• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
NineS NineS arena has a spot open.

DWP7J

Or if he's not around whoever else wants in I guess.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Every once in a while I come across someone who doesn't nickname their Pokemon and I wonder how they can live in sin.
I usually name my Pokémon when they are in my team since it gives a sense of personal attachment to the ones I plan to use on my journey. I do also name shinies at times, particularly if it's one that pops up and surprises me.

If that was true then why hasn’t a majority placed him in High Tier or even use him a lot more in this game?
Potentially because Mario is unexplored and most would rather bother with characters they know are good rather then look into characters they don't know anything about. Also, remember that tier lists at this point are mostly personal opinion past a certain point, there was a time where Zero and Leffen put characters like Greninja in mid-tier or lower and they only changed their opinions as players like Lea proved what he can do.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Some of y'all've never listened to Bare Naked Ladies and it shows.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So today I learned that Villager's Up Smash is considered to be a projectile. Idk why it is, since it can't hit Villy at all, bur it is.

Also, please do not put quickplay at 2 stocks 3 minutes. Thank you.

Roberk

Smash Champion
What are you supposed to do against Mega Man's leaf thing? Except "not get hit", obviously.
Shield? Get grabbed.
Dodge? He just keeps coming.
Attack? If you pull off your animation fast enough (you can’t).

KMDP

Smash Legend
What are you supposed to do against Mega Man's leaf thing? Except "not get hit", obviously.
Using an Ancient, secret technique...
Serious answer is that I'm fairly sure you can shield it. Dodging would also help.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Some of y'all've never listened to Bare Naked Ladies and it shows.
For as often as this thread talks about them you'd think that wouldn't be the case.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm closing my arena for now since I have stuff to take care of elsewhere, but I'll be around again later if people still wanna play. GGs to whoever took part for now.

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ I love how in the first match we did the exact same things in the same scenarios lmao. Console's out of power so I cant keep going, good games lads.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And FYI, you guys can DI out of the Down throw, :ultridley: Down B combo (seriously you shouldn't get hit by that).
Quick question. Your Bowser is the first character I've played that gets out of Corrin's jab combo. I kept trying to use it on instinct when we got close and I got punished every time. Is this unique to Bowser or are you DIing out of it and quickly jabbing/dtilting back?

I've relied pretty heavily on it to create space and it didn't do **** against you.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
For a lot of characters, shielding is all they can do. And they can't even punish it OoS. It's the single most annoying move in the game, imo.

Sword characters can sort of outrange it while its circling him I think, but that'll backfire if he throws it.

D

Deleted member

I'm closing my arena for now since I have stuff to take care of elsewhere, but I'll be around again later if people still wanna play. GGs to whoever took part for now.
Later I will happily verse you!

KMDP

Smash Legend
For a lot of characters, shielding is all they can do. And they can't even punish it OoS. It's the single most annoying move in the game, imo.

Sword characters can sort of outrange it while its circling him I think, but that'll backfire if he throws it.
What about spot-dodging, can that evade it?

I say spot-dodging because dodging into it would be counter-productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom