• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Which Overlord is the poll talking about? The movie from last year, or that one anime thing?

D

Deleted member

Which Overlord is the poll talking about? The movie from last year, or that one anime thing?
Curriously the only Overlord related thing I have interacted with is the game which is fun.

D

Deleted member

I'd wager about 50% of the criticism thrown in NSMBU's direction stemmed from the fact that it was a launch Mario title on a disappointing console. That exacerbates its very minor flaws-- those being the generic-ish art style, lack of online play and lack of true uniqueness.

But it's a good game on its own. In a vacuum separated from the expectations of a launch Mario title, it's a fun game with plenty of content if you like 2D Mario games.
Yeah, that sounds about right. It's a slightly flawed series for sure, but it's definitely not as horrible as some say. I wanna play through them and finish 'em all someday.

Speaking of NSMB, NSMB2's Coin Rush is pretty underrated; it's a really fun mode. I always had fun competing with my brother for times and score.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, that sounds about right. It's a slightly flawed series for sure, but it's definitely not as horrible as some say. I wanna play through them and finish 'em all someday.

Speaking of NSMB, NSMB2's Coin Rush is pretty underrated; it's a really fun mode. I always had fun competing with my brother for times and score.
You know what else is underrated in the NSMB series?
The DS game's Castle Theme.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Richter is a common name.
Not for me. Never met or heard anybody named/be called by the name of Richter...I know more people named “Big **** Johnson”, “Beaver Cleavage”, and “It” than Richter (that last name was due to his parents being literal ****)
The Richter Scale has nothing to do with Castlevania.

And everything to do with Earthquakes.
Woah Mama

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

All I ever think of when I see that game is "why not New Super WARIO Bros.?" They're the money-grubbing ones.

I actually got NSMB2 for free with some sort of Club Nintendo promotion. It's on my 3DS but I've yet to play it.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I'd wager about 50% of the criticism thrown in NSMBU's direction stemmed from the fact that it was a launch Mario title on a disappointing console. That exacerbates its very minor flaws-- those being the generic-ish art style, lack of online play and lack of true uniqueness.

But it's a good game on its own. In a vacuum separated from the expectations of a launch Mario title, it's a fun game with plenty of content if you like 2D Mario games.
Also the fact that it was the fourth "New" Super Mario. Bros game didn't help it. The ones on DS and Wii were fine, but by the third and fourth, the title wore out its literal novelty.

D

Deleted member

All I ever think of when I see that game is "why not New Super WARIO Bros.?" They're the money-grubbing ones.

I actually got NSMB2 for free with some sort of Club Nintendo promotion. It's on my 3DS but I've yet to play it.
I still need to finish it but I liked what I played. It's a great 2D Mario with really fun levels.

Also, heck yeah put Wario in these games. Still really salty they missed yet another opportunity with NSMBU Deluxe.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not for me. Never met or heard anybody named/be called by the name of Richter...I know more people named “Big **** Johnson”, “Beaver Cleavage”, and “It” than Richter (that last name was due to his parents being literal ****)

Woah Mama
I've never met anyone called Richter either.

My Parents did know someone who's Surname was "Death" though (he insisted it was pronounced "Dee-arth" or something)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The Virgin NSMBU vs The Chad DKC: TF

NSMBU
- Over saturated the 2D Mario series
- World aesthetics are generic and rehashed
- Name is too much of a complicated mouthful
- Switch port spawned Bowsette memes (ew)

DKC: TF
- Kept the DKC series alive
- World aesthetics are inspired and original
- Name is just the right amount of complicated
- Switch port spawned a Funky new meme

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Never met anyone named Richter and we pronounce the Richter Scale as "Ríshter"

D

Deleted member

Richter’s a pretty common German name. I hear it often. I know Juste is a French name, but I’ve never heard of anyone with that name.

Either way I doubt any of you have met someone named Alucard.

D

Deleted member

The Virgin NSMBU vs The Chad DKC: TF

NSMBU
- Over saturated the 2D Mario series
- World aesthetics are generic and rehashed
- Name is too much of a complicated mouthful
- Switch port spawned Bowsette memes (ew)

DKC: TF
- Kept the DKC series alive
- World aesthetics are inspired and original
- Name is just the right amount of complicated
- Switch port spawned a Funky new meme
DKC: TF sounds far better than NSMBU.
Too bad I never played it. I used to have a friend who I think had it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hm I kind of want to play a Pokemon game right now, but I'm not sure if I want to play Fire Red, Platinum, or Black version.

Maybe I should do a marathon.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hm I kind of want to play a Pokemon game right now, but I'm not sure if I want to play Fire Red, Platinum, or Black version.

Play a fan romhack those are janky bits of fun.

D

Deleted member

I’ve been looking for fan games that aren’t Uranium.(Because I’m already playing it.)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I’m pretty much free the entire day with no classes so I’ve been prepping for the rest of the week and doing some artwork while listening to music. I was curious about NeiR Automata after reading someone talking about 2B in Smash.

My entire day has changed. I can’t stop listening to this. I haven’t even watched gameplay footage of this game and I wanna play it...

I just feel sad now. A bittersweet sadness and I can’t explain why.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Richter’s a pretty common German name. I hear it often. I know Juste is a French name, but I’ve never heard of anyone with that name.

Either way I doubt any of you have met someone named Alucard.
Wouldn't be too surprised if there's someone out there called Dracula or Alucard.

Because Nerdy Parents are gonna Nerd.
Why hasn’t this song been remixed outside of Fortune Street?
Because... um... quantum.

I was going to post the Fortune Street version, but decided to post the original.

The FS version is far superior, though.

D

Deleted member

dawg

its a joke the 18th century, get it right
Yep, the Belmont clan was absent in the 19th century. Wouldn’t be active until Julius’s return.

You know what else is underrated in the NSMB series?
The DS game's Castle Theme.
Nostalgia overlord. My first platformer.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The Richter Scale has nothing to do with Castlevania.

And everything to do with Earthquakes.
XD Honest to God, the Richter Scale is the first thing that came to mind when I heard his name. I have a trauma thanks to Earthquakes so...yeah. That is also why I prefer to call him Ricochet instead.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So after about a month of obsessing over Persona 5, i've chiled out and come to some conclusions.

1. Despite having not played the game, Joker seems pretty cool. Guess i'm Joker gang or something, I dunno.

2. I don't need to play their game to think a character is cool. At least I can appreciate him as a Smash character. I'm totally getting a switch port if they make one though.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So after about a month of obsessing over Persona 5, i've chiled out and come to some conclusions.

1. Despite having not played the game, Joker seems pretty cool. Guess i'm Joker gang or something, I dunno.

2. I don't need to play their game to think a character is cool. At least I can appreciate him as a Smash character. I'm totally getting a switch port if they make one though.
Why did I think you had a PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom