• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I hear that the leaker who said it was Erdrick from DQ actually got it all wrong and it was Dai from Jump Force, but I have no idea if this is true...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I hear that the leaker who said it was Erdrick from DQ actually got it all wrong and it was Dai from Jump Force, but I have no idea if this is true...
Shueisha owns Dai iirc. Shueisha's the company which tried blocking DBFZ at tournaments a while ago. I highly doubt that Nintendo would consider the legal mess of this all worth it, might as well add Goku then

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If true this has opened a new can of worms who the SE rep is.

Sora? Geno? Crono? Who?

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Spirits/World of Light basically boils down to "I_understood_that_reference.gif" and I love it

Must have been a fun job coming up with the concepts for them

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well the problem is that a friend told me, and since I been out from this thread for sometime I came here to confirm if it was false info or not, But since everyone here seems confused I'm gonna think is false
I'd assume "Dragon Quest in Smash is actually just Dai in Jump Force" is gonna be the new "Incineoar is leakbait", isn't it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not saying Erdrick isn't the SE rep cause he very likely is but didn't Sakurai say that he didn't use or pick Decidueye cause he already appeared in Pokken? Why would now be any different especially since Bandai is publishing the game and likely won't want to take attention away from Dai being included in JF with Erdrick being in Ultimate? Seems slightly weird but whatever. even if I am right it doesn't take away the fact that Erdrick is the most likely SE Rep.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I know that, but who says Dragon Quest is limited to just one crossover fighter appearance?
Yeah, Rayman is in Brawlhalla and in smash ultimate as a spirit fight, the only reason why Dragon Quest couldn't make it is if Square Enix decided that they don't want easy money.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not saying Erdrick isn't the SE rep cause he very likely is but didn't Sakurai say that he didn't use or pick Decidueye cause he already appeared in Pokken? Why would now be any different especially since Bandai is publishing the game and likely won't want to take attention away from Dai being included in JF with Erdrick being in Ultimate? Seems slightly weird but whatever. even if I am right it doesn't take away the fact that Erdrick is the most likely SE Rep.
1: Japan is ****ing nuts for Dragon Quest, this would be as overdue as Sonic in their eyes
2: Sakurai would know about Decidueye in Pokken because he gets to go to Game Freak to discuss what Pokemon to add, but he wouldn't be able to ask Bamco the Jump Force cast and likely wouldn't even learn of Jump Force existing before the official announcement, nor would Square Enix have any obligation to tell him. Y'all really desperate for getting anyone but this Goku looking dude huh

D

Deleted member

Sakurai said he chose Incineroar because he found he had have a more unique moveset since Smash never had any wrestlers.
Oh. I heard People say one of the reasons they went with Inceniroar was cause Decidueye was already used in Pokken. Nevermind then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom