• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

TBH if Steve's moveset involves building blocks and then breaking them down that would actually be hella sick, Steve vs Steve dittos would be a sight to behold

Noipoi

Howdy!
If they gave Steve a Smash redesign to make him look like an actual likeable character instead of a butt ugly cube monkey I would have -0 problems with him.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I honestly think the potential of a Minecraft stage, alone would make Steve worthwhile in the end.

Let's be real, here... I couldn't think of a possible stage that has more potential than Minecraft's expansive and randomly generated overworld

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly think the potential of a Minecraft stage, alone would make Steve worthwhile in the end.

Let's be real here... I couldn't think of a possible stage that has more potential than Minecraft's expansive and randomly generated overworld
See this post pals?

This is the absolute truth written on an internet forum.

D

Deleted member

Look, y'all already know how I feel about Steve. I love the blocky boi, but for whatever reason, he seems to cause others great distress, which is a shame.

HOWEVER...I have a sandbox rep that could make everyone happy!

Nuru_Portrait.png

Nuru from Starbound!

Okay, now hear me out here:

• Has a Switch appearance through Wargroove.
  • Uses a spear, a weapon not currently among the Smash cast yet.
  • Great design.
  • Amazing personality.
  • A plant friend for Ivysaur and Piranha Plant!
  • Has a sssssssnake hissss voice.
  • Indie rep.

Eh? Eeeehhhhhhhh?

No? Okay...:c

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Let's be real here... I couldn't think of a possible stage that has more potential than Minecraft's expansive and randomly generated overworld
I'll do you one better.

Pokefloats

R O F L

Smash Ace

Just make a traveling stage between biomes, I'd love that.

I'd also like the Nether, but that's basically what Norfair is.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well if you can't find a logical reason, then why be against him? It's your choice. You're not forced to be against him, are you?
no, I against it all on my own
Yes, why I like him is illogical and superficial, I cant deny that but as much as I wanna try to like him, I cant.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Look, y'all already know how I feel about Steve. I love the blocky boi, but for whatever reason, he seems to cause others great distress, which is a shame.

HOWEVER...I have a sandbox rep that could make everyone happy!

View attachment 188499

Nuru from Starbound!

Okay, now hear me out here:

• Has a Switch appearance through Wargroove.
  • Uses a spear, a weapon not currently among the Smash cast yet.
  • Great design.
  • Amazing personality.
  • A plant friend for Ivysaur and Piranha Plant!
  • Has a sssssssnake hissss voice.
  • Indie rep.

Eh? Eeeehhhhhhhh?

No? Okay...:c
I like Nuru’s design.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So assuming the 4 are real. What are ideal stages for them?

Steve would most obviously be Overworld.

Not too knowledgeable on Doomslayer, Ryu Hayabusa and Erdrick though as I never played their games.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
A new thread with a new focus since the old one had worn out its cause and was starting to fester? Hm.

If anyone has wondered why I've been so quiet lately...well...

I've been busy.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Not too knowledgeable on Doomslayer, Ryu Hayabusa and Erdrick though as I never played their games.
What on Earth would the Doom stage be?
It probably can't be Hell, because E10+ Nintendo game

Last edited:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice

Doomslayer - Hell is too M rated, so I'd say a remake of a level from the original Doom or the Church-y new location from Doom Eternal

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Minecraft fans, help me out here.

Steve's face weirds me out in a Disney Effect sorta way. You know how the letter D in the logo looks like a backwards G? Well in Steve's case, something about his design confuses me. The pink part is supposed to be a mouth, right? And the brown pixels adjacent to it is his beard? It looks as if the pink area is meant to be his "nose" while the brown parts are this weirdly u-shaped "smile" that curves around the "nose". When I see Alex, it seems like the pink area really is meant to be the mouth for both characters, but I honestly can't tell if she's the exception. I think I like my head-canon better. Steve with a goofy boxy grin is funnier than Steve with a beard.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You haven't answered me so I guess I'll just do it anyway. Also, I think that a cool way to design the characters for your game would be if they looked like they are from some old Disney cartoon, like the black and white ones. I think it fits the theme you want to go with.
But I did answer it. I said no. :p
Also, when I said I wanted it to look like that, I was reffering to the spook factor. Not the art style.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
We’re still talking about Steve...

Most of you know how I feel about Steve, but I’m gonna reiterate it in simple terms for those who don’t.

I think he’s a somewhat likely character.

He’s one that I DON’T want to get in though.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
But I did answer it. I said no. :p
Also, when I said I wanted it to look like that, I was reffering to the spook factor. Not the art style.
I see, I guess I just couldn't find your post then. I think that you should try making it's eyes wider, the narrow eyes look a little too cute that it cancels the spook factor. Maybe try decreasing the size of it's lower body, it seems a little too big. By the way, was that a no as in you don't mind or a no as in you don't allow? Just asking because I didn't understand it very well without finding your post. :upsidedown:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I see, I guess I just couldn't find your post then. I think that you should try making it's eyes wider, the narrow eyes look a little too cute that it cancels the spook factor. Maybe try decreasing the size of it's lower body, it seems a little too big. By the way, was that a no as in you don't mind or a no as in you don't allow? Just asking because I didn't understand it very well without finding your post. :upsidedown:
You asked if it was a guy sitting on a spider, and I said no, it's not. :p

Also, yeah, it's supposed to be cartoony spook. But I want the protagonist to be pretty cutesy. It was what I had in mind for him from the beggining.

Edit: I could try giving him eight eyes to increase the spoop a tad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why are we using a Tweet to mean anything again?

When has that ever worked?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Can’t say much about the others but the stage I want for Ryu is Basilisk Mine Field from the NES game, the stage with this theme:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
You asked if it was a guy sitting on a spider, and I said no, it's not. :p

Also, yeah, it's supposed to be cartoony spook. But I want the protagonist to be pretty cutesy. It was what I had in mind for him from the beggining.

Edit: I could try giving him eight eyes to increase the spoop a tad.
That wasn't me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom