• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

But
  1. The Omega's don't move or anything from what I know
  2. A distracting background isn't random and affects both players equally
  3. There's SO much good music being ignored sticking to the same few stages
Finally, on a petty note: if a person can't play Smash properly because the background is too distracting... they might be in the wrong game
distracting backgrounds are ****ing stupid though
a competitive match to figure out who's the best player shouldn't come down to who doesn't get screwed over by a **** backround that's not in anyone's control
literally one of the reasons we don't use ps1 and instead use ps2 is because of the stupid jumbotron in the background
one of the biggest complaints against sm4sh fd was the stupid background, so much so that they toned it down in ultimate
like i agree on the music but it's a very very very tiny issue

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Why superheroes even need powers or cool suits when they can be John Constantine?
Honestly my favourite super-hero-character is
S2_Character_Poster_(14).jpg
And those are Just his normal clothes

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

a competitive match to figure out who's the best player shouldn't come down to who doesn't get screwed over by a **** backround that's not in anyone's control
literally one of the reasons we don't use ps1 and instead use ps2 is because of the stupid jumbotron in the background
one of the biggest complaints against sm4sh fd was the stupid background
how about these people actually git gud instead of making bull**** excuses like "HURR DURR DISTRACTING BACKGROUND"

D

Deleted member

Seeing people upset about not hearing music they like on Smash tournaments due to the stage used makes me wish that we could put any song we want on every stage through a playlist.

You put any song you like on it, and you can choose the background music of a match in any stage just by changing the default tracks of the stage to the tracks of the list by pressing a buttom.

Pretty sure Opossum meant the person Cla replied to
Oh, then that’s true.

D

Deleted member

how about these people actually git gud instead of making bull**** excuses like "HURR DURR DISTRACTING BACKGROUND"
are you telling the best players in the world to git gud

are you seriously not bull****ting me, like are you being completely serious here, like completely unironic no trolling

D

Deleted member

are you telling the best players in the world to git gud

are you seriously not bull****ting me, like are you being completely serious here, like completely unironic no trolling
wait are the best players in the world actually distracted by the backgrounds
****ing lame even I can focus on the match lmao

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tbf, you simply can't see :ultgnw: properly in stages like 75m. And some like Umbra Clock Tower really cause framedrops.

D

Deleted member

you understand how ****ing good these people are, right
like if you can't understand why a distracting background can disrupt a high level tournament match with thousands of dollars on the line and people who can take stocks if you give them a 3 frame opening, then idk what to tell you man

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
one of the biggest complaints against sm4sh fd was the stupid background, so much so that they toned it down in ultimate
For me, something like a jumbotron in the background is a "very very very tiny issue."
Like in the case of these Omega/BF stages, nothing is moving, the stage layout is a standard, there's only two people and there's no items or hazards.
Still the community finds something to complain about? Just comes across as super anal to me, but to each their own.

D

Deleted member

Paying focus on a normal match played in your house isn’t the same as paying focus on a closed room full of people watching you while trying to keep yourself on the tournament.

It’s like comparing a person who walks through a bridge with a person who walks through a rope above a lake of fire.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Depending on the background I can understand why. The bright flash with Smash 4’s FD can be pretty bad if you are photo sensitive.

Otherwise most backgrounds don’t bother most people.

D

Deleted member

Paying focus on a normal match played in your house isn’t the same as paying focus on a closed room full of people watching you while trying to keep yourself on the tournament.

It’s like comparing a person who walks through a bridge with a person who walks through a rope above a lake of fire.
That's a good point actually
like if you can't understand why a distracting background can disrupt a high level tournament match with thousands of dollars on the line and people who can take stocks if you give them a 3 frame opening, then idk what to tell you man
I get it now

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

One can be done with a marching band following you and the other would be hilarious if done with a marching band following you

D

Deleted member

I’ve seen people complain about getting nauseous when playing on Umbra Clock Tower. I mean, which is easier, just not allowing these distracting stages with the same layout or allowing them and leaving some people at a disadvantage for what? More music?

D

Deleted member

For me, something like a jumbotron in the background is a "very very very tiny issue."
Like in the case of these Omega/BF stages, nothing is moving, the stage layout is a standard, there's only two people and there's no items or hazards.
Still the community finds something to complain about? Just comes across as super anal to me, but to each their own.
Yes, for YOU
In a match with hundreds of eyes watching you at a tournament, and when you're going up against someone who will literally 0-death you at the slightest opening, it's a waaaay bigger issue then what music is playing at the time (and are you really paying attention to the music when watching a VOD or stream? lmfao)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I found this comparison on Twitter. Thought I'd share my thoughts.

D0xS-h5XgAELxm7.jpg

Personally, I think neither work as "the new Ridley" or "the new K. Rool".

Ridley was a hot topic for debate over the years, as many people questioned whether or not a character of his size and build could actually work in a game like Smash. Neither Waluigi or Isaac have that same level of questioning. No one is denying that either could work in Smash, and the only reasonable complication unique to only them that they could face is a lack of moveset potential, something Sakurai's demonstrated time and time again that he can overcome if he really wants to.

K. Rool is less of a long shot, but it's still not a solid comparison for either Waluigi or Isaac. Donkey Kong (the franchise) is an extremely iconic property, and many felt as if it was long overdue for a third character. Super Mario is also iconic, but no one is complaining about underrepresentation (if anything, people think it's overrepped). Unless I'm missing another variable here, Waluigi supporters have no other incentive to specifically push for him aside from getting someone they like in Smash. Now Golden Sun is a series that people would love to see get more representation, but it's far from iconic. Unlike K. Rool whose support was far more broad, Isaac supporters are mostly limited to those who are familiar with his series and those who are rooting for another entry. He lacks name recognition, and I feel like that holds him back quite a bit more than K. Rool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

why don't we just stop talking about this because I really don't want to feel any dumber than I already feel

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I think Everyone has made the
"Top level play isn't the same as casual play" argument Several times now.

So let's ask: if you could put any song on any stage, what would you play a Major's finale to?

*Hears radio-tuning sound
"Ah yes, my jam

D

Deleted member

why don't we just stop talking about this because I really don't want to feel any dumber than I already feel
Don’t feel dumb.
It is normal to confuse stuff from time to time, more so for young people like you or myself.

We are still learning, so these small mistakes are just another step we have to take to improve as persons.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

View attachment 195983

Ridley was a hot topic for debate over the years, as many people questioned whether or not a character of his size and build could actually work in a game like Smash. Neither Waluigi or Isaac have that same level of questioning. No one is denying that either could work in Smash, and the only reasonable complication unique to only them that they could face is a lack moveset potential, something Sakurai's demonstrated time and time again that he can overcome this if he really wants to.

K. Rool is less of a long shot, but it's still not a solid comparison for either Waluigi or Isaac. Donkey Kong (the franchise) is an extremely iconic property, and many felt as if it was long overdue for a third character. Super Mario is also iconic, but no one is complaining about underrepresentation (if anything, people think it's overrepped). Unless I'm missing another variable here, Waluigi supporters have no other incentive to specifically push for him aside from getting someone they like in Smash. Now Golden Sun is a series that people would love to see get more representation, but it's far from iconic. Unlike K. Rool whose support was far more broad, Isaac supporters are mostly limited to those who are familiar with his series and those who are rooting for another entry. He lacks name recognition, and I feel like that holds him back quite a bit more than K. Rool.
People are running out of hardcore demand characters and thus are willing to oversell them, that's all

D

Deleted member

View attachment 195983

Ridley was a hot topic for debate over the years, as many people questioned whether or not a character of his size and build could actually work in a game like Smash. Neither Waluigi or Isaac have that same level of questioning. No one is denying that either could work in Smash, and the only reasonable complication unique to only them that they could face is a lack moveset potential, something Sakurai's demonstrated time and time again that he can overcome this if he really wants to.

It feels like people are trying to force some characters as being the next Ridley. Truth is, I don’t think any character is gonna match the entire Ridley debacle.

D

Deleted member

So let's ask: if you could put any song on any stage, what would you play a Major's finale to?

"Ah yes, my jam
You Will Know Our Names, Valedictory Elegy, Ring a Ding

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So, apparently the Monster Girl Encyclopedia is a thing.

Jesus Christ.
Um... yeah, it exists. Don't know why you needed to post this though.

"Ah yes, my jam
Easy...

D

Deleted member

"Ah yes, my jam
Divine Bloodlines, Ultimate's Final Destination Theme, Midna's Lament, Gangplank Galleon

D

Deleted member

The next Ridley will be the one who might appear in a new Metroid game.
Being serious, I don’t believe that any character will become the next Ridley in Smash since I don’t read Sakurai’s mind.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Down, boy. This argument isn't worth it.

The topic of omega and battlefield forms is an intriguing one but this is going in circles.

D

Deleted member

"Ah yes, my jam
Environmental noises of course.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

"Ah yes, my jam
Whatever the **** they renamed Heart of Fire to is my pick
It sounds so goddamn climactic just when it starts out and while I prefer Aria's version of the actual Heart of Fire segment due to the chorus, I've already stopped caring due to the beginning of the song and the hype of the match

osby

Smash Obsessed

"Ah yes, my jam
Enviromental Noises is a must.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d. Serious answer: Id (Purpose) remix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom