• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Dammit Roy's too fun.

I'm stuck in a predicament where I like a character's function, but nothing about the actual character himself.
hmmmmmmmm

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
**** it. You know what? Devil May Cry 5 is my new favorite DMC. I can already tell. This game is just too damn fun to play, to experiment with, and to watch. Like, this game is just a ton of fun and I’ve barely scraped the surface. Sorry, DMC3, there’s a new best DMC. So now it goes DMC5 > DMC3 > DMC4 > DMC > DmC > DMC2.

Also, it’s kind of appropriate the game runs off the RE Engine given Devil May Cry’s origins. Being a cancelled and reworked Resident Evil 4 and all.
Y'know, I kinda just had this thought. With Melee being out of EVO for another community, EA (at least conference-wise) and Sony dropping E3, I don't see how these could be taken as bad things.

Honest to god, with these recent news this past couple of weeks, I can't see how EVO and E3 could be bad at all. I have a strong feeling with these big cuts, it'll end up being a really good event in the long run.
Honestly I think E3 is on its way out. A lot of companies are looking into their own way of doing things and Nintendo was the leader on that front. Nintendo Directs shook the gaming landscape more than people expected. It’s much better to have a day all to yourself that can hype people up for your games specifically than battling it out to catch the eye of consumers at the same time as EVERY other game company. Press Conferences are kind of archaic and I can see them going out faster by the year. Now the E3 show floor will probably always stick around. Probably.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also holy **** why is the writing so much stronger in DMCV? Hell, Dante himself is fleshed out a bit more too as 5 establishes he's socially awkward around regular people and is insecure of how society sees him. And that's at the beginning of the game!

D

Deleted member

Dammit Roy's too fun.

I'm stuck in a predicament where I like a character's function, but nothing about the actual character himself.
hmmmmmmmm
Would you have preferred Eliwood over Roy?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright, thank you PsySmasher PsySmasher and staindgrey staindgrey for the great games. **** was fun as hell and I hope I get to do that with you guys again soon.
staindgrey staindgrey Idon Idon @ShotoStar

All right guys, I'm turning in for the night. GGs to all of you.
Sorry for the times when I stopped moving. I was trying to play CAH in the middle of rounds and multitasking was WAY harder than I thought.

Won't do that again lol. GGs, thanks for letting me play with you for awhile.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sorry for the times when I stopped moving. I was trying to play CAH in the middle of rounds and multitasking was WAY harder than I thought.

Won't do that again lol. GGs, thanks for letting me play with you for awhile.
LOL, sorry for hitting you during that.
I thought you were trying to run out my monado so I went for it as soon as I could.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
LOL, sorry for hitting you during that.
I thought you were trying to run out my monado so I went for it as soon as I could.
Oh, no! No worries. I had no way of communicating that lol.

I should've dropped one or the other but I didn't want to. So I ended up doing poorly in both haha.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp I just cleared my most recent playthrough of Pokemon Black. Had a team of Zebstrika/Cofagrigus/Samurott/Krookodile/Scolipede/Reshiram by the end. I also had Sigilyth, Fraxure and Deerling in my team at certain points but eventually swapped them out.

Pro Tip: Don't catch an Axew if you're planning on doing a no-grinding playthrough. It was still a level 42 Fraxure by the time I beat the Elite Four and replaced it with Reshiram. Actually a lot of dragons in general aren't good if you don't plan on grinding them up. Should've gone with Druddigon...

Platinum is up next.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright, I need some serious feedback guys, so I'm gonna tag a lot of people (I apologize in advance):
staindgrey staindgrey Idon Idon @ShinyLegendary @ShotoStar Alternis Alternis Moydow Moydow 「Hinata」 @AnyoneElseWhoCanHelpMe
I've been considering picking up a lighter character or 2 on top of my heavy mains (:ultridley::ultbowser:) to help cover some of their weaknesses.
I have been considering :ultpalutena::ultwolf::ultzelda: in the past, but I'm not 100% confident in my ability to play them optimally.
And there's :ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultrosalina: who I've picked up more recently, but I'm still unsure about them.

What do you guys think of some (or all) of the 6 characters I've mentioned here? And if you have played (or seen) me use one of these characters, what do think of my abilities w/ the character so far?

Thanks in advance guys. I really appreciate the feedback I may (or may not) get w/ this.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Alright, I need some serious feedback guys, so I'm gonna tag a lot of people (I apologize in advance):
staindgrey staindgrey Idon Idon @ShinyLegendary @ShotoStar Alternis Alternis Moydow Moydow 「Hinata」 @AnyoneElseWhoCanHelpMe
I've been considering picking up a lighter character or 2 on top of my heavy mains (:ultridley::ultbowser:) to help cover some of their weaknesses.
I have been considering :ultpalutena::ultwolf::ultzelda: in the past, but I'm not 100% confident in my ability to play them optimally.
And there's :ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultrosalina: who I've picked up more recently, but I'm still unsure about them.

What do you guys think of some (or all) of the 6 characters I've mentioned here? And if you have played (or seen) me use one of these characters, what do think of my abilities w/ the character so far?

Thanks in advance guys. I really appreciate the feedback I may (or may not) get w/ this.
:ultwolf:and :ultpalutena:: They're really good and intuïtive characters. The internet is full of guides to learn to play them. Wolf is a bit tricky because the optimal wolf doesn't like going off-stage so you may need to get used to that playstyle.

:ultmewtwo:and :ultzelda:: Mewtwo is really good and Zelda is slightly below average, but Both need you to learn their playstyle. Mewtwo is really light for his size, which might be good for you since you play Ridley, who has the same issue. His spacing with aerials is similar to Ridley, only his second jump has weird momentum you'd have to practice. His Fair works like Ridley's Bair and vice versa, his UpAir works like Ridley's Nair and his Nair is a combo breaker. (Also you need to condition yourself to reflect instead of shield/jump with projectiles).
Zelda is difficult, but her playstyle gets a lot more opressive once you get the SideB and DownB spacing down.

:ultpichu: and :ultrosalina:: I can't play these characters for ****.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Wolf is easy to play, and he also is great at winning projectile wars, which is something Riddley and Bowser struggle against. I think he shares a common weakness with your mains in Fox though, who can zonebreak Wolf and use his amazing ground game to bully Riddles/Bowser in disadvantage. Fox is still not an quite unwinnable match up for any of them though, and I think having a counterpick who can deal with projectile spam is much more important for superheavies then one who can deal with rushdown.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Sorry but I'm about passed out. Dunno about what works for you, but your Pichu definitely had me sweating! I recommend doing some personal analysis and seeing what YOU personally prefer to do in terms of spacing or punishing or zoning or reads and finding what character matches that more.

D

Deleted member

Might I say that your Palutena and Zelda have been utter nightmares for me in the past…
About the characters, keep up your Palutena. I’d add more, but can’t right now, so I’ll give some suggestions in a couple of minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Today Spain celebrates Women’s Day, and I have many reasons to celebrate it. Through my life, and besides my friends, I found myself getting defended or supported mostly by many women in my social life... To the point where I dare to say that I owe many of them almost most of my life. Because of this, I really want to support any kind of thing that benefits them, since I really feel like they deserve a lot of great things after the stuff many of them have done just to make me happy.

And today, I want to write about my favourite female characters in not just gaming, but the fictional media as a whole, and why I like them.

These are my favourite ones:

D548B85A-3EEB-43C5-884D-06886000F9BF.png

Created by Naughty Dog as a response to the people who disliked Tawna in the first Crash Bandicoot, Coco is easily my favourite character in the series. Ever since her debut in Cortex Strikes Back, each game has developed her even more as time passes. She has a great design, a good personality and a huge charm.

If I have to be honest, she would be my most wanted character for Smash if it wasn’t for the fact that Crash is sadly the only likely rep for his series. I just love to play as her in the spin offs and N.Sane Trilogy, because she feels and acts cooler than Crash for me in the latter.

Needless to say, I hope that she gets to be playable again in the next game after Nitro Fueled.

FC115054-8538-4213-8C05-7336A766485E.jpeg

Susan Storm is, alongside the Thing, my favourite member of the Fantastic Four and someone who I find underrated.

Her powers, when analyzed in depth, could even surpass the ones of Mr.Fantastic or the Thing: when Doctor Doom took control of Silver Surfer’s surfboard and became the most powerful being on Earth for a time, she was the only one who could take the Latverian monarch down while flying by using her force fields (consider that in that moment, Victor von Doom was able to move on the air faster than Superman or even Flash, which already says a lot about the strength of the force field if it stopped Doom that easily), she can also kill anyone who breaths by blocking the air from going inside them with ease and even protect full buildings from any kind of menace on her own.

She also saved the rest of the team on her own in many occassions and shown kindness and support to missunderstood species who the humans tried to destroy for their looks.

I am glad to see that the new Fantastic Four run is building upon the stuff that made her evolve through the ages, while also seeing her shine in many moments. I really hope that the MCU does it too in the future.

86ED68BF-CFFC-4255-907D-BF275285E43E.jpeg

You know that Toho did a great job with Mothra when she is one of the kaijus who comes to people’s mind a lot alongside King Kong, Godzilla or Gamerah.

In many movies she has been on the side of Godzilla, and many times her support was some of the ones who helped the most. In many Godzilla games she is also a good character thanks to her flying abilities and the use of the larva forms.

Iconic, cool and fun to watch or play as in movies or games, I am excited to see if King Of The Monsters does her justice in a few months; which at the moment seems to thankfully be the case.

What can I say about Samus Aran that hasn’t been said? She is an icon of Nintendo, known from her great and fun games like Super Metroid or the Prime Trilogy. Playing as her feels cool and fantastic in most of the titles in the series, and her backstory from the manga makes many people like myself root for her even more.

While Smash 4 didn’t represent her in the best way possible, Smash Ultimate thankfully fixed that and made her the strong and cool bounty hunter who many love at last by fixing her gameplay and the design of the Zero Suit form.

It is hard to dislike a character like her, and I am excited to play another of her adventures in Prime 4.

Dixie Kong is a character who many DK fans love to death, and with many good reasons.

Since her debut in DKC2 she has been portrayed as an enjoyable character not only for her personality and design, but also because she tends to be one of the best characters to play as in almost every game she is selectable. Her good movement in the air alongside the ability to pick stuff with her hair helps any kind of players a lot because it makes the game’s levels more enjoyable and easy to move through (good for speedruns or time challenges most of the time).

Having her own game too, it isn’t hard to imagine why she is so beloved and Nintendo keeps using her more than other characters from the Rare games. And I find all the love she gets completely deserved.

Hopefully, we see her playable in many games to come for Switch in the future alongside DK and Diddy.

D

Deleted member

Today Spain celebrates Women’s Day, and I have many reasons to celebrate it. Through my life, and besides my friend, I found myself getting defended or supported mostly by many women in my social life... To the point where I dare to say that I owe many of the almost most of my life. Because of this, I really want to support any kind of thing that benefits them, since I really feel like they deserve a lot of great things after the stuff many of them have done just to make me happy.

And today, I want to write about my favourite female characters in not just gaming, but the fictional media as a whole, and why I like them.

These are my favourite ones:

View attachment 196967
Created by Naughty Dog as a response to the people who disliked Tawna in the first Crash Bandicoot, Coco is easily my favourite character in the series. Ever since her debut in Cortex Strikes Back, each game has developed her even more as time passes. She has a great design, a good personality and a huge charm.

If I have to be honest, she would be my most wanted character for Smash if it wasn’t for the fact that Crash is sadly the only likely rep for his series. I just love to play as her in the spin offs and N.Sane Trilogy, because she feels and acts cooler than Crash for me in latter.

Needless to say, I hope that she gets to be playable again in the next game after Nitro Fueled.

View attachment 196968
Susan Storm is, alongside the Thing, my favourite member of the Fantastic Four and someone who I find underrated.

Her powers, when analyzed in depth, could even surpass the ones of Mr.Fantastic or the Thing: when Doctor Doom took control of Silver Surfer’s surfboard and became the most powerful being on Earth for a time, she was the only one who could take the Latverian monarch down while flying by using her force fields (consider that in that moment, Victor von Doom was able to move on the air faser than Superman or even Flash, which already says a lot about the strength of the force field if it stopped Doom that easily), can also kill anyone who breaths by blocking the air from going inside them with ease and even protect full buildings from any kind of menace on her own.

She also saved the rest of the team on her own in many occassions and shown kindness and support to missunderstood species who the humans tried to destroy for their looks.

I am glad to see that the new Fantastic Four run is building upon the stuff that made her evolve through the ages, while also seeing her shine in many moments. I really hope that the MCU does it too in the future.

View attachment 196969
You know that Toho did a great job with Mothra when she is one of the kaijus who comes to people’s mind a lot alongside King Kong, Godzilla or Gamerah.

In many movies she has been on the side of Godzilla, and most of the time her support was some of the ones who helped the most. In many Godzilla games she is also a good character thanks to her flying abilities and the use of the larva forms.

Iconic, cool and fun to watch or play as in movies or games, I am excited to see if King Of The Monsters does her justice in a few months; which at the moment seems to thankfully be the case.

What can I say about Samus Aran that hasn’t been said? She is an icon of Nintendo, known from her great and fun games like Super Metroid or the Prime Trilogy. Playing as her feels cool and fantastic in most of the titles in the series, and her backstory from the manga makes many people like myself root for her even more.

While Smash 4 didn’t represent her in the best way possible, Smash Ultimate thankfully fixed that and made her the strong and cool bounty hunter who many love at last by fixing her gameplay and the design of the Zero Suit form.

It is hard to dislike a character like her, and I am excited to play another of her adventures in Prime 4.

Dixie Kong is a character who many DK fans love to death, and with many good reasons.

Since her debut in DKC2 she has been portrayed as an enjoyable character not only for her personality and design, but also because she tends to be one of the best characters to play as in almost every game she is selectable. Her good movement in the air alongside the ability to pick stuff with her hair helps any kind of players a lot because it makes the game’s levels more enjoyable and easy to move through (good for speedruns or time challenges most of the time).

Having her own game too, it isn’t hard to imagine why she is so beloved and Nintendo keeps using her more than other characters from the Rare games. And I find all the love she gets completely deserved.

Hopefully, we see her playable in many games to come for Switch in the future alongside DK and Diddy.
Hey man, this is really heartfelt and had a lot of thought put into it. I appreciate that. :)

D

Deleted member

Character crisis? Join the grahahaha gang

No but for real you should probably experiment in Pichu/Mewtwo/Zelda a bit more before you throw any out, though I will say your Wolf is sicknasty. He also fits your bait-and-punish playstyle pretty well, but he can be played rushdown/campy if you want as well

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I main Palutena in Smash 4, and I occasionally play my old mains in Ultimate, so I can tell ya that she is great in Ultimate.
As for characters I've seen you play, your Ridley is really good.

D

Deleted member

I recommend focusing on one character for now, then trying a secondary. If you are confident enough with your main already, then I sau experiment with the other choices. Practice with them, learn combos, etc.

D

Deleted member

Helloes. How is everyone?
3 hours or so left until I watch Captain Marvel. Can't wait to see the Skrulls!

And then I go to the Women's Day march which happens more than an hour after the movie ends for me (it lasts 2 hours and 5 minutes, and the march is at 19:00).

I am also having a good day at the moment.

D

Deleted member

And then I go to the Women's Day march which happens more than an hour after the movie ends for me (it lasts 2 hours and 5 minutes, and the march is at 19:00).
I've already seen it. You won't be disappointed. ;3

D

Deleted member

I am also having a good day at the moment.
I've already seen it. You won't be disappointed. ;3
Agh all my irl friends have also already seen it and I have to wait until 8 pm tomorrow lmao

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah, you missed the part where the thread just gave up and died.
Perfect...

Guess I’m waiting a few hours before resuming the Survivor Simulator I had goin last night.

Might create a recap post to those who left early.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah, I missed basically all of it...
Yeah I missed all of it.
I’ll create a massive recap post with the format being 7 spoilers (that’s how far I got before giving up). Each spoiler will be number marked so read em in order! The spoilers will contain all of my survivor related posts for that particular episode. (Yeah instead of days it’s episodes)

Next time we run Survivor, let’s not do it at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom