• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Thats just it, I cant exactly explain it for some reason, I try and try and try but I just cant get the words tight or it just boils down to "I dont like how he looks, I dont like how any of it looks" and no one here wants to hear that most of the time
Well if you can't find a logical reason, then why be against him? It's your choice. You're not forced to be against him, are you?

D

Deleted member

How did they pull this off?
036D1BC2-CE09-4D91-9CDD-7059E2193CEA.jpeg

The last time I checked, Incineroar’s down taunt wasn’t a command grab.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
How does this confirm anything? Someone posted this earlier as a partial joke, I thought.
Pardon me for looking too deeply into it. I can't exactly let the tweet get buried away, especially with how much discussion Minecraft gets in regards to Smash content.

It could very well be nothing, and I could be wrong assuming Steve is 100% confirmed, but whether it's true or not has no bearing on me whatsoever.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Ummm... Who's the guy on the boards who keeps trying to defend Steve's inclusion whenever he has the chance to? Hint hint
Uh

Sorry?

I've been on SmashBoards only for a few months so I have an excuse.

Yeah, because skin customization is totally gonna be in Smash.

It's gonna be four Steves and four Alex's with different color shirts. That doesn't solve my problem with the character's design.
I wan't taking about smash, but ok, i guess.

If they do include him, I hope it's more than just Steve and Alex alts considering the amount of official skins on the console editions.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
How did they pull this off?
View attachment 188492
The last time I checked, Incineroar’s down taunt wasn’t a command grab.
Some of the screenshots made liberal use of the game's engine, so they cheated in quite a few of them. Hence, it's impossible to reproduce these screenshots on your own without messing with the game's code yourself.

For example, 8 Game & Watchs each having all 8 different Inkling paint textures. In the same map. Literally how?

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Well if you can't find a logical reason, then why be against him? It's your choice. You're not forced to be against him, are you?
People are illogical creatures, my friend. The thing is, there doesn't have to be a reason to hate Steve. You just can, if you want to.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, because skin customization is totally gonna be in Smash.

It's gonna be four Steves and four Alex's with different color shirts. That doesn't solve my problem with the character's design.
I doubt that, Mojang knows how varied skins are.
The best example of this are the Lego Minecraft skin packs
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NSWMd-8BFkU/hqdefault.jpg
They're a mix of popculture references, fiction tropes and casual clothing, which I think represents most players' skins well. I think/hope the Minecraft team would try and get something simmilar for the alts.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Fix the lower body. It looks odd jutting out like that. The legs should be a different shape, as it is they look like they wouldn't function correctly.

The spider end should be redesigned, it looks like a butt hat.

Hope this helped.
That helps. Thanks!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I doubt that, Mojang knows how varied skins are.
The best example of this are the Lego Minecraft skin packs
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NSWMd-8BFkU/hqdefault.jpg
They're a mix of popculture references, fiction tropes and casual clothing, which I think represents most players' skins well. I think/hope the Minecraft team would try and get something simmilar for the alts.
I kinda doubt that.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
People are illogical creatures, my friend. The thing is, there doesn't have to be a reason to hate Steve. You just can, if you want to.
But why would anyone be against something other people like if they know there's no logical reason for it?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
At least we are prepared for Steve? and Minecraft if it comes to that. (I personally dont think it shuts out banjo if it happens, we could get both)

I think if Steve? and Minecraft weren't being hinted at/leaked a bit and it happened out of no where the response from fans might be... not great.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey guys, how can I improve this character design?View attachment 188490
I can't exactly make out what's going on with the body- like... I see a torso and I see the spidery bit but I'm having trouble connecting the two. It kinda looks like a little fellow sitting on top and slightly to the right of a funny looking puppy to me

D

Deleted member

bro i'm not trying to **** on Steve supporters I just think he's ugly
Nah I just think the amount of Steve discourse is kinda funny, like he's pretty polarizing but at the same time hella popular

i also think he's kinda ugly too but his moveset would be pretty cool so it balances out for me I guess, I would find him ok I guess

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I can't exactly make out what's going on with the body- like... I see a torso and I see the spidery bit but I'm having trouble connecting the two. It kinda looks like a little fellow sitting on top and slightly to the right of a funny looking puppy to me
That's actually quite a funny way to put it. xD
I'll be sure to fix it.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
At least we are prepared for Steve? and Minecraft if it comes to that. (I personally dont think it shuts out banjo if it happens, we could get both)

I think if Steve? and Minecraft weren't being hinted at/leaked a bit and it happened out of no where the response from fans might be... not great.
I 'm pretty sure the question mark hasn't been a part of his name for some time lol. I think if they reference it at all, it should just be the narrator going "...Steve?!"

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I doubt Prime 4 is going to get cancelled. If it were, the best time to announce its cancellation was in the video.

But I doubt we're gonna hear about it again until the 2020s, but hey, perhaps we could have another BOTW situation.

Also, side note, funny how we heard more news about Prime 4 than we did about Bayo 3.
At least Kamiya said that Bayo 3 was running smoothly and they were happy with how it’s turning out.

It gives me hope that they are ready to show it off this year.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
But why would anyone be against something other people like if they know there's no logical reason for it?
I don't know. There could be many reasons. I was just trying to help explain their views.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Whoof Steve discourse again

Here we go
I am indifferent to Steve. The hate bombarded to new levels with the uncanny valley model flooding /v/, but I find his official design inoffensive. Do I think he's a boring character choice? Yes. Would I riot? Going on a bitter tangent about characters I don't care about is stupid and childish.

Honestly, I'd rather have Steve over Vault Boy. I think that was the first (fake) leak that bumped up Steve's notoriety in the Smash community aside from Vergeben's word-of-mouth.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So are those boobs resting on top of the front... tubular part?
What no

Those are little Spider butts or whatever you call them connected to his hands. They are bassically web shooters.

Oh.

I would examine real spiders to get a feel for the lower body. Sorry, but it kinda looks barely like a spider right now.
Nah don't be sorry. I'm not very good at character design, so I still have to get a feel for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom