• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Here it is boyos. The first part (of hopefully many) of my Generationlocke. Read if you want to.
Rules:
*rules don’t apply until the player obtains Poké Balls

1. Only the first Pokemon encountered in a new area may be caught
  • Due to the exceeding difficulty of these games, an "area" is determined by either the screen transitioning or a new area marker appearing. This allows for one to split up larger areas with screen transitions to allow for more encounters.
2. All Pokemon must be nicknamed
3. If a Pokemon faints it is considered dead and must be permaboxed
4. Battle style must be set
5. The winning team of each run will "move on" to the next run in pre-evolved form
6. The sequence of games is as such:
  • Firered Omega -> Sacred Gold -> Renegade Platinum -> Blaze Black 2 -> Rising Ruby -> Neo Y -> Umbra Moon -> Sword (if possible)
7. A "run" is considered finished at the following points:
  • Firered Omega: Defeating the Champion the first time
  • Sacred Gold: Defeating Red
  • Renegade Platinum: Defeating Cynthia
  • Blaze Black 2: Defeating Iris
  • Rising Ruby: Defeating Steven
  • Neo Y: Defeating Kim Jung Diantha
  • Umbra Moon: Defeating Kukui
  • Sword: Defeating the champion
8. In the event of a Pokémon's death, for the sake of time save editing may be used to alter levels to catch up a replacing Pokémon. This cannot be used for any active Pokémon.

Clauses:
Dupes Clause: If the first encounter in an area is in the evolutionary line of a living Pokemon in the player’s possession, the player may choose to reroll the encounter in that area.
Shiny Clause: Shiny Pokemon may be caught regardless of any rules.
Gift/Static/Forced Clause: Gift Pokemon, Static Pokemon, and Forced Encounters may be caught and do not count towards the player’s encounter for that area.

I understand that the definition of an "area" may make me look like a baby, but I'm really going to need it. Dio Vento (creator of Umbra Moon) suggests not even attempting to nuzlocke the game, and I've gone through Neo Y already as well and needed Route Splits to even stand a chance. I'll try my best not to abuse it lest the nuzlocke gods punish me.
Current Status:
nuzlocke-ad00b13c-150e-44f6-ac66-8e230638caf5.png

Recap
Things went pretty smoothly this update. I was either with or above the level curve, so I experienced little problems.
  • I began the game and chose Kimmy Smoochum as my starter (the starters in this hack are Smoochum, Elekid, and Magby) because Psychic Type wrecks Kanto. In challenge mode nuzlockes such as these, starters are essential for surviving early game, and Smoochum is the best at not only this, but for the whole game.
  • My first encounter is!...a Rattata. That's just my luck. Patrice the Rattata is shoved in the PC.
  • My next encounter is a Mankey, which is better. Toph temporarily joins the team as she's currently my best bet against Brock.
  • After that we catch ClampChamp (one of my favorite names in any of my nuzlockes) since Drayano is nice enough to give you the Old Rod immediately after gaining Poké Balls.
  • Route 2 gives me Magnes the Poochyena. While Poochyena and Mightena are pretty weak, I wanted a Pokémon with Intimidate, and having a dark type Pokémon would be useful vs. Misty's Starmie in case it came to that. Additionally, I was inspired by Kitfox Crimson's Mightyena Ashes, which he carried through the entirety of Sapphire. If you haven't already, you should check out his nuzlocke comic series. They're incredibly fun reads and are a primary reason I got into nuzlocking in the first place (alongside the original Pokémon Hard Mode, A Petty Nuzlocke Challenge, and Kynim's Tales of Sinnoh and Myths of Unova nuzlocke series).
  • Viridian Forest is uneventful as a whole, and gets destroyed between Kimmy and ClampChamp.
  • Leaving Viridian Forest, I spoke with all the people in the gate and got a Torchic. I forgot that Drayano gives you the starters in his games, so picking up Foghorn was a surprise. I remembered where the other starters were, and picked up Gex the Treecko for my team.
  • Viridian City was frozen by Kimmy and burnt by Foghorn to train before Brock.
  • ClampChamp and Gex were trained in Pewter City, where a garden was added with Pokémon
  • In said garden I found EsterIsHead the Nosepass, abbreviated from EasterIslandHead
  • Magnes was...left to train on Route 3
  • Brock got destroyed by Gex and ClampChamp, who were both overleveled for him (his highest level was 14, and all of my guys were level 16)
  • Mt. Moon got destroyed between my entire team. Bertha the Geodude was added to my team because I have a secret plan and a Geodude is incredibly useful for it.
  • And then the third rival fight came along and wrecked my ****. I forgot how powerful Magby is in this game. Between Fire Punch and Karate Chop my entire team was pretty much covered. Thankfully, through ClampChamp and Magnes, Bertha was able to take it out. I'm definitely going to need to prep for Rival Fight 4 though.
  • Nugget Bridge and Routes 24 and 25 were thoroughly destroyed, and Braveheart the Tailow, Krakatoa the Cyndaquil, and Zorro the Ralts were all captured. I'm especially happy about catching Zorro, and I want to try to make it to the end with him.
  • Kimmy evolved into Jynx, and my team just became incredibly stronger (Jynx has 75/60/45/125/105/105 base stats).
  • I decided to take on Misty immediately after meeting Bill as I was at level with him. Between Gex and Kimmy we were able to hold our own well
  • Unfortunately, Bertha got taken out though by Misty's Togetic. I kind of forgot it had Magical Leaf and didn't expect it to throw it out immediately on the switch (Gex was out previously and there was no way I was going to risk losing him). While not optimal, EstrIsHead should do just fine for the secret plan. He might work even better to be honest.
  • I like to have backup Pokémon in case anything goes wrong (which it likely will), so we end with Kimmy, Foghorn, and Gex being the main team. I'm I plan on picking up Squirtle in Vermillion City, and a Diglett or Dugtrio in the Diglett Cave to face off against Surge. I might also add BIRD JESUS, Braveheart, or EstrIsHead to my team. I've been wanting to use Nosepass for a while, and he could make for a good defensive pivot.
I'm going to be updating every two badges whenever I get the chance to bang them out. Coming up is Lt. Surge, Rival Fight 4, the Rock Tunnel, the Rocket Base, and Erika, which is a pretty stacked lineup with some pretty tough fights.

Wish me luck guys, because I'll definitely need it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ganondorf is the one true top tier character in Smash Ultimate confirmed

D

Deleted member

So someone with sources inside NoA (who accurately leaked the date of the last Direct a week in advance, and said we'd be getting a 2D Zelda and Mario Maker this year), is saying that there's an upcoming announcement that, until now, would've been impossible, akin to "Mario being on PlayStation."

This comes as there's continuing rumors about Xbox games becoming streamable on Switch, after years of Microsoft and Nintendo being friendly and working together on ports and crossplay.

This also comes right after the announcement earlier this week about Master Chief Collection coming to PC through Steam, marking the first time that a core Halo game has been on a non-Xbox platform since 2007's Halo 2 Vista.

This also comes right before this year's Game Developer's Conference, where Thursday, March 21 at 10 AM PST, Microsoft is holding a conference titled "Project xCloud: The Future of Streaming Xbox Games on Mobile Devices and Beyond (Presented by Microsoft)".

This also comes in the midst of the Fighters Pass, which based on the one announced character (Joker) and based on what an employee at NoA has said (Nobody will spill additional details on what will be in these additional DLC releases, but Rodrigo thinks fans will be surprised by the inclusions. "Mr. Sakurai and his team and everyone that works on the game – we love surprises,” he says. “Just like Piranha Plant, we believe the DLC is going to be a must-have. For me, as a fan… oh man, I would not miss these for the world"), will have surprising characters that will shatter the internet.

Halo on Nintendo Switch. Master Chief in Smash.

BELIEVE.

I have never played a single Halo game so I would so be down for the Master Chief Collection being ported to Switch so I can actually play the franchise. Also adding MC would be internet breaking and I would be excited just for how history making that moment would be.

That said I don't think it's going to happen at all as Chief was already deconfirmed.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Somewhat stupid question:

Elvira: A mailbox, Fawful, Idon, Isaac, ShinyLegendary, ShotoStar, Sigma
A mailbox: Everyone else

A mailbox is fatally electrocuted.

How does that work?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I wonder how much, if any, consideration was given to players with vision impairments like colourblindness in designing the Inklings in Smash. My eyesight isn't terrible, but I honestly find the Inklings an absolute nightmare to play against sometimes because often it just becomes impossible for me to distinguish where they are on the screen, and I get the impression that it must be several times worse for someone with something like colourblindness. I think this is my biggest issue with the Inklings, far more than how strong or weak they might be, because it feels like poor/unthoughtful game design, rather than a question of balance.

I've been thinking about this for ages but never see it brought up anywhere, so I just thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what others have to say.

D

Deleted member

I wonder how much, if any, consideration was given to players with vision impairments like colourblindness in designing the Inklings in Smash. My eyesight isn't terrible, but I honestly find the Inklings an absolute nightmare to play against sometimes because often it just becomes impossible for me to distinguish where they are on the screen, and I get the impression that it must be several times worse for someone with something like colourblindness. I think this is my biggest issue with the Inklings, far more than how strong or weak they might be, because it feels like poor/unthoughtful game design, rather than a question of balance.

I've been thinking about this for ages but never see it brought up anywhere, so I just thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what others have to say.
y'all ever play vs green inkling on omega lost world with your ****ty eyesight

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

For this exact reason, Splatoon has a "Colourblind" mode that sets all ink colours to specific settings regardless of what team you're on.
Fishy Fisher, a SPLATOON YOUTUBER is Colourblind and able to play the game daily because of this mode, to name a succesfull example that these settings actually work.

It's strange they didn't implement this in smash

D

Deleted member

Geno and Professor Pumpkaboo step out of their circles as a sacrifice.

Thus, Geno and Professor Pumpkaboo are fatally electrocuted.

Double the sacrifizzle double the fun.
Geno Sacrificed himself to progress the others further, I always knew he was a good boy. Thanks and Sayonara, Geno.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Circle is now getting really interesting as all votes are now one sided

God Emperor Yoshi voted for Marx
Everyone else voted for God Emperor Yoshi

God Emperor Yoshi was fatally electrocuted.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

People Just REALLY wanted Zinith Zinith Dead it seems

D

Deleted member

this is the saddest sentence ive ever read

D

Deleted member

As someone who plays them and does have pretty bad eyesight, I had a hard time keeping track of myself at times because of how fast they move. I got used to it eventually, though.

I never thought about them being hard to see for people who are color blind, though. I wonder what could be done to help with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

zinith be like

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
As someone who plays them and does have pretty bad eyesight, I had a hard time keeping track of myself at times because of how fast they move. I got used to it eventually, though.

I never thought about them being hard to see for people who are color blind, though. I wonder what could be done to help with that?
I feel ignored...
For this exact reason, Splatoon has a "Colourblind" mode that sets all ink colours to specific settings regardless of what team you're on.
Fishy Fisher, a SPLATOON YOUTUBER is Colourblind and able to play the game daily because of this mode, to name a succesfull example that these settings actually work.

It's strange they didn't implement this in smash

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
ShotoStar votes for Elvira
Everyone else votes for ShotoStar

ShotoStar is fatally electrocuted.

One sided votes are gonna be common here on out.

D

Deleted member

I'm more like an Ultra emperor. (By the way, God Emperor is a novelty title)

You are indeed one under the normal emperor, who is about 4 notches under Ultra emperor. They act on instinct- I act on Ultra Instinct.
W-well if I hadn't been granted owner of the Internet, you never would have been Ultra Emperor in the first place. I demand a promotion.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Don't worry, I have perfectly normal eyesight and I still can't see ****.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
ShotoStar votes for Elvira
Everyone else votes for ShotoStar

ShotoStar is fatally electrocuted.

One sided votes are gonna be common here on out.
Still a Boarder massacre, damn

Unsquare Dance is still in it to win it tho

D

Deleted member

Damn, Marss went super Saiyan at the end there, but Nairo isn’t out yet.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I have never played a single Halo game so I would so be down for the Master Chief Collection being ported to Switch so I can actually play the franchise. Also adding MC would be internet breaking and I would be excited just for how history making that moment would be.

That said I don't think it's going to happen at all as Chief was already deconfirmed disconfirmed.
gc56gq3f_400x400.jpg

Ima need a source from Sakurai directly saying Master Chief won't be in the game.
So someone with sources inside NoA (who accurately leaked the date of the last Direct a week in advance, and said we'd be getting a 2D Zelda and Mario Maker this year), is saying that there's an upcoming announcement that, until now, would've been impossible, akin to "Mario being on PlayStation."

This comes as there's continuing rumors about Xbox games becoming streamable on Switch, after years of Microsoft and Nintendo being friendly and working together on ports and crossplay.

This also comes right after the announcement earlier this week about Master Chief Collection coming to PC through Steam, marking the first time that a core Halo game has been on a non-Xbox platform since 2007's Halo 2 Vista.

This also comes right before this year's Game Developer's Conference, where Thursday, March 21 at 10 AM PST, Microsoft is holding a conference titled "Project xCloud: The Future of Streaming Xbox Games on Mobile Devices and Beyond (Presented by Microsoft)".

This also comes in the midst of the Fighters Pass, which based on the one announced character (Joker) and based on what an employee at NoA has said (Nobody will spill additional details on what will be in these additional DLC releases, but Rodrigo thinks fans will be surprised by the inclusions. "Mr. Sakurai and his team and everyone that works on the game – we love surprises,” he says. “Just like Piranha Plant, we believe the DLC is going to be a must-have. For me, as a fan… oh man, I would not miss these for the world"), will have surprising characters that will shatter the internet.

Halo on Nintendo Switch. Master Chief in Smash.

BELIEVE.

Yes.

:^)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
staindgrey votes Unsquare Dance
Everyone else votes staindgrey

staindgrey is fatally electrocuted

Another user down.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
You’ll live...

I hope

All done

With the zoomed-out camera camera and all visual effects, the game is biased against the vision unimpaired too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ima need a source from Sakurai directly saying Master Chief won't be in the game.
I'm pretty sure this qualifies
from the "Franchise Development Director for the Halo franchise at 343 Industries"

That's pretty hard of a deconfirm.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Kinda surprising they didn't add that colorblind mode like they did in Splatoon.

Considering they were the one character that was virtually guaranteed to get into this game and the fact they are prominent in the causal and competitive scenes, I do wish they add something like that in future updates for those people. Although I'm not sure they will.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm pretty sure this qualifies
from the "Franchise Development Director for the Halo franchise at 343 Industries"

That's pretty hard of a deconfirm.
I wouldn't count out the Chief yet though.

It's possible that Microsoft and Xbox themselves were the ones handling it, and 343 was largely uninvolved. Or this could also just be straight up lying.

Sure, it may sound like grasping at straws, but I wouldn't say never just yet.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Elvira votes for Min Min
Everyone else votes for Elvira

Elvira is fatally electrocuted

Do mistresses of the dark burn like witches do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom