• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How much you wanna bet Metroid Prime 4 is still going to come out before Final Fantasy 7 Remake?
I'm going to laugh my *** off if Mother 3 comes before it.

I still think it's coming before FF7 remake though :p

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If any Mario Sports Game comes back I hope it's the Strikers series. I miss the attitude era. Think of the new captains they could have. Funky Kong, Rosalina maybe even Cranky or Pauline ect. You're lying if you wouldn't be hype to see Cranky pop off on some youngsters.
I’d rather see the Lumas go on a murder streak...Cranky popping off is normal life stuff anyways
The ending where Plant wins is overrated anyways.
Heroes always win the overall battle and war

Roberk

Smash Champion
How many of you would be absolutely satisfied with just 1 season of Smash DLC? To allow a more secure opinion on the matter let's say that leaked DLC roster is real which means we're getting:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Doom Slayer
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Steve
Are you satisfied with that or do you think we should get a second season?
>Joker
Hype even though I haven’t played Persona/SMT. I just love P5’s aesthetic and the potential gameplay Joker can bring with stands personas.
>Erdrick
Looks cool, I’m giving DQ3 a try but it’s not a tremendous loss to me if he doesn’t make it in.
>Doom Slayer
Hype and really excited, I love DOOM and he just the idea of him in Smash sounds fun.
>Ryu Hayabusa
Neat, that’s all I have to say as I have little connection to Ninja Gaiden.
>Steve
At this point I legitimately want Steve in, the moveset would be very creative (heh) and it’d mean a lot to me since I spent a lot of time with Minecraft when it was at its peak.

I still think we could use another Season though, there’s a couple of first-parties that need another chance since they missed the project plan (Rex, Decidueye, Spring Man, etc.) They’d also represent the more modern era of Nintendo and the Switch.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If any Mario Sports Game comes back I hope it's the Strikers series. I miss the attitude era. Think of the new captains they could have. Funky Kong, Rosalina maybe even Cranky or Pauline ect. You're lying if you wouldn't be hype to see Cranky pop off on some youngsters.
K. Rool. If his minions can be the goalkeepers he can be a captain.

A pirate theme for a captain would be great too. Uses cannon balls as his special skill.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I'd buy 10 of these if the game is good. Charged was one of the more underrated games on the Wii and also a really difficult game. Some of the challenges were straight up bull**** (Yoshi, Diddy and Striker Cup, I'm looking at you).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
K. Rool. If his minions can be the goalkeepers he can be a captain.

A pirate theme for a captain would be great too. Uses cannon balls as his special skill.
Yeah, K.Rool would also make for a good Captain.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One thing that just hit me for how insane Smash's roster is: I've only got three challenges left to complete - play 100 online matches, play 200 online matches, and get 50 Smash tags. At the moment, I've played 51 online matches and have 47 Smash tags.

All I need to do in order to get those remaining challenges is play two online matches with most of the roster and win three times (or less if it's two versus two or a four player free-for-all). That's it. Two fights per character would get me over 150 fights, which sounds downright crazy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How about King Boo as a Captain? That would be pretty cool.
If they bring back Petey Piranha along with him, it'd be dope. Also, that he actually looks like the Luigi's Mansion version, what with the different eyes and blue tongue, so that he's a bit more unique.

R O F L

Smash Ace
So if 2.0.0 is confirmed for next week, do y'all think there's a chance that there could be a direct in the next week to reveal the update's contents?

So... uhm... does everyone like my new avatar...?
You do not know what happened two days ago.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
someone already took the fact they are starting the metroid game over as Nintendo not liking making metroid games

really
Eh, people want their **** now. That's all there is to it. Can't say I agree. Last thing Metroid needs is for it's next console game to be another Disappointing Other M situation.

And it's not a full-on MM Legends 3 situation where the project just gets dropped altogether either. But I'm remaining a bit more hopeful than before strictly because Retro, the dudes who MADE Metroid Prime what it is, are back at it again, even if some employees did move to other companies, seeing how DKCR and DKCTF turned out, it should be fine.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
How about King Boo as a Captain? That would be pretty cool.
It would be difficult to make him unique for Strikers I think. Especially when Boo is a player you can have on your team.

On a side note have King Boo and Boo ever been playable in the same game?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So if 2.0.0 is confirmed for next week, do y'all think there's a chance that there could be a direct in the next week to reveal the update's contents?
The fact that's it's a 2.0.0 update is making me think that something major is coming with it.

So it's probably either a cut mode from previous Smash games or Piranha Plant.

Either way, they're gonna announce it in some form, whether it's through a tweet or a Direct.

So we just have to wait and see.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Here's my opnion on the "leaked" DLC fighters:

Joker
Despite not being that much of a Persona fan I'm excited for him. He'd probably have an interesting moveset, especially if he uses multiple Personas. He also looks really cool.

Erdrick
Not much of a fan, mostly because there are many other Square Enix characters I'd like over him. If he really is the next character, I'll just wait and see if at least his moveset makes me interested.

Doomguy
Not a big fan, but I see how he could be interesting. If his moveset is cool, I think I might buy him.

Ryu Hayabusa
Not too familiar with Ninja Gaiden, so I'm not exactly interested. I don't know what kind of moveset he'd have or how he'd play. Because of that, I'm not sure what to think of him.

Steve
I dislike anything related to Minecraft. I don't like the character, nor the game he comes from. If we get a Microsoft rep, I hope it's at least Banjo (even though I also don't care that much for Banjo, but he's still more likable than Steve).

tl;dr, I think Joker will be cool, I'd buy Doomguy if he's fun, I'm neutral to Erdrick but I'd like other SE characters better, I'm not too familiar with Ryu and that makes me neutral towards him, and I dislike Minecraft as a whole.

D

Deleted member

someone already took the fact they are starting the metroid game over as Nintendo not liking making metroid games

really
There are some Metroid fans that think Nintendo hates them and does everything in their power to make them miserable just because.

I'm just happy that 90% of the fanbase is choosing to be mature and understanding, rather than a repeat of the embarrassment that was the their reaction to Federation Force. Didn't really feel great to call yourself a Metroid fan back then when the worst parts of the fandom were out in full force spewing unwarranted hate and venom at a game that didn't deserve it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

You do not know what happened two days ago.
Maybe. I'd only expect a major update on Piranha Plant. But a quick look at Joker's gameplay might be neat.

It would be difficult to make him unique for Strikers I think. Especially when Boo is a player you can have on your team.

On a side note have King Boo and Boo ever been playable in the same game?
That's true too. I'm sure they could have him a unique trait or two. Like stunning them by putting them in a painting or something.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
So I just saw the news about Prime 4. Thank God! Not only did we get some kind of update about the game, we know why we hadn't been getting into. I'm just glad they really care about quality enough to do this stuff.

D

Deleted member

Saw the new about Prime, at least it's only being delayed. Based on the way Takahashi was speaking and the fact that it was delivered via video, I was certain that it was being canned.

D

Deleted member

I very well assume next direct will showcase Joker and announce the next DLC character.

However, I also doubt that the direct will necessarily align with the Smash Bros update.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'm glad to see Prime 4 be delayed for this reason, since it's clear if not for the delay we'd be getting something subpar. And hey, if there's anybody you can trust with a Prime game, it's Retro.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There are some Metroid fans that think Nintendo hates them and does everything in their power to make them miserable just because.

I'm just happy that 90% of the fanbase is choosing to be mature and understanding, rather than a repeat of the embarrassment that was the their reaction to Federation Force. Didn't really feel great to call yourself a Metroid fan back then when the worst parts of the fandom were out in full force spewing unwarranted hate and venom at a game that didn't deserve it.
I mean there is someone that doesnt like Metroid and thats Japan but nintendo doesnt hate metroid pff

D

Deleted member

So I just saw the news about Prime 4. Thank God! Not only did we get some kind of update about the game, we know why we hadn't been getting into. I'm just glad they really care about quality enough to do this stuff.
I'm super bummed about the fact it's Kingdom Hearts III all over again in that they're starting from 0 and are most likely 3-to-4 years away from any kind of release info, but on the bright side, it shows that they care about this game and how us Metroid fans will react to it. They're treating this game with the weight it deserves, and that only means good things.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Eh, people want their **** now. That's all there is to it. Can't say I agree. Last thing Metroid needs is for it's next console game to be another Disappointing Other M situation.

And it's not a full-on MM Legends 3 situation where the project just gets dropped altogether either. But I'm remaining a bit more hopeful than before strictly because Retro, the dudes who MADE Metroid Prime what it is, are back at it again, even if some employees did move to other companies, seeing how DKCR and DKCTF turned out, it should be fine.
Wait, what? What did I miss?

I've been neck deep in RE2make since 9:01 last night. The outside world is unknown to me.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I've been neck deep in RE2make since 9:01 last night. The outside world is unknown to me.
Metroid Prime 4 is being redone from scratch. Nintendo wasn't happy with how the game was turning out.

But they did confirm that Retro Studios are the ones making it now.

The game won't release for a few years.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Current Prime 4 development is being scrapped and restarted with Retro assisting with development.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

Metroid Prime 4 is getting delayed because the team rebooted it. Retro Studios, the developers of the first Metroid Prime games are responsible for it now, so at least the game is in good hands. Sucks to have to wait more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom