• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

He has never truly died.
Thank you, Idon.

Coffee and Soda are disgusting and I am glad I never drank them before.
I tried Soda only once, a tiny sip. It was extremely disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
**** coffee

there i said it, i hate that ****

WATER GANG RISE UP

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
So why is :ultkirby: angry in the usa while he’s all happy in Japan?
Cultural differences.

Because in Japan, "manly" or aggressive media isn't very popular, even among men. That's why so many things from Japan are cutesy compared to other parts of the world. Not that Japan doesn't have dark or violent media of its own (e.g. Fist of the North Star, Berserk, Castlevania, Metal Gear, Dark Souls), but they typically don't have nearly as much popularity as more lighthearted media. It's often attributed to the change in Japanese culture after their loss in WWII, as their warrior ideology was crushed. So the ideal for men was no longer to be strong and fierce, and thus more accepting of cutesy things like Kirby and Pokemon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thank you, Idon.

Dude you don't need to live your life based on an elementary school healthy eating vhs lol.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I still consider this the funniest difference between character art and the model to exist.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Thank you, Idon.

yeah they arent healthy tho they keep linking health benefits to coffee so idk whats going on there

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lmao, have fun falling asleep in the morning.
I only drink coffee occasionally but if you need it in the morning to function methinks you might not be getting good enough sleep, or aren't giving yourself enough time to wake up in the morning before starting your day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Thank you, Idon.

Really? That's impressive.

Both coffee and pop can wildly differ in tastes, though, so that's a major factor. There's some flavors for both soda and coffee that I think is disgusting, and others that I think are really good.

There's a wide variety of flavors coffee can take, though the fundamental bitterness is still there. It just depends on how much you want to drown it out. I know people who don't like drinking coffee unless it basically tastes like candy, whereas I like mine to still be a little bitter. I usually just put a flavored creamer in it, without any added sugar. But when you go to a coffee shop, they usually have different syrups and other flavors they can use. Over the winter, I had a few Eggnog Lattes from Dutch Bros.

With pop, the sky's the limit. If you can put it in a bottle, you can add sugar and carbonate it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Lmao, have fun falling asleep in the morning.
I don't.

Maybe if you weren't living off caffeine, you'd know the difference. :239: I don't depend on chemicals that aren't my own. My brain buff af.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hinata Hinata

Oh look, here's another. This is too funny.

Hell yeah. I live for these headcanons.
After the **** show that was gen 7's starter wars I swore to never partake again. Especially because Incineroar won.

View attachment 195379

They're all adorable, and they're all gonna join us on this new adventure! So no starter wars!
Listen, all the starters are good (even if Grookey's name is dumb). They all have good designs.

However, Sobble is better. The ranking goes:

1. Sobble
2. Grookey and Scorbunny

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Time for the poll of the day.

Lofthouse-Style-Frosted-Sugar-Cookies-Recipe-1-660x438.jpg

Please quote this post with your opinion on these kinds of cookies.

This poll brought to you by: the fact that I'm eating one right now

D

Deleted member

Do you ever just look back on life and get depressed? That's me right now.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I only drink coffee occasionally but if you need it in the morning to function methinks you might not be getting good enough sleep, or aren't giving yourself enough time to wake up in the morning before starting your day.
It might be more attributable to caffeine addiction. I like caffeinated beverages like coffee, pop, and some energy drinks, but I drink them in severe moderation. The most I'll have caffeine is a few times a week. Many times, I'll go a month or more without any.

My parents, on the other hand, became caffeine addicts at some point in their life. They need coffee in the morning, and often two or three times more throughout the day. Because the more consistently you're exposed to caffeine, the less effect it has on you, so you require more and more in order to sustain the stimulation. I think my parents are trying to cut down on their coffee intake, but it's put me off from drinking coffee daily, for sure.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I live on coffee. But then again I get very little sleep as it is. I take my coffee morning to five pm and then green tea during dinner.

And I take it black. Black as a devil’s soul.

I have largely cut alcohol from my diet save for sporadic evenings where I drink a beer. Mostly cause I don’t wanna be a “drunk dad” but also cause I had an episode where I downed half a bottle of whiskey in a single night due to stress and woke up in my own....yeah. I do have some alcohol issues that I have been pretty good in keeping leveled out as of late.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Time for the poll of the day.

View attachment 195381

Please quote this post with your opinion on these kinds of cookies.

This poll brought to you by: the fact that I'm eating one right now
God-tier snacks/deserts for social gatherings. They can fit any occasion with simple decoration on the frosting, they're cheap, and they're pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom