• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Incineroar
Amiibo
When?
Fun fact: Incineroar is the only Ultimate returner or newcomer besides Joker that either hasn't been announced and isn't on that amiibo listing. Dark Samus, Chrom, Pokémon Trainer, Snake, Simon, and Richter are listed there, Pichu, Young Link, Ken, Isabelle, Ice Climbers, Daisy, K. Rool, and Piranha Plant have been announced, and Inkling, Wolf, and Ridley have released.

Incineroar is literally the only non-fighter pass amiibo left to be confirmed.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. THE MONSTER IS SAME TOO. FOR THIS, I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOWS ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE! I AM A MONSTER

COACH
Oh man, the Trashy Man speech. I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.

Normally I'm really opposed to YouTube videos with some dude just talking, but those guys reading the botched translations made me rofl.

Anyone who doesn't know what this is, you are required to go to YouTube and look up Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal. It starts with her putting various items in her bag (in a wonderful example of Blind Idiot Translation) and continues from there.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ehh, clearly Nintendo has enough faith in them to produce one of their most anticipated Switch games. That's good enough for me.
I wonder how this is effecting whatever else Retro has been working on for the past 5 years sense Tropical Freeze. If that project is still in active development and hasn’t been canceled or delayed, then Prime 4 will probably take a back seat to it. Unless it’s ready to be announced and released in the same year. (New 3D Donkey Kong game PLEASE!!!)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Fun fact: Incineroar is the only Ultimate returner or newcomer besides Joker that either hasn't been announced and isn't on that amiibo listing. Dark Samus, Chrom, Pokémon Trainer, Snake, Simon, and Richter are listed there, Pichu, Young Link, Ken, Isabelle, Ice Climbers, Daisy, K. Rool, and Piranha Plant have been announced, and Inkling, Wolf, and Ridley have released.

Incineroar is literally the only non-fighter pass amiibo left to be confirmed.
They're toying with my emotions, man.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. THE MONSTER IS SAME TOO. FOR THIS, I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOWS ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE! I AM A MONSTER

COACH
Dont forget you cant throw the butt Casualy and the bike rode the boy to The Hell

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Going by that listing, it's confirmed. They're the ones listed on the row above Pokémon Trainer, alongside Dark Samus.
AAAAHH!!! YEEEESSS!!!!!!

Please be true!

You know what would be awesome? If the :ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard: amiibo favored using only the mon in question, and the :ultpokemontrainer: amiibo switched them around. Come to think of it, I'd love it if that's the way it worked in game as well - like you could play Pokémon Trainer and swap the mons around, and it'd throw "Pokémon Trainer Wins!" at the end, but if you stuck with Squirtle the whole time, Xander would call "Squirtle Wins!"

Speaking of the amiibo, though...what's with the next wave? The official site lists :ultisabelle::ultpichu::ultken::ultdaisy::ultyounglink: as the next Smash Bros set, but there's no release date... I've got my :ultkrool::ulticeclimbers::ultpiranha: on preorder, so I'm ready for the next set.

D

Deleted member

>Bring back all previous playable characters + Kairi and Lea who now have keyblades
>You only play as Sora, Riku and Aqua
I mean I understand that they're sort of the defacto protaganists but COME ON SQUARE
LET US PLAY AS LEA YOU ****ING COWARDS

D

Deleted member

>Bring back all previous playable characters + Kairi and Lea who now have keyblades
I mean I understand that they're sort of the defacto protaganists but COME ON SQUARE
They won't let you play as Lea because Lea is the real Kingdom Hearts rep coming to Smash

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
and Aqua ****ing jobs the whole game anyway so having her in the game was useless anyway

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I wonder how this is effecting whatever else Retro has been working on for the past 5 years sense Tropical Freeze. If that project is still in active development and hasn’t been canceled or delayed, then Prime 4 will probably take a back seat to it. Unless it’s ready to be announced and released in the same year. (New 3D Donkey Kong game PLEASE!!!)
Who knows? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

D

Deleted member

So in light of the recent Metroid Prime 4 news, it seems as if past talks about Metroid Prime Trilogy appearing last month combined with the last we've heard about Retro Studios was going towards more creative ventures have come up again. Coming from another pretty damn good insider, which Spawn covered about an hour ago, and I honestly think there's some credence.

To put it short and simple, about Metroid Prime Trilogy:

Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch has already been long done before December last year and the announcement was supposed to have been made last month, but due to Metroid Prime 4's progress, it was shelved for any December announcement.

The biggest problem for MP4 was Nintendo's experimental ad-hoc process, being made in parts in different countries. Some studios were saying it was going smoothly, other studios else where was going terrible. Probably one of those studios Reggie said that was going "smoothly" was the ones that were doing good. The interesting thing is that Retro THEMSELVES made the pitch for their involvement and put together a demo that Nintendo liked enough for their standards.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...tch-has-been-done-for-a-while-and-more.95732/

I wonder how Retro even knew about the situation. Aside from their other projects, they seem to be gung-ho to the ends about Prime. Makes sense, though more confirmation about Metroid Prime Trilogy always helps. Maybe it can be the February release we're all looking for, since there's nothing that month?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So in light of the recent Metroid Prime 4 news, it seems as if past talks about Metroid Prime Trilogy appearing last month combined with the last we've heard about Retro Studios was going towards more creative ventures have come up again. Coming from another pretty damn good insider, which Spawn covered about an hour ago, and I honestly think there's some credence.

To put it short and simple, about Metroid Prime Trilogy:

Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch has already been long done before December last year and the announcement was supposed to have been made last month, but due to Metroid Prime 4's progress, it was shelved for any December announcement.

The biggest problem for MP4 was Nintendo's experimental ad-hoc process, being made in parts in different countries. Some studios were saying it was going smoothly, other studios else where was going terrible. Probably one of those studios Reggie said that was going "smoothly" was the ones that were doing good. The interesting thing is that Retro THEMSELVES made the pitch for their involvement and put together a demo that Nintendo liked enough for their standards.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...tch-has-been-done-for-a-while-and-more.95732/

I wonder how Retro even knew about the situation. Aside from their other projects, they seem to be gung-ho to the ends about Prime. Makes sense, though more confirmation about Metroid Prime Trilogy always helps. Maybe it can be the February release we're all looking for, since there's nothing that month?
thanks for your late news (trademark)

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I honestly think the potential of a Minecraft stage, alone would make Steve worthwhile in the end.

Let's be real, here... I couldn't think of a possible stage that has more potential than Minecraft's expansive and randomly generated overworld
Except you are unlikely to get a random expansive world in your platform brawler and more likely to get an uglier version of the Mario Maker stage...

D

Deleted member

For the new poll, sad but glad.

However, there is great emphasis on the sad.

YS-2018-07-21-14h19m49s904.png

"I feel nothing."

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
RE2 disc.jpg

This is how my RE2 disc came today. Im....really saddened and kind of angry about this. Was going to play RE2 all weekend before KH3 and my replacement doesn't come in till monday

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Well guys! Some guy named Day (Dai) just got confirmed for Jump Force!

So for those fighting game people who wanted/begged for/demanded to have Dragon Quest in a fighting game!

You all could just play as Day in Jump Force! And stop requesting another D.Q Goku cosplayer to be in Smash Bros Ultimate!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i just experienced 2 second input lag

what the **** switch online

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
They won't let you play as Lea because Lea is the real Kingdom Hearts rep coming to Smash
yo, Id be down, he is super super popular, one of his lines in KH3 is him breaking the 4th wall amd acknowledging this
Let me guess. You got it from GameStop?
If so then damn, yalls gamestops suck major ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom