• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Now? Maybe not. In 2007? All the time.
you're telling me this man time traveled to 12 years ago

and now you're telling me people born in 2007 are going to be 12?

91f.jpg

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So what you do think they’ll do for Smash’s 20th anniversary?

-Make a simple tweet and nothing more?
-Have a Spirit event based on Smash itself?
-Release a special anniversary concept art book, CDs, other merchandise etc?
-announce a new fighter ballot?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

A tweet at best, and we might not even get that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't want to seem rude but, why do you have to be so negative towards everything?
i'm not but ok

We have Smash Spirits already, there's not really more they could do outside of that.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

Either a concept art book or a new ballot. Either would be awesome.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

These guys come ready to crush everybody.

And a plethora of "No Direct?" comments. Maybe just a special video too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
you're telling me this man time traveled to 12 years ago

and now you're telling me people born in 2007 are going to be 12?

View attachment 187342
Want to feel old? (at least for the nineties and eighties kids in here etc) Everyone born in the year 2000 and earlier is now an adult at the age of at least 18 years or older. (Except for those born in February 29 I suppose...)

Anyway, It would be neat if they added the Smash 64 design's of the original twelve as DLC alts for Smash's 20th anniversary. Like Mario 64 Mario in Odyssey.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I suppose so... It won't stop me from feeling sorry for him due to all the stuff he's been having to endure. If he stood up for himself more or if the majority of the cast wasn't poking fun at him so often in the games, or at the very least if I myself wasn't tormented so much, I'd probably be able to tolerate what Pit's been tolerating more. At least his seriousness in Chapter 20 surely helped. I suppose part of why Pit's a target like that though is also because of God vs Angel superiority (I still find it unfair in the Pit/Palu department most considering how Pit had to risk his life a lot to save her and the world multiple times) and the little ego gods tend to have.

It probably hurts me as much if I had to express to someone that I'm not really fond of Palu's personality and I get backlash for it when I favor Pit, though, but such a thing is pretty common.
I need to remember where those Dark Pit moments came from though. The only one I remember was the "Stupid gods and stupid wars" one, which is actually kinda true.
You can feel sorry for Pit as much as possible, but don’t torture yourself...still better than fighting a Richter though

The relationship between Pit and Palutena is a weird one. Sure she plays games on him, but only games that she knows won’t hurt him. Plus, she did go into a depressed state when Pit nearly died due to his wings being burnt (as if she could barely function without her only friend there to cheer her up)...and also feeds him to the best of her capabilities (it’s hard when you’re only friend and family eats food off the ground and you can’t cook for ****).

As for the Pittoo parts, most came from Uprising, but the pallet swap part came from Wolf’s Guidance in Ultimate (guess Viridi will treat any Pit like trash since she knows they won’t do anything about it). Ironic how the clone who follows nobody works for a goddess who’ll trash him quickly...and he doesn’t do a thing about it...guess Pit’s dark side doesn’t change much in the long run (or Pittoo’s light side managed to corrupt him)
If we get guest characters in Jump Force, we better ****ing get Zoe
nah
Smash is 20 in three days, eh?

Time for exclusive Smash spirits!...right?
And the American release celebrates in April

I feel, nothing...

Sonya looks terrible.
So...you don’t like how Ronda Rousey looks?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Oh hey, we're back. Now I can go back to chatting and stanning for a character who appeared in one game back in 2004 that most people don't even know exists. Cool beans.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Probably the first. Maybe a spirit event for Smash original characters.

Although I would love a Smash concept art book & another ballot.

D

Deleted member

tbh I wouldn't even mind a new fighter ballot, though things might get ****ty when a fan favorite inevitably loses and people get angry because they thought their decade-old character that hasn't had a new game in years was popular among casuals whose votes count just as much as yours

(seriously isabelle's widespread positive reception should be proof that the beliefs held by smashboards and reddit and all the more hardcore smash communities don't necessarily reflect the majority's views)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
one of my favorite animated movies of all time tbh
I remember seeing the trailers and thinking that it'd just be alright, but man did it surpass my expectations. Easily my favorite film of 2018 and one of my all-time favorite superhero movies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I've actually been thinking about what Madotsuki's taunts could be and here's what I've come up with so far...
- Shaking her head "no" as she does if you try to leave her room in the real world. Would be great to use upon a punish or gimp.
- Taking out her diary and writing something in it briefly.
- I have no idea yet.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
tbh I wouldn't even mind a new fighter ballot, though things might get ****ty when a fan favorite inevitably loses and people get angry because they thought their decade-old character that hasn't had a new game in years was popular among casuals whose votes count just as much as yours

(seriously isabelle's widespread positive reception should be proof that the beliefs held by smashboards and reddit and all the more hardcore smash communities don't necessarily reflect the majority's views)
unrelated but I saw plenty if missed opinions on isabelles when she was shown

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just haven’t been able to yet, also trying to see if any of my friends can too since I don’t like going alone.
*In Wolf's voice* What's the matter, scared? Nah, I am just messing with you in a friendly way. Still, why don't you like going alone?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Next game, I'm like 85% sure we're gonna get a second unique Splatoon character (Probably Octoling) and reactions will be the exact same as they happened with Isabelle.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Next game, I'm like 85% sure we're gonna get a second unique Splatoon character
you're giving me the "we're totally getting a new xenoblade character, there's no way they wouldn't!" flashbacks.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Next game, I'm like 85% sure we're gonna get a second unique Splatoon character (Probably Octoling) and reactions will be the exact same as they happened with Isabelle.
Be curious to see how they handle the ink. Sakurai intentionally made every color unique and easy to recognize for each Inkling for user friendlieness. They could add different shades of the colors but would they?

The only unused colors are white, brown, red, grey, and black. The first three are not happening for obvious reasons.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

Damn, you’re looking for a fight son.

I mean, I’m fine with casual choices as long they’re actually popular and not blatant promotions but hardcore fans have gunning for those “decade-old” characters for several years so I can see their point of view.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I've actually been thinking about what Madotsuki's taunts could be and here's what I've come up with so far...
- Shaking her head "no" as she does if you try to leave her room in the real world. Would be great to use upon a punish or gimp.
- Taking out her diary and writing something in it briefly.
- I have no idea yet.
I'd gladly help making a Madotsuki thread if there's not one yet. Yume Nikki is an awesome game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom