tactitcal RPG"
It works really well. Are they going to add more series?

D

Deleted member

Y'know, Project X Zone is like a weirdly specific detailing of one guy's adventures through a certain period of JRPG games he's played over the course of a decade.
Man, I love how big of a crossover it is but I wish the gameplay was more appealing to me.
This is pretty cool though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
oh god oh **** she's here

SMH, using the samurai class?

We all know that the only reason to use that is to do Free Lunch into quadruple Amped Strike.

Man, I love how big of a crossover it is but I wish the gameplay was more appealing to me.
This is pretty cool though.
Me watching the trailer: "Oh cool, it's like a miniature 3DS fighting game, that's sick."
Me playing the game:
dante shaking his head.gif

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Jokes are fun when they dont belittle someone.

But also about animes. There's soooo many of them, there's some really good ones and some really crappy ones. Most of the crappy ones are just re-using anime cliches over and over and it's just annoying. The really good ones are the ones that are more original, and actually have some quality to them.
I understand that. I just have a hard time working past my preconceived notions.

Here. This metaphor might help. I don’t like Eggrolls. I like the idea of eggrolls, but I don’t like all of the things people put in them. Enter the cheeseburger eggrolls from Applebee’s. Some may say their disgusting, but I love them. Just gobble em down. I’ve even made homemade versions.

Basically, I can only take a Japanese shell around a huge cheesy blob of America.

I'd rather not tbh

I understand why you're mad but I think it's important to understand the intention behind something. Is a "Cory in the hous best animoo" joke funny? Not really, but it's(normally) not intended to be a mean unfunny joke, much less one directed at you or at the expense of someone.
It's fine if you don't find a joke to be funny but I don't think it's fair to snap at someone who meant no harm
Yeah. I understand. And I apologized. I just have a low tolerance for dumb humor.

Pakky

Smash Hero
nintendo PLEASE give us a direct
Fakers are most annoying people in the game community though.

Why even do it, why do they even drag their Dorito encrusted bodies to their computers to type out nothing but mind farts?

Only to be proven as a worthless slob weeks laters when the actual news comes.

They are the worst, self promotion is great, but claiming its official for the sake of attention is trash.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
When you see more pranked folks but you aren’t a part of it...
FBB111C8-43E6-4B65-BFA8-178DAC50989C.gif

Telling y’all to invest in bunkers!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Might.

Regardless, the Tales of series hasn't prominently been with Nintendo since Tales of Symphonia in the early 2000s. I doubt there's much overlap.

Sure, there might be overlap between Dragon Quest and Tales of fans, but I still doubt that considering the differences between the series (Tales of games are more character and action driven stories, whereas Dragon Quest is more simplistic and consistent).
hey anything's possible. I would just think they go somewhere different than rpgs after persona and (possibly)dragon quest.
that's mostly it :)

D

Deleted member

Lloyd's more of a middle-ground between popularity and realism, with even the producer of Tales saying that if a character got into Smash it'd be Lloyd
View attachment 199391

Of course, if it was strictly down to popularity, then Yuri Lowell would take it hand over fist.
"But we need to keep in mind that a character can only appear in a Smash Bros. game if he already appeared on a Nintendo console."

I mean, yeah, Persona Q2 exists, but even then in the grand scheme of things, just seeing Joker in with this condition in mind is just insane.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Fakers are most annoying people in the game community though.

Why even do it, why do they even drag their Dorito encrusted bodies to their computers to type out nothing but mind farts?

Only to be proven as a worthless slob weeks laters when the actual news comes.

They are the worst, self promotion is great, but claiming its official for the sake of attention is trash.
We out here gatekeeping gamers

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I understand that. I just have a hard time working past my preconceived notions.

Here. This metaphor might help. I don’t like Eggrolls. I like the idea of eggrolls, but I don’t like all of the things people put in them. Enter the cheeseburger eggrolls from Applebee’s. Some may say their disgusting, but I love them. Just gobble em down. I’ve even made homemade versions.

Basically, I can only take a Japanese shell around a huge cheesy blob of America.

Yeah. I understand. And I apologized. I just have a low tolerance for dumb humor.
I dont know if it worked. It just made me hungry for cheeseburgers & eggrolls :O . Or trying cheeseburger eggrolls..

I believe in you :)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This is how the ******** in highschool bullied me. They would just say stupid things. Over and over again. Until you get frustrated and snap at them then they laugh at the reactions. These were the kinds of kids who would jump up on top of the lockers and act like monkeys, just to annoy you. Because they fed on the reactions generated from over-annoyance. They even did this to the teachers. So yeah. I have a short fuse when it comes to dumb jokes.
This all started from a stupid ass Cory in the house joke that everyone does whenever anime is talked about. Yes its annoying but it doesnt need to be ranted about like this. its a stupid joke

D

Deleted member

I AM BACK.png

Here we go again.

"1" is a good seed. Anyways, I am doing good as of now. I got a ton of wood, but I hid all night. Now it is Day 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
y'all ain't just gonna pass by this post without sayin' howdy now are ya?

this here erdrick fella tried to sneak on by and, well, let's just say it didn't end well for him

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So we're talking about Lloyd and Tales of again. And I have to iterate again that "too many JRPG characters" is not a valid argument.

Okay then, Crash shouldn't get in because we have too many platformer characters in the game already.

But again Cloud, Erdrick, Joker, and Lloyd represent different sub genres of RPG. The RPG genre is very versatile as much as platformers.

Dragon Quest is traditional turn based RPGs.
Final Fantasy's turn based combat is more actionized and faster paced.
Persona is a dungeon crawler mixed with social sim elements.
Tales is a Fighting Game/RPG hybrid or Action RPG as it's called with combos and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom