• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

THE BLOODBATH BEGINS
As the tributes stand on their podiums, the horn sounds
Fou sets Thanos on fire with a molotov.
KarneraMythos stays at the cornucopia for resources.
Last Gen Richtofen takes a spear from inside the cornucopia.
Staindgrey runs away from the Cornucopia.
Scared Stiff Pinball Table runs away from the Cornucopia.
Skinny Thanos cannot handle the circumstances and commits suicide.
Diogenses runs away from the Cornucopia.
Smashing Ramen retrieves a trident from inside the cornucopia.
faygoshill's hubris finds a backpack full of camping equipment.
faygoshill and Mozart fight for a bag. Mozart gives up and retreats.
Mega Man Juno runs away from the Cornucopia.
General Jinjur, Ben Affleck's Daredevil, and liquidmetalslime work together to get as many supplies as possible.
Helvetica runs away from the Cornucopia.
Marx (Communism) runs away from the Cornucopia.
Zack E. finds a canteen full of water.
Beethoven runs away from the Cornucopia.
Isabelle takes a handful of throwing knives.
Hadyn and Iridium fight for a bag. Hadyn gives up and retreats.

D

Deleted member

snap1.png

Ah, the first fresh look of the day.

Basically I collect stuff, I kill animals and I obtain a lot of wood. I build a house, yadi-yadi-yah.

The night was more interesting. I prefer axes over swords in Minecraft, as you all might know. I could handle Zombies, Creepers, whatever. Skeletons on the other hand, they are super strong. They do four damage to you with range. When I get bombarded by them, I run back to my house. I got food and a lot of wood, as well as a lot of coal. I should start mining for iron.

I managed to live Day 1. Hopefully I continue to live!
snap2.png

Also here is the name of my Hardcore world.
2019-03-18_19.53.21.png

More news, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
THE BLOODBATH BEGINS
As the tributes stand on their podiums, the horn sounds
Fou sets Thanos on fire with a molotov.
KarneraMythos stays at the cornucopia for resources.
Last Gen Richtofen takes a spear from inside the cornucopia.
Staindgrey runs away from the Cornucopia.
Scared Stiff Pinball Table runs away from the Cornucopia.
Skinny Thanos cannot handle the circumstances and commits suicide.
Diogenses runs away from the Cornucopia.
Smashing Ramen retrieves a trident from inside the cornucopia.
faygoshill's hubris finds a backpack full of camping equipment.
faygoshill and Mozart fight for a bag. Mozart gives up and retreats.
Mega Man Juno runs away from the Cornucopia.
General Jinjur, Ben Affleck's Daredevil, and liquidmetalslime work together to get as many supplies as possible.
Helvetica runs away from the Cornucopia.
Marx (Communism) runs away from the Cornucopia.
Zack E. finds a canteen full of water.
Beethoven runs away from the Cornucopia.
Isabelle takes a handful of throwing knives.
Hadyn and Iridium fight for a bag. Hadyn gives up and retreats.
Top 10 people who can...

beat Thanos

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I forgot how short Pokémon Firered is, especially with a speed up button. So, here's Part 3 of my Generationlocke (Part 3/5 of the Firered Omega Portion of the Run)
I forgot to specify what happens if I wipe and what a wipe is. Here it is:
  • 7. A "run" is considered finished if the player loses all available Pokémon in their party and PC or at the following points:
It's a pretty simple elaboration, but I figured I'd make it known regardless.
Summary
nuzlocke-2a555dcc-2481-4c6c-adc7-96d806aa611e.png

Recap
*I'm going to start bolding my Party Pokémon's names and underlining prominent events for the reader's convenience.
  • When we left off, I'd taken out Rocket in Lavender Town. I resumed by hitting Route 16 (The Cycling Road) after forgetting I didn't have the bike and running to Cerulean to get it. There we picked up Palindrome the Girafarig. Twilight the Ponyta was picked up on Route 18 shortly after.
  • With Fuschia City comes the Safari Zone, and the one area split I use in this game. So, in the spirit of the Safari Zone I caught a bunch of Pokémon and decided which ones to keep. Amelia the Trapinch, Bahamut the Aron, Zena the Heracross, and Erika the Weepingbell all join the party. Majesty the Goldeen and Nessie the Lapras (gift) were also obtained here.
  • I also adventured up the other side from Fuchsia to Vermillion, catching Poseidon the Magikarp and Dewdrop the Horsea
  • Up next was Koga. I thought I had a pretty solid team for him between Kimmy, Zorro, Moto Moto, and Bahamut, who I brought on since Steel is immune to Poison. I was wrong. Very wrong.
  • The fight immediately is off to a bad start as his Venomoth carries Sleep Powder and is faster than Bahamut. I thought Foghorn could get the job done, until he got promptly destroyed by Psychic. I'm pretty sure Kimmy came in and cleaned up afterwards, but that one seriously hurt.
  • Up next is Crobat, who I thought Kimmy could outspeed but turns out she actually couldn't. Since Shadow Ball uses Attack in this generation Kimmy can't survive and dies. To add insult to injury, it was a critical hit too.
  • Bahamut finishes up Crobat, and brings out Weezing. The Fire Blast might've been a critical hit, or it might've been a high roll. Either way, Bahamut couldn't last.
  • The rest of the fight is kinda a blur, but I'm pretty sure Moto Moto and Vee were able to tank and take out the rest of his team.
    • Seriously, if you're ever nuzlocking any Pokémon game get yourself an Umbreon. High base HP, Defense, and Special Defense and okay base Attack, Special Attack, and Speed makes for a great defensive pivot. Being dark type and only having two weaknesses (Bug, which isn't all that common, and Fighting, which you should have either a Flying or Psychic type for) alongside having Synchronize as an ability is really nice too. In any given run of mine an Umbreon either makes it to the end or close, and saves countless battles. In my previous Neo Y run, I actually would've lost if it weren't for my Umbreon. But that's a story for another day (and another run).
  • Igneel and Dewdrop are added to the team.
  • Despite being underleveled, I now have Surf, and decide to go through with the secret plan, which was to capture Zapdos.
    • Turns out I didn't need Surf since Dray changed the map to allow access to the Power Plant without Surf. ok then.
  • HIV+ the Plusle is caught there as well. Since Zapdos is a Static Encounter, it's allowed.
  • Catching Zapdos was...surprisingly easy. Vee was able to paralyze it thanks to Synchronize (it used Thunder Wave first turn), lower its attack (the only attacking move it had was Drill Peck), and whittle its HP down to Red. I'd stocked up on Ultra Balls and Hyper Potions, but I caught it in like 5 Ultra Balls so I didn't use most of them.
  • Dewdrop, despite being a recent addition, is removed to add Odin the Zapdos.
  • With Odin in tow and in high hopes, I went to take on Team Rocket in Silph Co. Everything went well until Rival Fight 6.
  • Rival Fight 6 already started off poorly because his Crobat outsped Moto Moto and kept landing Hypnosis. After much back and forth it goes down.
  • And out comes the bane of my existence. Magmar. This thing already has 3 kills to its name and I don't want to give it another. Moto Moto has Thick Fat and enough bulk to take a Cross Chop and stall out its 5 PP.
    • Except he doesn't have enough bulk to survive a Critical Hit Cross Chop, and dies.
  • Odin comes in and blasts Magmar with Thunder to take the ******* out, and the rest of the team contributes to take out his remaining Pokémon.
  • Ballz the Castform is obtained immediately after the fight, and is boxed.
  • Now on to Giovanni. The fight starts out poorly, but his Houndoom goes down to Dewdrop, who was added to the team after Moto Moto died. Out comes Nidoking, who falls in a similar way.
    • Nidoking's only attack was Earthquake, and after 10 turns it just began to use Struggle. I thought Dray was better than this.
  • Up next is Flygon. I think to myself "Igneel has Dragonbreath and is immune to ground, so I'll use him"
    • Igneel is not immune to rocks though, and is crushed by Rock Slide.
  • Vee is able to take it down, and he and Dewdrop are able to take out the rest of his team. We get the Master Ball as compensation. Maybe I'll use it on something strong but difficult to catch like a Fearow or a Tentacruel.
  • Up next: Sabrina
    • Vee used Bite. The end.
  • Being serious, Sabrina presented little problems. Her Calm Mind Baton Pass Mr. Mime caused some early problems, but Vee was able to tank even a +2 Magical Leaf from Gardevoir. Jynx presented some real problems, but Clifford, brought on to replace Igneel is able to take a Psycho Boost and take her out. Vee wipes up her Gengar and ends this portion of the run.
  • Up next is the Seafoam Islands (which you're required to go through), the Pokémon Mansion, Blaine, and the mysterious 8th Gym Leader (whoever could he be?). I'm not incredibly worried, but who knows what could go wrong.
Wish me luck, because I'll need it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ben Affleck's Daredevil injures himself.
Marx (Kirby) discovers a cave.
liquidmetalslime convinces Smashing Ramen to not kill him, only to kill him instead.
Iridium tries to spear fish with a trident.
faygoshill's hubris sees smoke rising in the distance, but decides not to investigate.
Helvetica hunts for other tributes.
Hadyn diverts Scared Stiff Pinball Table's attention and runs away.
Beethoven, General Jinjur, and KarneraMythos start fighting, but General Jinjur runs away as Beethovenkills KarneraMythos.
faygoshill sees smoke rising in the distance, but decides not to investigate.
Fou receives fresh food from an unknown sponsor.
Isabelle chases Mega Man Juno.
Diogenses and Staindgrey work together for the day.
Marx (Communism) constructs a shack.
Zack E. camouflauges himself in the bushes.
Mozart tends to Last Gen Richtofen's wounds.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
30 your wizard powers activate, 50 plus you become an elder wizard beyond human comprehension.
If you make it to 70 you become a Demi-God, and if you make it to 90 you become an actual God.
Sex isn't nearly as great as y'all are hyping it up to be.

It's just a thing you do. Eventually.
Of course lol. I'm joking for the most part.

I'm 19, in college, moderately attractive, and pretty well rounded overall. It'll happen eventually.
Hopefully.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

REMEMBER THE FALLEN
4 cannon shots can be heard in the distance.

Thanos
District 1

Skinny Thanos
District 8

Smashing Ramen
District 8

KarneraMythos
District 6

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've been feeling like I'm really all that amazing at Smash Ultimate lately. You guys know how many characters I have in Elite Smash at the moment?
"Zero". Everytime I get into Elite Smash, my but gets kicked hard and I fall back out in only one or two play sessions.

People keep saying "GSP isn't a good indicator of skill", but I don't think that's entirely true. The players I see in high ranks are, more often then not, better then the ones in lower ranks. Hence why Elite Smash always seems to kick my butt.

Sometimes I just can't adapt mid match. I was fighting a Mario player as Ridley earlier and I took mental note midmatch that he only ever seemed to go for edgeguards when I recovered high, and that he'd leave me be and try to ledge trap when I recovered low. Yet, for some reason, I kept falling back on instinct and trying to recover high half the time. I don't know why. It's like my brain just keeps shutting off every time I play the game.

And don't get me started on all the misinputs I make. Too many times do I accidentally buffer a roll when I'm trying to Fair or Bair out of shield. Or try to Up Smash as Charizard but accidentally shield grab. Earlier I kept failing to punish a scrubby Cloud as Squirtle just because I'd accidentally roll out of shield into another one of his attacks when what I really meant to do was go for an aerial. It's not the buffer system, it's not lag. I'm just too clumsy.

And you know what? I should be okay with that. Not everyone starts out a master. Even top players occasionally make mistakes. But I'm too much of a perfectionist. There's this little nagging voice at the back of my mind that doesn't tolerate mediocrity, and while that gives me a really strong drive to keep improving, it also makes it really frustrating for me that I'm not improving faster. And it feels like Elite Smash in general is getting harder and harder to get into at a faster rate then I'm personally improving at.

I need to figure out a way to get over that about myself.

D

Deleted member

Okay, I had a Smashboards dream involving Zinith Zinith and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! .
To begin with, I was floating in space, and suddenly a white triangle with an eye in the centre appeared, and began explaining why he was descended from an ancient alien race. I don’t know why, but in my mind, this space-triangle was Nate.
Next, I’m in this rocky place, with a volcano and pink trees, and a deep orange sky. Suddenly, a very tall, shoeless Yoshi pops up and raises his hand. There was no reason for it to be him, but in my mind this Yoshi was God Emperor Yoshi. After putting his hand down, he offers me directions. I say nothing, and that’s all I remember.

D

Deleted member

Mozart and General Jinjur tell stories about themselves to each other.
Beethoven tries to sing himself to sleep.
Marx (Kirby) tends to Helvetica's wounds.
Iridium and Diogenses sleep in shifts.
Marx (Communism) receives fresh food from an unknown sponsor. (Ironic)
Hadyn and Mega Man Juno sleep in shifts.
Last Gen Richtofen sets liquidmetalslime on fire with a molotov.
Isabelle attempts to start a fire, but is unsuccessful.
Staindgrey thinks about home.
Ben Affleck's Daredevil, faygoshill, Scared Stiff Pinball Table, Zack E., and Fou sleep in shifts

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom