• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay. Let's do this.

1. REmake Jill
  2. RE3 Jill
  3. RE: Revelations Jill
  4. RE5 BSAA Jill
  5. RE5 Battlesuit Jill
  6. RE:UC Antarctica Jill
  7. RE1 PlayStation exclusive alt. costume
  8. RE1 D.C. exclusive alt. costume
  9. RE:DS exclusive costume
  10. REmake "Army" alt. costume
  11. RE3 "RPD" alt. costume
  12. RE3 "Disco" alt. costume
  13. RE3 "Biker" alt. costume
  14. RE3 alt. costume where she looks like Regina from Dino Crisis but it's actually Jill not Regina from Dino Crisis
  15. Jill Valentine played by Sienna Guillory

There.
Do ya think Jill Valentine is related to Mai Valentine?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
When you get to a part in the game, the title screen changes to lying Fairy (Flying Fairy)/ Airy Lies(Where The Fairy Flies)
homie look who you're telling this to

1552683515538.png

tho god bless the localisation for taking some of the wind out of the reveal with the overlong name change

D

Deleted member

Tell e'm again.
K. Rool has everything you could ask for. Good recovery. Decently fast attacks, range, and good projectiles.

Still talking about this?

I wanted to change the subject and talk about stages, but it seems you're still going at it. You guys have a point in that Nintendo doesn't have much western-created content they could add to Smash, but it's still true that Nintendo shows preference to Japan-made content. I mean it doesn't seem likely that they would ever consider western-made third party characters to be playable in Smash due to language barriers and things like that.
It was likely based on his voice in the 4KIDS Kirby: Right Back At Ya! dub, which in turn, was based on Zorro, A famous fictional sword wielder known for his Spanish accent...
That would be a simpleton's way of oversimplifying it (Thanks for not addressing my points, btw). Being aggressive and savage in battle ARE personality traits, that does not equal lacking one. His victory poses showcase this quite well as he shows off his raw power. Once again, in a fighting game where Bowser gets to use his brawn, this is the place where I expect him to bring out the aggression. Then again, you wouldn't see this because I'm convinced you've never played a Mario game before and you only know the "Bowser" from the Mario Bros. live action movie.

And of course, Bowser has never, ever, been known to use his power in a destructive way. Perhaps you are on to something?

To the naked eye, it looks like Bowser is simply rampaging and destroying. But to the bull**** makers, he looks like a deep guy who enjoys giving motivational speeches discussing the meaning of life.

Don't let this performance fool you. He might be breaking blocks, clawing his way to freedom, but I'm sure that deep inside Bowser's head he is enduring great conflict in regards to Mario taking over his body. Serious, very serious stuff.

I'm gonna end my sarcasm just to say that, yes, I do enjoy Bowser because of his awesome design and abilities, I'm a paleontology enthusiast, a dinosaur guy, a dragon lover, and I enjoy Godzilla because of the admiration I have for monstrous reptilians. I've like Bowser since always. His characterization is also enjoyable, and is mostly shown in the RPGs. Those kinds of games have more room for that because the story, dialogue and character interactions allow for it. In Smash, I don't expect the devs to cram all that stuff in a fricking game where Mario can punch Peach in the face. If you fight, you are going to be more aggressive for the most part. And I love that Bowser can be a badass who can give Mario a sound beating for once. I don't expect him to tell us about the motivation of his plans or spout quips. He was intentionally designed to be intimidating and cool. Miyamoto said it himself when coming up with the character.

And I just don't get why people who supposedly like Bowser want to pretend that he can't embrace his animal side because... some bull**** or something, like there is some unwritten rule saying that if you can speak you can't roar. I brought up similar examples in characters like Beast from Xmen or Aslan the Lion that no one ever addresses. There is also Hulk from MvC; anyone who has read the comics or has seen the movies knows the struggle between the Banner/Hulk persona. And yet, that conflict is not present in the MvC games in full capacity. You know why? Because its a damn fighting where he gets to hulk smash people till they are down! And that part of what makes playing as Hulk awesome.

So excuse me for being a plebeian who loves the fighting part of Bowser in Smash and for not being a pretentious guy who lives in a world where Bowser isn't supposed to sound like the animal amalgamation he also is. Keyword: ALSO.
Could you possibly elaborate on your OP what moves he could have? What is the character's history?
Can we just lock this clearly troll thread already?
Outside of Smash Speculation, a nonsense word that literally describes something that can't exist if you think about it.
Inside Smash Speculation, a colloquialism to describe a character who didn't originate in a video game.
Mother Brain [Metroid]
Andross(N64 version) [Star Fox]
Giratina [Pokemon]
Porky [Earthbound]
Dark Dragon Medeus [Fire Emblem]
Medusa [Kid Icarus]
Liquid Snake piloting Metal Gear REX [Metal Gear]
Eggman piloting Death Egg Robot [Sonic the Hedgehog]
Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine [Mega Man]
Safer Sephiroth [Final Fantasy]
Cla better prepare his *** cause we got Cruesli, Tresor, real cornflakes and ****ing Lion cereal. I never actually had the last one but if it's anything like the chocolate my mouth will hurt but it'll be worth it
Well, this is the only fake leak I've seen where the picture quality actually isn't too bad for once, so I'll give it that at least?
I'm telling you, it'll be a 75 minute Direct, complete with Doug Bowser monologue about kidnapping Reggie.
He would have some similarities in design with Villager and Pac-Man am quite sure. Also he'd blow bubbles to trap enemies in probably. I could get semi-excited for Spongebob honestly. The early episodes where golden.

Also, I've been playing Ultimate on handheld mode since forever, and I think it's hurting my matchup against Snake by not being able to see his mines very well.
I would imagine Spongebob being a close quarters fighter, with some projectiles to round him out, like Mario.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
K. Rool has everything you could ask for. Good recovery. Decently fast attacks, range, and good projectiles.

I would imagine Spongebob being a close quarters fighter, with some projectiles to round him out, like Mario.
my guy did you just quote everyone in the thread

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
first of all how dare u

View attachment 198476
Wurmple would be hype, and you know it

Did you just quote a bunch of us, just so we could look at your completely unrelated post?

Ngl, that was kind of a petty way to grab everyone's attention

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

not even included in the mass quote smh

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The reason I'm not divulging what my condition is is because I've only been given no instructions on how to take care of it (as I was at the doctor for a different reason, which was Ringworm). I don't want any "alternative treatments" if you know what I mean...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Nah SpongeBob would likely be very floaty, due to being a character from a world under water. I also picture him as campy, because he uses a lot of householding tools as Villager would. The net as a grab for example would be taken from Villager, and a projectile as a bubble is pretty much a given. Maybe even Crabby Patty as a projectile like Mr.Game & Watch's Chef attack. I think he'd be kind of a mix between Villager, G&W and Pac Man, and being a floaty lightweight.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh **** Shy Guy has a knife. And Big Chungus Shy Guy is here too!
This can't be happening.

I've had it for a while now, and now thanks to my visit to the doctor yesterday I know why (though I won't divulge much).

I should also apologize to Noipoi Noipoi and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! for taking that Sobble stuff personally yesterday...
Nah don't worry. Just like Noi, I didn't really take it personally.
I kinda joined in mid-way through, so I had kinda assumed y'all were just joking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom