• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I actually don't know. On the one hand my boy Shulk is super gimmicky and unorthodox and I love him, but on the other hand the characters I actually get good results with are all fundamental based characters. So I guess I don't really have a preference
tbh this is exactly why i'd prefer my wanted characters to be slightly weird and difficult - that way, by putting the time in, i can make that character more my own compared to just jumping on, say, lucina or cloud.

D

Deleted member

People are more excited for Pokemon than Animal Crossing?

That...legitimately surprises me.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Yeah, now I want to see the new Animal Crossing game. It's been a while since I actively played an AC game.
I think New Leaf was curing my depression

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Animal Crossing and Pokemon are both very similar, in that they have a lot of animal like creatures, with new ones added every game.

Unlike Animal Crossing, though, Pokemon lets you use those animal creatures as your slaves. Therefore, it's more appealing

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

also the only thing we've seen of AC so far is tom nook looking depressed and alone at midnight in front of a dimly lit computer screen

osby

Smash Obsessed
tbh this is exactly why i'd prefer my wanted characters to be slightly weird and difficult - that way, by putting the time in, i can make that character more my own compared to just jumping on, say, lucina or cloud.
Add surprise factor to it. I'm not even good at Smash but I win half of the time I play as :ultolimar: or :ultwiifittrainer: because nobody knows how to deal with them.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Me too: the last (proper) AC game released 2012/13 while Pokemon gets new entries every year, minus some breaks. I get it if Sword and Shield were completely changing up the formula or something, but it seems that's probably not the case.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Question: Which moveset and playstyle would you rather have for a newcomer?

A plain and “boring” moveset with generic punches/kicks/slashes and specials that are obviously ripped straight from the character’s games but is very simple to main?

Or

A creative and unique moveset that functions differently from the others and has attacks/specials built from scratch but is very “gimmicky” and difficult to main unless you’re a pro?
Probably the first option. Characters don't need gimmicks to be fun, and right now, the gimmicky characters in Smash I don't really like using.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was just asked to say "These are pretty cool Bananas. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" in one of my characters' voices.
I did it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean

It's goddamn Pokemon
Yeaaaaahhhhh but, AC though.

Animal Crossing and Pokemon are both very similar, in that they have a lot of animal like creatures, with new ones added every game.

Unlike Animal Crossing, though, Pokemon lets you use those animal creatures as your slaves. Therefore, it's more appealing
...You kind of just described Pikmin.

...Now I want a Pikmin.

also the only thing we've seen of AC so far is tom nook looking depressed and alone at midnight in front of a dimly lit computer screen
That alone already makes me wanna buy it TBH.

Nook has now become the most relatable character in gaming!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Add surprise factor to it. I'm not even good at Smash but I win half of the time I play as :ultolimar: or :ultwiifittrainer: because nobody knows how to deal with them.
y'all ever seen the look of fear on a person's face when they're playing smash 4 against you and you whip out the ryu

now they laugh because ryu's a crippled hobo, but man oh man was that something back in the day

R O F L

Smash Ace
I'm mostly excited for new reveals, but out of the games we've already seen, I want some freaking Animal Crossing gameplay.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
That's why I like using :ultgnw: against projectile spammers, particularly if they're Ness/Lucas. A lot of people just don't seem to get how the bucket works

D

Deleted member

y'all ever seen the look of fear on a person's face when they're playing smash 4 against you and you whip out the ryu

now they laugh because ryu's a crippled hobo, but man oh man was that something back in the day
It's the exact opposite with Shulk

They laughed in Sm4sh but ohhhh boy are they not ready for the nair now

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
...You kind of just described Pikmin.

...Now I want a Pikmin.
Just ask Reggie to be your Purple Pikmin for a bit

He's probably not gonna be as busy now, as he's stepping down as NOA President, so this might be your best chance

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know Brave is gonna be Erdrick regardless of my initial knee-jerk reaction of thinking the February Direct somehow indicated it wouldn't be him, but man, I wish Brave was Crono.

I want Secret of the Forest and Lavos' Theme in Smash, dang it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I haven’t heard talk about Erdrick in a long time, I’m still on that Instagram Shield post but maybe he’s not as likely as we think.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Just ask Reggie to be your Purple Pikmin for a bit

He's probably not gonna be as busy now, as he's stepping down as NOA President, so this might be your best chance
He'll never be available
"Okay, that's all the time I've got. I gotta get back to playing Animal Crossing on my Nintendo Switch"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
inb4 after all these theories it turns out it's literally just brave = bravely because sakurai never meant for them to stand as obscure puzzles and in fact took them out with 2.0.0

i can dream

What if you
Didn't want to be at 60%
But then Shulk said
B U S T E R
every shulk i've ever fought online whips out the buster then somehow forgets how to shield against my attacks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's the exact opposite with Shulk

They laughed in Sm4sh but ohhhh boy are they not ready for the nair now
Even the CPU knows it's good. All Shulk's AI does is hop around Nairing and it somehow works. Lucario likes his Nairs a lot too.

D

Deleted member

if joker just swings his dagger around instead of summoning arsene like a roided-up luma and doing crazy two-man combo attacks i'll wonder why they even added him

so the second option
If Joker can't do this then his whole inclusion might as well have been meaningless

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Question: Which moveset and playstyle would you rather have for a newcomer?

A plain and “boring” moveset with generic punches/kicks/slashes and specials that are obviously ripped straight from the character’s games but is very simple to main?

Or

A creative and unique moveset that functions differently from the others and has attacks/specials built from scratch but is very “gimmicky” and difficult to main unless you’re a pro?
Gotta go with option 1. I used to be a fan of gimmicks, but then I took a Luma to the knee.

D

Deleted member

every shulk i've ever fought online whips out the buster then somehow forgets how to shield against my attacks
patience is a virtue, one that i am lacking

forreal though it's because we're trying to get a grab because down throw combos into a ****ton of stuff in buster, including f-smash

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If Joker can't do this then his whole inclusion might as well have been meaningless
ok but if sakurai's got any sense this is absolutely 100% the sort of fighting game archetype he'll try to adapt with joker's inclusion

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
which is why we really want to see more of the game and not a stupid little tease. Just look on twitter, TONS of people want animal Crossing news. Pokemon got its damn trailer, the the **** is Animal Crossings

Last edited:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I hope that they add the facilities from Happy Home Designer to the next Animal Crossing. It'd be cool to have little restaurants and buildings to go to other than just the main ones.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Really? Huh.

I figured AC was popular in pretty much every Nintendo community, but eh, different strokes for different folks, I guess.
AC is immensely popular with the 'casual' side of the nintendo fanbase; smash is immensely popular with the diehard side, e.g. sites like smashboards. part of the reason isabelle seemed to catch a lot of people on places like here and reddit off guard is a disconnect with that casual side and just how big it is.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hope that they add the facilities from Happy Home Designer to the next Animal Crossing. It'd be cool to have little restaurants and buildings to go to other than just the main ones.
oooh yes. Bonus points if they let us have amenities from pocket camp in the town. Also more clothing options. Since Pocket Camp just introduced wings, I hope we get wings. I have so many animal crossing ideas, damn it, I wish nintendo would give us SOMETHING

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

AC is immensely popular with the 'casual' side of the nintendo fanbase; smash is immensely popular with the diehard side, e.g. sites like smashboards. part of the reason isabelle seemed to catch a lot of people on places like here and reddit off guard is a disconnect with that casual side and just how big it is.
I guess part of why I personally wasn't surprised by her inclusion was because I'm kind of on both sides of the spectrum. I like both Nintendo's hardcore and casual stuff, as Nintendo games are probably 70% of what I play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom