• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

As soon as Piranha Plant releases, I'll be going online with the tag Weed Killer as a Villager and start hunting Piranha Plants.

That'll be fun.
As a future Piranha Plant player...

DvSk1DyX0AACPmG.jpg

Plant Gang's comin', and y'all ain't gonna be ready for it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
For anyone that is interested in watching HyperCharge's Roster Rant video, don't.

I was hoping for solid arguments from one who'd seem capable of speaking the devil's advocate, but all I got was contradictory angry non-sense that only focuses on one line of logic while ignoring other aspects that gives newcomers a decent chance.

If anyone here is still interested in speculating, don't watch HyperCharge's video, it'll rot your brain with the logic he pulls out of his ass.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So what if Leaf/Green :ultpokemontrainerf: became a knock momma in gen8 that's set like what 5 years after Sun/Moon?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For anyone that is interested in watching HyperCharge's Roster Rant video, don't.

I was hoping for solid arguments from one who'd seem capable of speaking the devil's advocate, but all I got was contradictory angry non-sense that only focuses on one line of logic while ignoring other aspects that gives newcomers a decent chance.

If anyone here is still interested in speculating, don't watch HyperCharge's video, it'll rot your brain with the logic he pulls out of his ***.
Who is that, and might I ask what they said about Inklings? Always interested to hear what others think about 'em.

D

Deleted member

How can i be mad when i just got the news that Retro Studios is still alive and working on games?
That’s something that i was hoping to hear for a long time.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So the delay of Prime 4 got me thinking about the current state of Nintendo's other series and whether we could expect releases from them this year. We didn't know about Ultimate until the year it came out, so Nintendo could be saving a big surprise or two - though unlike Ultimate, which was clearly last year's big game for the Switch, we already have Animal Crossing and Pokemon coming out this year, both of which are big names in their own right.

:ultmario: We're getting Luigi's Mansion this year and may be getting one or two spinoff titles like we got Aces and Mario Party last year. We can only hope that this might include a (good) Paper Mario game, but this remains a pipe dream (pun intended). Then there's the DLC for Odyssey which never materialised. Maybe they're saving their ideas for a sequel - but we won't be getting another 3D Mario title for a while. Also expecting a Wii U game or two to get ported.

:ultdk: Perhaps Retro was working on another DKC game, but we won't know. Regardless, we're unlikely to get anything this year given that TF was ported only last year.

:ultlink: It's been almost two years since BOTW was released, so they must've been doing something in the meantime. I really hope they reuse BOTW's engine for the next 3D title as this would mean bringing back something great while cutting down on development time (a MM-style sequel to BOTW would be a-okay). Maybe we'll get a 2D or 3DS game announced, but the rumours about a Link's Awakening remake remain as rumours.
:ultsamus: Prime 4's being started again. Maybe they'll release a Prime Trilogy collection to tide fans over?
:ultyoshi: Crafted World is coming out soon so nothing to worry about here
:ultpikachu: Gen 8 is supposed to be coming out this year and I can't see it getting significantly delayed
:ultmarth: I dunno what's going on with Three Houses but it should still be coming out this year
:ultvillager: Animal Crossing coming out this year as one of the big releases; again, can't see it being delayed
:ultolimar: Pikmin 4 remains MIA. At the very least they might do a 1-3 collection for the Switch this year.
:ultfox: It remains to be seen whether that Star Fox racing game is alive, well and real
:ultkirby: I don't follow Kirby but the series seems to get a pretty frequent stream of releases
:ultwario: We won't be getting a Ware game this year and Land ... probably isn't happening sadly
:ultbayonetta1: Again, not sure what's going on here, but it could release in 2019
:ultinkling: Splatoon 2 will continue to get splatfests for the first part of the year, but that'll be it. I can't see them doing a straight up sequel anytime soon. Given the game's popularity, do spin-offs await?
:ultness: The series is done. Though a Mother Trilogy collection will always be a feature of fake leaks
:ultfalcon: Press F to pay respects

EDIT: Forgot to mention Xenoblade but I doubt that's getting anything this year. There's also wildcards like Punch Out and Kid Icarus which probably won't get anything but could get something completely out the blue

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So the delay of Prime 4 got me thinking about the current state of Nintendo's other series and whether we could expect releases from them this year. We didn't know about Ultimate until the year it came out, so Nintendo could be saving a big surprise or two - though unlike Ultimate, which was clearly last year's big game for the Switch, we already have Animal Crossing and Pokemon coming out this year, both of which are big names in their own right.

:ultmario: We're getting Luigi's Mansion this year and may be getting one or two spinoff titles like we got Aces and Mario Party last year. We can only hope that this might include a (good) Paper Mario game, but this remains a pipe dream (pun intended). Then there's the DLC for Odyssey which never materialised. Maybe they're saving their ideas for a sequel - but we won't be getting another 3D Mario title for a while. Also expecting a Wii U game or two to get ported.

:ultdk: Perhaps Retro was working on another DKC game, but we won't know. Regardless, we're unlikely to get anything this year given that TF was ported only last year.

:ultlink: It's been almost two years since BOTW was released, so they must've been doing something in the meantime. I really hope they reuse BOTW's engine for the next 3D title as this would mean bringing back something great while cutting down on development time (a MM-style sequel to BOTW would be a-okay). Maybe we'll get a 2D or 3DS game announced, but the rumours about a Link's Awakening remake remain as rumours.
:ultsamus: Prime 4's being started again. Maybe they'll release a Prime Trilogy collection to tide fans over?
:ultpikachu: Gen 8 is supposed to be coming out this year and I can't see it getting significantly delayed
:ultmarth: I dunno what's going on with Three Houses but it should still be coming out this year
:ultvillager: Animal Crossing coming out this year as one of the big releases; again, can't see it being delayed
:ultolimar: Pikmin 4 remains MIA. At the very least they might do a 1-3 collection for the Switch this year.
:ultfox: It remains to be seen whether that Star Fox racing game is alive, well and real
:ultkirby: I don't follow Kirby but the series seems to get a pretty frequent stream of releases
:ultwario: We won't be getting a Ware game this year and Land ... probably isn't happening sadly
:ultbayonetta1: Again, not sure what's going on here, but it could release in 2019
:ultinkling: Splatoon 2 will continue to get splatfests for the first part of the year, but that'll be it. I can't see them doing a straight up sequel anytime soon. Given the game's popularity, do spin-offs await?
:ultness: The series is done. Though a Mother Trilogy collection will always be a feature of fake leaks
Inb4 F-Zero gets a surprise GX HD remaster announced this E3

haha...I wish...

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Tbh I really do at least expect a Mother 3 rerelease this year. Honestly tho a real F-Zero game for the Switch sometime in a year or two wouldn’t be a big shocker to me.

Also MARIO SLUGGERS 3 BAYBEE

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have little online presence outside of ocassional forum hopping while waiting for games, so the 'Press F to...' passed over me. What's with that again? I've seen it alot and never bothered to pay attention (assumed it part of PC gaming culture, but I never play on PC; I prefer a controller).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I have little online presence outside of ocassional forum hopping while waiting for games, so the 'Press F to...' passed over me. What's with that again? I've seen it alot and never bothered to pay attention (assumed it part of PC gaming culture, but I never play on PC; I prefer a controller).
Press F to pay respects.

D

Deleted member

:ultmario:: I could legit see a 3D World port getting announced for holiday. It would make a lot of sense. Mario Maker 2/Deluxe is also a really strong possibility IMO.
:ultmarth:: Three Houses Will probably be a late May or early June release, which still fits the Spring window.
:ultpikachu:: Gen 8 will probably get the marketing hype rolling any day now. Almost assuredly going to release in November.
:ultolimar:: Probably a title for next year if it's in any kind of solid development cycle right now.
:ultvillager:: Probably a late summer/early fall release so as to not contend with Pokemon.
:ultkirby:: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn is coming to 3DS. Outside of that, maybe a spin-off or download E-Shop title on Switch. Nothing too fancy.
:ultlink:: Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD are most likely gonna get Switch ports. Skyward Sword HD is a strong possibility.
:ultinkling:: Splatoon 3 is probably not coming for a couple of years. It'll come, but the earliest I'd expect to hear about it is 2021. Spin-offs are almost assuredly coming, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one this year.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
As soon as I step into Online, all Plant players better pray that I don't find them...

Make sure to go watch the movie where I'll be taking down the Plant Gang, one by one.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh look at this
Dig , like in Minecraft?

View attachment 188384
don’t start thinking stuff is gonna happen soon
I wanted to draw Ridley reading a bedtime story to Samus, so I did.

View attachment 188388
Samus just wanted some sleep
How many of you would be absolutely satisfied with just 1 season of Smash DLC? To allow a more secure opinion on the matter let's say that leaked DLC roster is real which means we're getting:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Doom Slayer
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Steve
Are you satisfied with that or do you think we should get a second season?
Only Joker would satisfy me (and that’s only because of the music and Sega...I cant say much else since I never played any Persona game). idc for any Doom content (Mortal Kombat would be better for me), DQ stuff don’t matter to me (outside of the Toriyama artwork), Ryu the Street Fighter > Ryu Hayabusa, and the only thing good about Steve is that Etika loves Minecraft
As a future Piranha Plant player...
Plant Gang's comin', and y'all ain't gonna be ready for it.
Piranha Plant Gang will always be unstoppable
F21ED079-27E8-4180-A3BC-CED47F590EEB.gif

Villager is Thanos, Plant Gang is the Avengers. They may get close, but I'll still win in the end. :evil:
F21ED079-27E8-4180-A3BC-CED47F590EEB.gif

Thanos is gonna lose this year though...so in the actual end of this adventure you lose

EDIT: Forgot to mention Xenoblade but I doubt that's getting anything this year. There's also wildcards like Punch Out and Kid Icarus which probably won't get anything but could get something completely out the blue
I would literally kill for another Kid Icarus game, Uprising sequel or remake...even a remake of the og game would do

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Retro Studios has survived.
Now we need to save Level-5.
I'm still waiting on that Level-5 Vision they delayed, hopefully we don't have to wait until next October for that...
The Layton anime also has about 10 episodes left before it ends (or at least until the first season is over if there are more coming up) so hopefully there will be an announcement of some sort within the next few month's or so... At least, as far as the Layton series is concerned...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh yes I can’t believe I forgot one franchise: behold my bold ass prediction

:ultshulk: - Xenoblade Chronicles X Ultimate port announced sometime this year alongside an Elma for Smash announcement

D

Deleted member

How many of you would be absolutely satisfied with just 1 season of Smash DLC? To allow a more secure opinion on the matter let's say that leaked DLC roster is real which means we're getting:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Doom Slayer
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Steve
Joker is cool
Erdrick depends a lot on how their moveset is tbh, I know they can be fun but I wanna see it first
Doomguy is a trans icon and I support him, wanna beat up terfs online
Ryu is cool too and he could be the first ninja I know how to use
STEVE IS GREAT

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Joker is cool
Erdrick depends a lot on how their moveset is tbh, I know they can be fun but I wanna see it first
Doomguy is a trans icon and I support him, wanna beat up terfs online
Ryu is cool too and he could be the first ninja I know how to use
STEVE IS GREAT
If this is true:
:ultgreninja: cries. Another ninja better than him. I guess his standing among ninjas ... was nerfed.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Doom Slayer
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Steve
I'm very cool with all of these tbh

But I wouldn't argue with a season 2 even if I was completely satisfied with the first one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How odd

Somehow :ultsonic: mysteriously became one of my mains even tho I don’t use him a lot

How’s that?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Doom Slayer
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Steve
seeing how id only like two of those people, id hope there was a 2nd

D

Deleted member

• Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Doom Slayer
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Steve
Joker: YEA BOI LET'S GO
Erdrick: It ain't Crono, but it'll do.
Doom Slayer: No thanks.
Ryu Hayabusa: Ehhhh nah.
Steve: DLC saved. Smash is now the perfect game.

D

Deleted member

You are doing it wrong.
We are supposed to parody LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, not Infinity war.

:ultpiranha: is probably dissapointed.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Doom Slayer
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Steve
Joker: YES!
Erdrick: Meh.
Doom Slayer: OK.
Ryu Hayabusa: Meh.
Steve: NO!

I would be.. somewhat OK if this was really it. Wouldn't be happy about it though.
If it was up to me, I'd want a second season.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Doom Slayer
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Steve
Indifferent on Erdrick and Ryu, but Joker was a ****ing fantastic pick for me and both Doom Slayer and Steve deserve to be in for their legacy alone.

D

Deleted member

That's because I'm not one of you. I'm the enemy.
Then you are on Geno’s side.
In other words: you want to get the good ending of the movie where Piranha Plant loses.

But you better know something: most people prefer the ending of the movie where Piranha Plant wins.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Doom Slayer
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Steve
Yeah no, I’d be extremely underwhelmed as I’m meh on four of them and disappointed/annoyed in one.

Of course if this could be our Kencineplant of the Fighter’s Pass then I’ll prepare for the salt, mine included.

Second season please.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Then you are on Geno’s side.
In other words: you want to get the good ending of the movie where Piranha Plant loses.

But you better know something: most people prefer the ending of the movie where Piranha Plant wins.
The ending where Plant wins is overrated anyways.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If any Mario Sports Game comes back I hope it's the Strikers series. I miss the attitude era. Think of the new captains they could have. Funky Kong, Rosalina maybe even Cranky or Pauline ect. You're lying if you wouldn't be hype to see Cranky pop off on some youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom