• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Serperior especially...
I accidentally hatched a shiny HA Snivy while IV breeding before. It had a timid nature but, if I remember correctly, came out with an atrociously bad speed IV.

...I lost it to some save data corruption, sadly. I actually had a lot of really bad luck when it comes to preserving save data over the years...so many shinies who bit the dust.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
IMG_20190307_102210.jpg
meaning Pakky Pakky wins!
But the more important leaderboard goes as follows:
IMG_20190307_102246.jpg

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
False alarm, everyone. False alarm. The game was just pairing me with really low GSP players. It eventually caught up.

Turns out I'm actually not that good with Corrin.
I feel like hitting that "wall" happens with every character.

D

Deleted member

I feel like hitting that "wall" happens with every character.
I've experienced that feeling, so I just looked up several guides and Taskmastered my way into the character. Snake is a good example for me. He still needs work, though.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
False alarm, everyone. False alarm. The game was just pairing me with really low GSP players. It eventually caught up.

Turns out I'm actually not that good with Corrin.
That happened to me the other day with Toon Link

Sort of glad it didn't work out, as I didn't want to abandon my existing mains

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay I must be going crazy.

I could have sworn I still had a shiny Milotic and Golduck, but I can't find them anywhere. Not even using the shiny filter in Pokemon Bank. Did I lose them in an accidental save data wipe? How did I forget about that?

Maybe my memory is just hazy and I lost them when I lost my Serperior. But I thought I lost my Serperior before Alpha Sapphire came out, and that's the game I caught my Milotic in.

Yet I still have a shiny Feebas? I must have somehow lost my Shiny Milotic then successfully chain fished for a new Feebas to replace it and somehow forgot that both those things happened. Also there's this shiny Magikarp that's also in my bank that I don't remember catching at all either.

I'm really confused right now.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That happened to me the other day with Toon Link

Sort of glad it didn't work out, as I didn't want to abandon my existing mains
I'm trying to find my main, and I started to feel like I was getting better with Corrin in our arena today.

And I know I am getting better, but the moment I get paired with someone who either A) I don't know the matchup for or B) is clearly better than I am, I get wiped. Obviously both of these things are fixable over time but I have doubts about Corrin being a suitable main now too.

Right now though I'd go so far as to say she might be my second best character. I can rack up damage. The problem is killing against a good player. Her kill moves require tippers and are easy as hell to read.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Okay I must be going crazy.

I could have sworn I still had a shiny Milotic and Golduck, but I can't find them anywhere. Not even using the shiny filter in Pokemon Bank. Did I lose them in an accidental save data wipe? How did I forget about that?

Maybe my memory is just hazy and I lost them when I lost my Serperior. But I thought I lost my Serperior before Alpha Sapphire came out, and that's the game I caught my Milotic in.

Yet I still have a shiny Feebas? I must have somehow lost my Shiny Milotic then successfully chain fished for a new Feebas to replace it and somehow forgot that both those things happened. Also there's this shiny Magikarp that's also in my bank that I don't remember catching at all either.

I'm really confused right now.
I had a similar thing with my HGSS Typhlosion. To this day, still no idea where he is.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m grumpy cause that new job I was excited for sent me the offer and it’s less money and hours that I wanted and I may have to just stay where I’m currently at, that makes me feel like crap.

Aw well at least I can be on SB while I’m there
Morning dudes

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I’m grumpy cause that new job I was excited for sent me the offer and it’s less money and hours that I wanted and I may have to just stay where I’m currently at, that makes me feel like crap.

Aw well at least I can be on SB while I’m there
Morning dudes
Hey, that's rough,
I could give the "do what makes you Happy" speech but having money is pretty important to... Survive and everything.
Hope you find something that works for you

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Stuff like this is why we need Pokébank for Switch.

Just to not lose our Pokémon that easily.
I'm sure there will be some kind of Pokebank functionality, as backwards compatibility has always been vital to the series (minus the leap from Gen 2 to 3)

Plus there's always a group of Pokemon I transfer to the latest generation, while also keeping a cohort behind so my past games aren't completely sparse

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I'm sure there will be some kind of Pokebank functionality, as backwards compatibility has always been vital to the series (minus the leap from Gen 2 to 3)

Plus there's always a group of Pokemon I transfer to the latest generation, while also keeping a cohort behind so my past games aren't completely sparse
I always like to completely empty my older games into the newer games so I can properly replay the old ones

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I always like to completely empty my older games into the newer games so I can properly replay the old ones
I very rarely replay Pokemon games as I can't bring myself to delete my save file due to the one file only restriction. True, Pokebank means that your Pokemon don't have to be deleted, but you can also lose a load of progress and achievements: it took me ages to "100%" Moon (which I count as getting all the passport stamps), so there's no way I'm deleting that file.

Hopefully, with the ability to switch between users on the Switch, Gen 8 might have a workaround for multiple save files.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I very rarely replay Pokemon games as I can't bring myself to delete my save file due to the one file only restriction. True, Pokebank means that your Pokemon don't have to be deleted, but you can also lose a load of progress and achievements: it took me ages to "100%" Moon (which I count as getting all the passport stamps), so there's no way I'm deleting that file.

Hopefully, with the ability to switch between users on the Switch, Gen 8 might have a workaround for multiple save files.
That's why I always have 2 games per generation

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I specifically remember using Blissey bases to grind my Milotic and Golduck up. Yet I have no shiny Milotic nor Golduck registered to my in-game Alpha Sapphire pokedex. I also had a (regular) Gallade I trained up at the same time that I used for weakening and catching pokemon with Thunder Wave and False Swipe, and that's missing to.

That means I must have lost my save data for that game at some point. And by the time that happened, not a single pokemon I had caught in AS had been put in the Pokemon Bank. I went in and checked - every Pokemon single Hoen pokemon in my Bank has the same Trainer ID, aside from ones I got through trades.

I'm scratching my head so hard trying to remember exactly what happened. I think there was a point in my life where I was a bit depressed in between 2015 and 2016, so maybe that has something to do with why my memory is so hazy.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Guys I'm confused.
I'm at a convention for Chemistry students and there's like... 50% girls. I'm so confused.

And they're normal as well, not like those stereotypical nerdy types!

(Meaning even in this world I don't stand a chance)

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow Spain celebrates Women's Day (and we will have a march/movement on the city for their rights) and Captain Marvel releases.

Thankfully, I was able to organize myself for tomorrow great: the march is at 19:00 and the session for Captain Marvel I am getting in is at 15:45.

The movie lasts 2 hours, so I would still have around 2:25 or so hours left before the march starts.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will have a good time.

Iridium

Smash Hero
And Ultimate is 3 months old now. It feels like it has already been out for a year, though.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow Spain celebrates Women's Day (and we will have a march/movement on the city for their rights) and Captain Marvel releases.

Thankfully, I was able to organize myself for tomorrow great: the march is at 19:00 and the session for Captain Marvel I am getting in is at 15:45.

The movie lasts 2 hours, so I would still have around 2:25 or so hours left before the march starts.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will have a good time.
Cool! Let me know if the film’s good, I’d like to see it, and enjoy Women’s Day too! Is that a world wide thing too, or…?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Finally, for a recap, here's The Summary

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! You can use this to see every lethal event from this game if you're having too much difficulty finding my other posts.

The Bloodbath
Hugh Neutron
decapitates Minerva with a sword.
Elma spears Aku in the abdomen.
Smashing Ramen throws a knife into Jonesy's chest.
Bill Nye accidently steps on a landmine.

Day 1
stainedingrey
falls into a pit and dies.
Spider-Ham bleeds out due to untreated injuries.
Just a penguin dies trying to escape the arena.
Pengu unknowingly eats toxic berries.
Chucklehead Tom ambushes Sans and kills him.

Night 1
NonSpecificGuy
, Elma, and faygoshill unsuccessfully ambush TheGentlePanda, Good Guy Giygas, and The Lamb Sauce, who kill them instead.

Day 2
King Dedede
decapitates Shantae with a sword.
Good Guy Giygas, ryumo, and boby get into a fight. Good Guy Giygas triumphantly kills them both.

Night 2
No deaths occurred.

Day 3
Zinith
strangles Hinata with a rope.
CiatheBae, Lanky Kong, and Jenny XJ-9 get into a fight. Lanky Kong triumphantly kills them both.
NateVO overpowers Chucklehead Tom, killing him.
ShotoStar attempts to climb a tree, but falls to his death.

Night 3
No deaths occurred.

Day 4
Smashing Ramen
bashes Hugh Neutron's head against a rock several times.
Geno accidently steps on a landmine.
ShinyLegendary bleeds out due to untreated injuries.

Night 4
Good Guy Giygas
sets an explosive off, killing NateVO, Cynthia, Noipoi and The Lamb Sauce.

The Feast
Zinith
cannot handle the circumstances and commits suicide.
Fawful falls into a frozen lake and drowns.

Day 5
No deaths occurred.

Night 5
Good Guy Giygas
falls into a frozen lake and drowns.

Day 6
TheGentlePanda
forces Gandhi's Flip Flop to kill Lanky Kong or Terracotta Soldier. He refuses to kill, so TheGentlePanda kills him instead.

Night 6
TheGentlePanda
catches Lanky Kong off guard and kills him.

Day 7
No deaths occurred.

Arena Event
Monkey mutts fill the arena.
Terracotta Soldier uses Smashing Ramen as a shield from the monkey mutts.

Night 7
Terracotta Soldier
and King Dedede work together to drown TheGentlePanda.

Day 8
Terracotta Soldier
kills King Dedede with his own weapon.
The winner is Terracotta Soldier from District 10!
These deaths are brutal. Especially Shantae's and Spider-Ham's.

D

Deleted member

Cool! Let me know if the film’s good, I’d like to see it, and enjoy Women’s Day too! Is that a world wide thing too, or…?
I may be wrong, but maybe it is celebrated on another day in other places of the world.

But again, I don't really know.

And I can guarantee that I'll talk about the Skrulls a lot. I will also make sure to mention you.

D

Deleted member

I may be wrong, but maybe it is celebrated on another day in other places of the world.

But again, I don't really know.

And I can guarantee that I'll talk about the Skrulls a lot. I will also make sure to mention you.
Thanks heaps, I appreciate it.
Have fun tomorrow. :)

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This game will absolutely flop as it comes out around the time MK11 will but **** me can we get a competitive scene for this?
I support your cause.
I love Power Rangers.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This game will absolutely flop as it comes out around the time MK11 will but **** me can we get a competitive scene for this?
Hey, this actually looks good, ngl. Too bad I never cared much for PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom