• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Here's what I recommend. Play Ike.
His Smashes are absolutely awfully slow, so you'll feel obligated to use tilts because the other option is having a C-stick that you'll never use, ever.
Well I got used to it with Lucy, and I really like playing it with her and it feels natural for Chrom as well. But Kirby is a character I like to play a lot and it just feels SO wrong for him. Kirby's smashes are so good and it's not like his down tilt and up tilt are hard to pull off with C smashes. So I'm thinking about using 2 control set ups but I know that'll make my playing worse. So I might just drop Kirby. Idk tho

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
tehponycorn: Donald and Douglas, faygoshill, Geno, God Emperor Yoshi, Greninja fifth costume, Incineroar, King Dedede, Marx, Prof. Pumpkaboo, Reggie, Sans, staindgrey, Unsquare Dance
Incineroar: Everyone else

Incineroar is fatally electrocuted.

Yes, Noipoi Noipoi voted.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
*Looks at 100th most liked user*
19,198 likes

*Looks at my likes*
7,837 likes

Guess I got crank up my meme posts.
Cool neat cool cool
Just found out I'm #33

not good enough :mad088:
Bow down to me, my subjects. I am your new king. Except Pyra Pyra , I'm still employed to him. So, I'm more of a vice Emperor.
I'm more like an Ultra emperor. (By the way, God Emperor is a novelty title)

You are indeed one under the normal emperor, who is about 4 notches under Ultra emperor. They act on instinct- I act on Ultra Instinct.

KA KA KA KA KACHI DAZE

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Anyone watching Collision right now? Cause that Nairo vs. Light set just now was on some other ****.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Iridium steps out of his circle as a sacrifice.

Thus, Iridium is fatally electrocuted.

Quick one this time.
Really...

On a side note, I just watched Nairo reverse 3-0 Light with Ganondorf. Not Palutena, but Ganondorf. Let that sink in for a moment.

Noipoi

Howdy!
tehponycorn: Donald and Douglas, faygoshill, Geno, God Emperor Yoshi, Greninja fifth costume, Incineroar, King Dedede, Marx, Prof. Pumpkaboo, Reggie, Sans, staindgrey, Unsquare Dance
Incineroar: Everyone else

Incineroar is fatally electrocuted.

Yes, Noipoi Noipoi voted.
sorry lil guy.jpg

I'm sorry, little one.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Geno and Professor Pumpkaboo step out of their circles as a sacrifice.

Thus, Geno and Professor Pumpkaboo are fatally electrocuted.

Double the sacrifizzle double the fun.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Geno and Professor Pumpkaboo step out of their circles as a sacrifice.

Thus, Geno and Professor Pumpkaboo are fatally electrocuted.

Double the sacrifizzle double the fun.
Have you ever tried electrocuting a wooden doll

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Cool neat cool cool
Just found out I'm #33

not good enough :mad088:

I'm more like an Ultra emperor. (By the way, God Emperor is a novelty title)

You are indeed one under the normal emperor, who is about 4 notches under Ultra emperor. They act on instinct- I act on Ultra Instinct.

KA KA KA KA KACHI DAZE
Where do you even find this information?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
didnt someone deconfirm master chief a while ago
Really? Hm...

So Frank O'Connor, Franchise Director at 343 Industries (that is, he's basically the one who's making the decisions about where Halo is going as a series), tweeted "Master Chief is not is Smash DLC. Although I did just download Smash. Now I’m going to do what I always do, button mash, do Street Fighter circle moves and jabs till one works, and then try to keep pushing to the right no matter what is happening or what characters are fighting." The rest of his tweet responses are obtuse remarks about how he doesn't understand how to play Smash.

That's almost as high up the 343 Industries ladder as you can go, so he'd be involved in that decision to some degree.

So either:

1) His first statement is honest and final, and Master Chief was never considered for DLC.
2) His first statement is dishonest, and the rest of his tweets are meant to obfuscate the discussion.

He's never been too trustworthy lately. He made some comments regarding Halo 5 before and after its release that are pretty BS. He infamously said that Master Chief was going to be the main character and hero of Halo 5, when in the final game you only play as Master Chief for 3 out of 15 missions, and the final mission you play as the other characters and have to save him. After release, he also compared Halo 5's marketing, which sold a story completely different than what the game had, as comparable to Halo 2's marketing that masked the Arbiter and much of its story, except that the scale of that difference is way bigger and distracts from the point of the complaint in the first place.

The fact that he starts avoiding the subject and spewing nonsense afterwards is also odd. Why'd he bother to buy Smash if he has no idea how it plays and no intent to learn, not differentiating it from Street Fighter or Tekken?

So is he telling the truth? Maybe, maybe not. His track record of saying things that turn out to be true isn't the best, since he seems to think obfuscating the truth in favor of surprises is better, however unwelcome those surprises are.

One thing to note is that with all fighters, it partly hinges on how familiar Sakurai is with them. The man is actually responsible for a lot of the trophy ideas in previous games, although he obviously had to delegate the Spirit job, since that was way larger in scope. This is because the man has an insane game collection which includes games like Call of Duty, Destiny, Spider-Man, and Army of Two. Given Halo's significance in the past, it's more than likely he's played Halo, as well.

I'd also hazard a guess that if Erdrick really is a character in the Fighters Pass, given the lack of Western appeal, Master Chief might be the balance to that as something with almost solely Western appeal, along with being a Western character in general. This would be similar to how Sakurai handled Chrom and Dark Samus. So Japan gets its "Holy **** oh my god" character, and America gets its "Holy **** oh my god" character.

However, that tweet from O'Connor, regardless of his credibility, is still fairly damning. Keep expectations in check.

BELIEVE a little less

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
this leak is more real than the Grinch.

Which was completely legit.
You know, I just had a thought.

Every leak that comes out from here on out literally has a higher chance of being real than the Grinch Leak does now. Think about that.

This Palu ditto is aight but I'm waiting for Marss to push Nairo to his limits.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Things are really heating up!

Donald and Douglas: Fawful, God Emperor Yoshi, Idon, Isaac, King Dedede, Marx, Min Min, Noipoi, Reggie
King Dedede: Everyone else

King Dedede is fatally electrocuted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom