• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's not even a Pokemon thing.

Every Nintendo franchise is guilty of not taking big risks, save MAYBE Mario.

They all sort of stick to their formulas and don't venture too far off them.

D

Deleted member

No seriously though, it's actually canon. Like, there's a history book in the Canalave Library that said people and Pokémon used to be able to marry.
I believe you, but I have to see this.
For. . science.

D

Deleted member

After seeing a lot of fanart of Shield girl in so few hours, it is refreshing to see some Sword art online.
Wait, the girl is called shield and the boy is called sword? I didn't even realize that innuendo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I believe you, but I have to see this.
For. . science.
It was toned down in the English version, but here's what the English version said.

There once were Pokémon that became very close to humans.There once were humans and Pokémon that ate together at the same table.It was a time when there existed no differences to distinguish the two.

The Japanese version explicitly said "married" instead of simply eating together as equals.

D

Deleted member

Did Netflix seriously put a Flat Earth documentary in a "Trending Now" section?
Netflix Why.PNG

D

Deleted member

It was toned down in the English version, but here's what the English version said.

There once were Pokémon that became very close to humans.There once were humans and Pokémon that ate together at the same table.It was a time when there existed no differences to distinguish the two.

The Japanese version explicitly said "married" instead of simply eating together as equals.
Yes, I remember listening to that in DidYouKnowGaming?
I remember I used to watch that channel.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
You know what I'll just drop this here. Leffen just said he's disappointed in lack of innovation of new Pokemon games. And already I hate him T_T
There was a problem fetching the tweet

He's jumping the gun though, we haven't even seen all..
Well

hes right

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Random Encounters is incredibly archaic game design. I was glad they got rid of it for the Let's Go games. Seeing them come back feels like a step back.

What's so much better about a random encounter compared to actually seeing the enemy out in the world? Invisible Pokemon kinda makes the wilderness feel empty. Like, theres Pokemon there, sure, but they just appear. Makes it feel super gamey when I'd love for the Pokemon world to become more realized.
Pretty much my biggest complaint with each game in the series. It always feels like we lose a few good ideas with each subsequent game, especially in recent Gens. Unlike a lot of games, IMO it feels like the greater issue is quality-of-life rather than actual mechanics (competitive randomness I feel is a more "how you play" issue).

If we could get a game with B2W2's difficulty settings (without the unlocking requirements) + USUM's overall difficulty, Gen 6/7's Super & Hyper Training, XY's O-Powers, Skippable Cutscenes, Trainer Customization, and Let's Go's Overworld Encounters we'd be in for a heck of a game. Heck I'm not even mentioning Secret Bases, Battle Frontier, Pokemon Amie, Pokemon Bank, Pokemon following behind you, or Let's Go's Sky mechanic. Is the Switch even capable of Soft-Resets?

Developing Pokemon, by it's nature, is a massive undertaking, especially given Game Freak isn't a huge company, but I'd be more than willing to have a half year+ delay and have a more polished product.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What if Sword and Shield were cancelled and we got Let’s Go Johto instead?

Now all battles are decided by RPS! And no Wild Pokémon.

But there’s now Poké-boxes that can contain a free Celebi! For the low price of $9.99!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
PETA's Black & Blue thing bothers me.

Proof they don't know anything about Pokemon; Pokeballs actually provide a nice world for the Pokemon to stay in if I recall correctly, plus the whole friendship/bonding thing and the fact that they have superpowers + there's living inanimate objects and humanoids, and most trainers in the series take good care of their Pokemon.

And a Flat Earth can't work with the laws of physics.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
PETA's Black & Blue thing bothers me.

Proof they don't know anything about Pokemon; Pokeballs actually provide a nice world for the Pokemon to stay in if I recall correctly, plus the whole friendship/bonding thing and the fact that they have superpowers + there's living inanimate objects and humanoids.

And a Flat Earth can't work with the laws of physics.
Then there’s how they portray Ash...

D

Deleted member

Pretty much my biggest complaint with each game in the series. It always feels like we lose a few good ideas with each subsequent game, especially in recent Gens. Unlike a lot of games, IMO it feels like the greater issue is quality-of-life rather than actual mechanics (competitive randomness I feel is a more "how you play" issue).

If we could get a game with B2W2's difficulty settings (without the unlocking requirements) + USUM's overall difficulty, Gen 6/7's Super & Hyper Training, XY's O-Powers, Skippable Cutscenes, Trainer Customization, and Let's Go's Overworld Encounters we'd be in for a heck of a game. Heck I'm not even mentioning Secret Bases, Battle Frontier, Pokemon Amie, Pokemon Bank, Pokemon following behind you, or Let's Go's Sky mechanic. Is the Switch even capable of Soft-Resets?

Developing Pokemon, by it's nature, is a massive undertaking, especially given Game Freak isn't a huge company, but I'd be more than willing to have a half year+ delay and have a more polished product.
I am going to be real, I want the hard difficulty back.

D

Deleted member

I may just be superstitious but i feel like one of our regulars is like Zero or something.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
is the series done with third versions now cause that would make me happy
The series hasn't really done a true third version in over 10 years.

BW had sequels
XY had nothing
SuMo has some weird Alternate Universe redo games.

Platinum was the last real 3rd Version.

D

Deleted member

More text so I do not get infracted.

Uhhhhhh....
View attachment 195015
It just documents them. Funnily enough in the ending the flat earthers accidentally end up proving the earth is a round boi. Besides I'm pretty sure there has been other conspiracy theory documentaries anyway, last time I checked netflix anyway.

Such thoughts will corrupt and destroy you Alucard hehe. Temperance is a virtue
Well that's pretty close to home.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

just wrote an anti flat earth essay for school it was like 6 pages and I didn't even get to the good stuff
The Flat Earth movement is dumb. There is so much evidence against their movement and so much evidence supporting the fact that the Earth is round.

The Earth is not flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom