• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

True but like if you're Thor you can choke slam the hulk.

Can the suit do that? pssst naw.
i mean you don't need to be strong to be cool
batman is pretty ****ing weak compared to a lot of the dcu but he's badass if his whole character wasn't built around being a capitalist who would rather beat up poor people instead of pouring his money into gotham's ****ty infrastructure don't @ me
oh yeah that makes sense
can't we just make all the ****ing bf and fd form stages tournament legal
i mean, sure? how would that even work lol, like the person counterpicking/starting gets to choose which one? having it just be bf and fd is way easier to handle and reduces time between matches

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
A large number of legal stages are from those series, so you’ll hear music from those series much more often.
By now Zinnia's theme has effectively become the main theme for any tournament and I like that developement

D

Deleted member

i mean, sure? how would that even work lol, like the person counterpicking/starting gets to choose which one? having it just be bf and fd is way easier to handle and reduces time between matches
just make the ruleset Random Omega or Random Battlefield or Random Omega + Battlefield

Pakky

Smash Hero
batman is pretty ****ing weak compared to a lot of the dcu but he's badass is his whole character wasn't built around being a capitalist who would rather beat up poor people instead of pouring his money into gotham's ****ty infrastructure don't @ me

You on both accounts are right, but Batman has a Superman-Buster Suit if I recall.

D

Deleted member

Punisher is just a guy with fire weapons, so he is lame.
/s bigger than Unicron

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
i get so pumped whenever i get a stage + music from a series i like on quickplay and then i realize how competitive yoshi, pokemon, and animal crossing fans have an unfair advantage in competitive play
you should see me get into fighting when the Animal Crossing Title theme plays

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
batman is pretty ****ing weak compared to a lot of the dcu but he's badass if his whole character wasn't built around being a capitalist who would rather beat up poor people instead of pouring his money into gotham's ****ty infrastructure don't @ me
But Bruce Wayne is a huge philanthropist who does donate a lot of money to charities and projects for Gotham, though. And I'm pretty sure he beats up criminals, many of whom are supervillains, and not poor people.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

just make the ruleset Random Omega or Random Battlefield or Random Omega + Battlefield
then again that also brings up the issue of distracting backgrounds
like one of the reasons ps1 isn't a starter but ps2 is is because of the ****ty screen that's on so much in ps1, and traveling stages like halberd can be pretty distracting too

also bf and fd are iconic, at this point it's just easier to keep it this way then make a ruleset change

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
You on both accounts are right, but Batman has a Superman-Buster Suit if I recall.
Black Panther can beat most other Superheroes because of his Combat training in combination with that Suit.
Not that I am world's biggest BP fan, but you're just ****ting on him unwarrented

D

Deleted member

But Bruce Wayne is a huge philanthropist who does donate a lot of money to charities and projects for Gotham, though. And I'm pretty sure he beats up criminals, many of whom are supervillains, and not poor people.
twas a joke

Pakky

Smash Hero
Black Panther can beat most other Superheroes because of his Combat training in combination with that Suit.
Not that I am world's biggest BP fan, but you're just ****ting on him unwarrented
I'm not ****ting on him. I'm just saying if you asked me if I could have his catsuit or a tank suit that can bust the Hulk. I'm taking the tank suit.

Also when you come from a soceity with such a huge bounty of resources and knowledge how is Stark even keeping up? How is Reed keeping up? Hell how is Strange keeping up?

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I'm not ****ting on him. I'm just saying if you asked me if I could have his catsuit or a tank suit that can bust the Hulk. I'm taking the tank suit.
Yeah but if you could have an agile stealthy hulk-beating Suit and Combat training or a clunky Bright coloured hulk-beating Combat Suit and a ****ty attitude?

D

Deleted member

ARE YOU TELLING ME THEY'VE BANNED SOME OF THE OMEGA/BF FORMS IN COMPETITIVE??
it's not banned, they just don't use them

it's just more annoying to introduce them and figure out which ones are distracting or whatever then to just keep the two most iconic forms

Pakky

Smash Hero
Yeah but if you could have an agile stealthy hulk-beating Suit and Combat training or a clunky Bright coloured hulk-beating Combat Suit and a ****ty attitude?
Can the Stealth suit take a Hulk hit?

D

Deleted member

if his whole character wasn't built around being a capitalist who would rather beat up poor people instead of pouring his money into gotham's ****ty infrastructure don't @ me
Aww ****, I can’t ignore this sorry. Batman does also pour money into Gotham’s infrastructure, that’s what Bruce Wayne is for. He a billionaire philanthropist, but he doesn’t have unlimited money. His aim is to tackle Gotham’s problems both socially and economically, so criminals have someone to fear. The idea of people in poverty being forced to crime is something that’s been talked about in the comics before, but Gotham’s crime comes less from poverty and more from corruption entrenched into it’s structure. People like the Penguin are rich criminal leaders and that’s mainly who Batman tackles. Batman’s character reflecting the very real inequality in the class system is an unfortunate side-effect and definitely gives off a ar impression though, I agree.
Yes I know this was pointless to write shut up.

D

Deleted member

Off-topic, but more Avengers Endgame LEGO sets got leaked, and....

66F9FBA4-9020-47FB-B7D9-3D84DB503846.jpeg

7488E34D-C5A5-4530-902F-47BB6A79F312.jpeg

...I really
want

this

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
twas a joke
Figured, but a lot of people do forget about the actual Bruce Wayne side of Batman and how it's more than just his public persona. Though to be fair, not like a lot of Batman media dwell on it. Batman: The Animated Series did spend time on Bruce Wayne pretty frequently.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why superheroes even need powers or cool suits when they can be John Constantine?

D

Deleted member

So, apparently the Monster Girl Encyclopedia is a thing.

Jesus Christ.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
it's not banned, they just don't use them

it's just more annoying to introduce them and figure out which ones are distracting or whatever then to just keep the two most iconic forms
But
  1. The Omega's don't move or anything from what I know
  2. A distracting background isn't random and affects both players equally
  3. There's SO much good music being ignored sticking to the same few stages
Finally, on a petty note: if a person can't play Smash properly because the background is too distracting... they might be in the wrong game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom