• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I have Sonic Mania in my Steam Library because it has a really good sale, and I had a few bucks left over on my Steam account. Haven’t really touched it though. Do you all reccomend it.
first, ask yourself the question i should have probably asked myself before buying it: do you actually like 2D sonic games?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know we moved off the music talk but I just wanted to bring this up again, I had an idea where new spirits could bring in new music tracks what would be unlocked upon defeating the spirit and I was wondering if you guys wanted to partake in this idea as well:

A few ideas I had in mind so far are:
Spirit Type: Support, :starman:, Neutral
Spirit Effects: Bury Immunity
Opponent::ultkrool: (Blue), :ultyoshi: (Blue)X4
Rules:
-Bob-ombs will rain from the sky after a little while
-The enemy is giant
-Reinforcements will appear during the battle
Stage: Omega New Pork City
Music Track: Hisstocrat ~ Super Mario 3D World
Spirit Type: :starman::starman::starman:Attack,
Spirit Effects: Critical-Health Defense↑
Opponent: :ultridley:(Green), :ultganondorf: (Brown)
Rules:
-Stamina Battle
-The enemy heals over time
-The enemy has increased defense after a little while
Stage:
Music Track: Twilight of the Gods ~ Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Is this going to be one of those things where you gradually make the text greener every day until eventually it reaches Yoshi green without anybody noticing?
It was actually my idea to make his text that shade of green.

But Zinith Zinith , you should totally do that.

Over the next 19 days, you should gradually go from #D9E5D9 to #70E95C.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sakurai is actually exhausted by the sword characters, but they're the ones that are popular. The crowds asked for Chrom, not any spear or axe wielder. It's why we got Piranha Plant; it's a very unique character that isn't anime sword wielder #13. I can't go looking for the interview right now, but there was an interview last year where Sakurai threw shade at how many characters in video games use swords.

It's why I find the proposition that Dragon Quest or Fire Emblem are getting another character to be a little unsound. Sakurai only added Corrin when his team convinced him there could be a more unique moveset. Unless DQ or Fire Emblem can offer something unique, we're probably not getting a sword character.
well, you kinda said it yourself - if erdrick is guaranteed to sell like hotcakes like cloud did, especially in japan where DQ is stupid popular, i feel like financial sense will come before sakurai's own personal gripes with swordies
More than that, there's a lot that they can do with Erdrick besides just a sword.

Here's a list of all the weapons in Dragon Quest III, and here's a list of all the spells in Dragon Quest III. If they draw on the entire series like Sakurai does for some characters, there's even more to work with.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
In either eary 2018 or late 2017 I found these really stupid and goofy Pokémon rip-off LEGOs. I bought Ash, Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff, because they were so stupid and I loved em. I had them displayed for a while, then I put them up. I just found Ash and Jigglypuff in storage today. Shame I lost Mewtwo though. He was the stupidest of them all.
D4B11244-E0A4-445B-BDE5-2E8B4ED11305.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Hnngh, can someone put Brave's stats on Ganondorf?
FTFY I know people are a fan of Erdrick but despite how unlikely it is that the Square rep isn't Erdrick better to be safe than Sorry during the base roster most people thought Geno was the Square rep and was a lock but look how far he's fallen. The same could always happen to him, despite how unlikely it is.

Just don't celebrate prematurely.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Remember when Plant was supposed to be a midweight with the worst dashing speed in the game? He was also suppossed to have three jumps.

Stats can change before release, so there is a possibility that Joker and Brave could play nothing like datamined stats indicate.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Swordfighter:
Sc4-Chaixianghua.jpg
Also Swordfighter:
Nightmare_Soul_Calibur_V.jpg

Smash Bros fanbase: DAE think 2 MUCH SORD? All fite same??

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Back when Serebii forums was my main online hangout I liked to change my avatar to a Rattata on those days and go "top percentage" memes. I love how Smashboards changes everyone's avatars for its pranks, but it does kind of make me sad that I can't pull off my own memey nonsense on that day here.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Smashboards will probably become Piñata boards April 1st.

At least, that’s what I hope...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Actually I have a serious question.

If a direct occurs April 1st in the middle of a Smash cycle, then does the site revert to normal pre direct?

D

Deleted member

Masked characters don't actually see ****, they get full on blind with those masks on. It's not practical in any way, shape or form but they live for the aesthetic so they do what they gotta do. Lucina bumped into at least ten different trees when following Chrom around before Chapter 6.
PSA
Screenshot_2019-03-12-19-41-25.png

help save our poor train conductor

D

Deleted member

I lowkey think something is up with all this Erdrick being Brave stuff but I don't want to argue about it right now

I mean despite me wanting Geno I think Erdrick would a fine addition and he could totally be Unique enough to warrant being a character. If Sakurai can make Piranha Plant a character he can make anyone a playable character, And DQ Totally Deserves some sort of representation be it something small like a Mii Costume or a Playable character.

I think Geno will likely be a Mii Costume anyways so it's not like I have my hopes up for him, If Erdrick is in I was right if Geno is in I'll Cry tears of happiness.

I wish both could get in on one hand I really want Geno but on the other I don't want DQ fans to go through what Geno fans did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom