• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ehhhh I don't know, part of the appeal of DMC is the characters doing dumb ****, DmC's idea of this is just being vulgar. Not that the main series isn't vulgar, Nero even says the F word a bunch in 5 but no stupidly awesome banter but instead just about every moment is "Hey **** you". Also you wouldn't get why people adore Vergil
Of course they would.

Who wouldn't love anonymous hackerman who drives a car with his initials enblazoned in the grill and aborts/murders women with sniper rifles.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright, I'm leaving. Not a fan of the top leaves for the loser. Don't wanna take turns beating up a guy.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't think he meant to do that. He just got the rules mixed up.
Rules were messed up…
I can’t actually set up a new one, either, plans went wrong. Fun matches though, I’m really sorry about that.
Yeah I know, common mistake.
You could just make a new arena or I could make one if you'd prefer.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch that Dante gets announced as the next DLC character next month and his deconfirm was a mean to throw us all off. :p

D

Deleted member

Yeah I know, common mistake.
You could just make a new arena or I could make one if you'd prefer.
Ye, I can’t make another due to some crap, but if you’d make a new one and carry on my legacy, I’m sure the others’d appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ehhhh I don't know, part of the appeal of DMC is the characters doing dumb ****, DmC's idea of this is just being vulgar. Not that the main series isn't vulgar, Nero even says the F word a bunch in 5 but no stupidly awesome banter but instead just about every moment is "Hey **** you". Also you wouldn't get why people adore Vergil
I mean the only other really good place to start is, well, DMC5. It's got game modes that'll help you through and it's definitely not the hardest in the series. Unless you want to play DMC2 and just Bang Bang everything. But, yeah, I get your point. DmC is a far cry from the tone of the original series but I think it has some really good moments that are overlooked because it's not TRUE DMC. And that's a shame. Because at its core it's still a fun game to play. Story? Not as much.

I think the hate for DmC is kind of Misplaced. Like, yeah, the game isn't especially good, it has a lot of problems, but the end result of the complaints really boil down to the change of Dante's character, and Vergil's for that matter. And yeah, they're not great, but the gameplay and atmosphere of Limbo in the game are really solid.

Edit: I just feel like the game is incredibly underrated because of the lackluster story. Wish it would have been marketed as a spinoff rather then a reboot, maybe not making Dante Dante but another character altogether. Maybe then people wouldn't hate it as much...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hold up, everyone.

Octopath Traveler sequel?

EDIT: ************ IT'S MOBILE ONLY. SQUARE, I GAVE YOU $136.96 FOR ALL THOSE FINAL FANTASY GAMES. WHY CAN'T YOU BE SMART.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My advice is start DMC 1.

DMC 3, if you can't handle the jankiness.

Avoid DMC2 altogether. It's not important.

Play DMC4 after 3 and play DMC5 after 4.

I don't recommend starting with DmC because it's entirely different in story, tone, characters, gameplay mechanics, and presentation and playing that first will probably give you a wrong impression of the series, but I wouldn't call it a bad game. Just different. Had it not been tied to the DMC legacy, it's probably the only contender for the best Western made character action game.

Oh, and play the definitive/HD rereleases of the games if you can. They add cool stuff like more playable characters (cough Vergil cough)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean the only other really good place to start is, well, DMC5. It's got game modes that'll help you through and it's definitely not the hardest in the series. Unless you want to play DMC2 and just Bang Bang everything. But, yeah, I get your point. DmC is a far cry from the tone of the original series but I think it has some really good moments that are overlooked because it's not TRUE DMC. And that's a shame. Because at its core it's still a fun game to play. Story? Not as much.

I think the hate for DmC is kind of Misplaced. Like, yeah, the game isn't especially good, it has a lot of problems, but the end result of the complaints really boil down to the change of Dante's character. And yeah, it's not great, but the gameplay and atmosphere of Limbo in the game are really solid.
Oh no Dante DOES improve over the course of the game but he's far from the clown we all love, the biggest issue imo in terms of characters is again, Vergil. A power hungry honourable samurai who would occasionally join in the banter turned into a sadistic asshole who's written in the dumbest way possible at the end. Devil May Cry is stupid in a good way, DmC's twist of Vergil actually being evil is just bad. Also, in terms of gameplay I hear that the Definitive Edition fixes this but Devil Trigger is changed to the point you only really have air combos to do as everyone gets knocked upwards and time slows down. What made Devil Trigger so much fun is the fact you could rush in and do literally whatever the hell you want and get good results.

Oh and it doesn't matter for the game at the end but Ninja Theory's attitude certainly didn't help, constantly insulting people who weren't happy with what they saw and they even went "THE DANTE YOU LIKE IS GAY" which uhhh hmm.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think the hate for DmC is kind of Misplaced. Like, yeah, the game isn't especially good, it has a lot of problems, but the end result of the complaints really boil down to the change of Dante's character, and Vergil's for that matter. And yeah, they're not great, but the gameplay and atmosphere of Limbo in the game are really solid.
**** THAT IMPERSONATOR! **** HIM! HE WAS NOT DANTE! NEVER WILL BE! HE WAS NOTHING BUT AN POTHEAD IMPERSONATOR WHO SMOKED AND WAS ADDICTED TO CRACK AND WEED!!!!

His real name was Donte aka DINO (Dante In Name Only) and last I heard someone had already taken care of him.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh no Dante DOES improve over the course of the game but he's far from the clown we all love, the biggest issue imo in terms of characters is again, Vergil. A power hungry honourable samurai who would occasionally join in the banter turned into a sadistic ******* who's written in the dumbest way possible at the end. Devil May Cry is stupid in a good way, DmC's twist of Vergil actually being evil is just bad. Also, in terms of gameplay I hear that the Definitive Edition fixes this but Devil Trigger is changed to the point you only really have air combos to do as everyone gets knocked upwards and time slows down. What made Devil Trigger so much fun is the fact you could rush in and do literally whatever the hell you want and get good results.

Oh and it doesn't matter for the game at the end but Ninja Theory's attitude certainly didn't help, constantly insulting people who weren't happy with what they saw and they even went "THE DANTE YOU LIKE IS GAY" which uhhh hmm.
God, I know. ****ing Ninja Theory's attitude towards old Dante was ****ing terrible. My biggest gripes with the game as a whole is how it treated the DMC fandom. Oddly enough at the beginning of development Capcom was the one telling Ninja Theory to go more different with Dante. They rejected multiple designs that had Dante look "too similar" to his classic self. They only came around when they saw the backlash to Smoker Dante in the first trailer and told Ninja Theory to shift their focus to him being less "Emo". Then the thing shifted sides entirely. Ninja Theory LOVING their version and Capcom wanting them to go more old Dante. And that's when we got, ahem, "questionable" remarks from the developers.

Shame really.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Now the first golden rule you should learn about DMC and probably the one reason I wouldn't recommend DmC to newcomers.

there aint no dodge roll button in the other games.

There's a jump that when locked on turns into a dodge if you hit jump and a direction at the same time, but DmC gives you a more typical dodge out of the way system.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
**** THAT IMPERSONATOR! **** HIM! HE WAS NOT DANTE! NEVER WILL BE! HE WAS NOTHING BUT AN POTHEAD IMPERSONATOR WHO SMOKED AND WAS ADDICTED TO CRACK AND WEED!!!!

His real name was Donte aka DINO (Dante In Name Only) and last I heard someone had already taken care of him.

Did y'all know DmC did so bad, Capcom sold the model for Donte to a Spanish dental clinic?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, by the way, I think 5 might finally be the best introduction game for DMC. 3's beginning is pretty ****ing rough due to lack of moves, Dante's rather low amount of health at the start and no Devil Trigger until you beat Vergil once. 4's cool but Dante breaks the game as he was rushed meaning all the enemies are designed to give Nero a challenge, and Dante, who is significantly more versatile, just waltzes around the entire game. 5 is a tad easier than the standard, gives Nero more versatility and generally has some more beginner friendly mechanics like an autocombo button and the ability to spend Red Orbs, which are plentiful, to revive if you die instead of strice the significantly rarer Gold Orbs. Also there's a practice mode so you can freely try to practice any character without even using up Devil Breakers (though they're easy to get so feel free to destroy/overcharge them at times)

EDIT: Oh, and the Style system was very flawed in 3 as you could only have one at a time

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'll join CAH. Finished cleaning the house.
Right when we were thinking of shutting up shop.

So you're just in time.

@ryumo staindgrey staindgrey Wademan94 Wademan94

I'll start the final game (that I'll take part in) in 11 minutes (so, 10 minutes past whatever time it is in your timezone).

Whoever wants to join should do so in that time.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Dammit I cannot kill with Corrin.

Also I might play again. So far I haven't won in this arena so I'll probably have the time to spare lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Dammit I cannot kill with Corrin.
That's just Corrin in Ultimate. Dragon Pin is much risker, Counter Surge is potent but still nerfed, the paralyzing effect on Dragon Fang Shot is much weaker (which also means the bite part of the "Spitless Nom Nom" can't be fully charged), and D-tilt into Up Air no long confirms at higher percents.

Edit: Oh, and Corrin's kill throws are less effective to now. I'm not sure if that was a direct nerf or due to the higher ceilings though.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No, thank you, Cyndane.

I had an okay first game. A good second game. A terrible third game. And then won the fourth game.

Haa... Feels good.

...My jaw hurts from laughter.
*flashy bow*

You’re quite welcome. I look forward to playing more in the future. You guys are a riot to play with. That pee thing.....not an exaggeration. Lol.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh, by the way, I think 5 might finally be the best introduction game for DMC. 3's beginning is pretty ****ing rough due to lack of moves, Dante's rather low amount of health at the start and no Devil Trigger until you beat Vergil once. 4's cool but Dante breaks the game as he was rushed meaning all the enemies are designed to give Nero a challenge, and Dante, who is significantly more versatile, just waltzes around the entire game. 5 is a tad easier than the standard, gives Nero more versatility and generally has some more beginner friendly mechanics like an autocombo button and the ability to spend Red Orbs, which are plentiful, to revive if you die instead of strice the significantly rarer Gold Orbs. Also there's a practice mode so you can freely try to practice any character without even using up Devil Breakers (though they're easy to get so feel free to destroy/overcharge them at times)

EDIT: Oh, and the Style system was very flawed in 3 as you could only have one at a time
Hey, that's what I just said.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, I kinda just had this thought. With Melee being out of EVO for another community, EA (at least conference-wise) and Sony dropping E3, I don't see how these could be taken as bad things.

Honest to god, with these recent news this past couple of weeks, I can't see how EVO and E3 could be bad at all. I have a strong feeling with these big cuts, it'll end up being a really good event in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom