• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

villager 2 is added as an ac 2019 rep

instead of using tools from the ac series he has a knife

D

Deleted member

That's news to me. Didn't know that many people were into animal crossing.
The biggest reason people were outraged at Nintendo's E3 last year was because of the lack of AC. It's a deceptively huge franchise that Nintendo fans underestimate a ton. AC New Leaf alone has a lifetime sales total of 11.97 million worldwide, and people buy consoles just for AC. It's a pretty big deal for Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
AC is immensely popular with the 'casual' side of the nintendo fanbase; smash is immensely popular with the diehard side, e.g. sites like smashboards. part of the reason isabelle seemed to catch a lot of people on places like here and reddit off guard is a disconnect with that casual side and just how big it is.
That reminds me this one guy on YouTube who was absolutely convinced that Metroid is bigger (in terms of sales) than Animal Crossing.

A lot of people in Smash speculation has a weird "they don't count" mentality against casual franchises. I like to think they are a vocal minority.

D

Deleted member

That reminds me this one guy on YouTube who was absolutely convinced that Metroid is bigger (in terms of sales) than Animal Crossing.

A lot of people in Smash speculation has a weird "they don't count" mentality against casual franchises. I like to think they are a vocal minority.
"Incineroar would only appeal to casuals!"

And? Casuals are probably the majority of the sales anyways

D

Deleted member

As much as I like Metroid and it really does hurt me to say this, it's honestly lucky to even still be alive with how low the sales of each installment are.

It's not even in the same tier as Kirby or Yoshi games, TBH.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Caption my avatar.

plus now thats it’s a veteran no one can accuse me of banjo bias anymore lol

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Really curious to see what's beyond Joker. Maybe in late April...

1552492894955.png

Hello, Serebii Serebii , if you're not too busy, I've noticed that the site banner is composed of two pictures, one in back, and a center one in front. Unfortunately, that creates a noticeable seam at the ends. Is there any way to fix this? (you didn't notice this on Twitter, so I might have better luck here.)

---

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

The Smash bubble's kinda scary...

Most people in it think that the things they like matter more than the stuff the more casual fans prefer... They need to remember that the casual fans are still fans, too. They're likely the reason we got characters like :ultisabelle: and :ultincineroar:, and I think we just need to respect them a bit more.

I swear, Smash is one of the most toxic fanbases I've ever been a part of. Though, everyone here at Smashboards are all well behaved, and nice folk. So gj to you guys

Just saw your sig
What can I say, except "He's babie"?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

that epic gamer moment when you add fortnite guy into smash and he sells millions of extra copies to kids and you get that sweet sweet parent's credit card
1552493106752.jpeg

D

Deleted member

The biggest reason people were outraged at Nintendo's E3 last year was because of the lack of AC. It's a deceptively huge franchise that Nintendo fans underestimate a ton. AC New Leaf alone has a lifetime sales total of 11.97 million worldwide, and people buy consoles just for AC. It's a pretty big deal for Nintendo.
I didn’t know people were outraged over that until now. Which is surprising because outraged people are usually very local.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
My gf keeps trying to make me look positive saying "They might show Animal Crossing stuff soon" and the only thing I can say it "Yeah ****ing right. What a joke"
i'm fairly certain Nintendo is aware it's their biggest game of the year

info is coming, don't worry

D

Deleted member

But Pokemon has enough reps as it is. Now let's talk about why we should get Geno and Waluigi.
the biggest video game franchises of all time have enough representation

now lemme tell you about this guy isaac, sure he hasn't been in a game for a decade but if we just practice some basic franchise necromancy

D

Deleted member

I didn’t know people were outraged over that until now. Which is surprising because outraged people are usually very local.
Depends what side of the internet you were on.

If you went somewhere where Smash is adored and every miniscule detail of its development was important to people, it was the best E3 ever.

Outside of the Smash fandom, however, it was regarded as a bad E3 and even a terrible one by some. As someone who didn't think E3 was bad last year, it was admittedly still really light on content to care about if you did not like Smash. Super Mario Party was the only new reveal, and Fire Emblem got delayed. E3 2018 was pretty much just a Smash Direct for Nintendo fans, so if you didn't care about the game at all or only had casual interest in it, it was gonna bore you to tears with how in-depth the segment on it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom