• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Only costume I really think is absolutely necessary is James McCloud.

Like, guys. That was the easiest one to do and after five games you've still failed to do it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Only costume I really think is absolutely necessary is James McCloud.

Like, guys. That was the easiest one to do and after five games you've still failed to do it.
James McCloud echo who is exactly the same in every way but his final smash gets his own ship blown up.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I know Louie is the go-to one, but I'd love to see the Hocotate Freight President in Smash. Shame he's too probably too THICC to work as an Olimar costume. Can you imagine Xander saying 'THE PRESIDENT WINS'? **** would be golden

Pictured: the absolute unit himself
The poor man doesn't even have a spirit.

Unless he's planned for DLC :thinking:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Man, the potential for modding in Ultimate has me pretty hopeful. We’re very early on and people have already managed to do some interesting things. If we can get a mod even half as big as PM was for this game, then I’ll be happy.
Part of me hopes not. Project M was born of the competitive community's desire for a new fighter that wasn't quenched by Brawl's obvious efforts to not be a competitive fighter. It splintered the community, but Brawl's community was doomed anyway, so go ahead. Ultimate is thriving and is the first Smash since Melee to be completely competitively viable and entertaining to watch without modding being necessary. We're going to have 80 ****ing characters and a slew of updates and balance patches before development eventually ends.

We don't need another Project M to prematurely split the community up from the fastest selling console exclusive of all time.

D

Deleted member

Part of me hopes not. Project M was born of the competitive community's desire for a new fighter that wasn't quenched by Brawl's obvious efforts to not be a competitive fighter. It splintered the community, but Brawl's community was doomed anyway, so go ahead. Ultimate is thriving and is the first Smash since Melee to be completely competitively viable and entertaining to watch without modding being necessary. We're going to have 80 ****ing characters and a slew of updates and balance patches before development eventually ends.

We don't need another Project M to prematurely split the community up from the fastest selling console exclusive of all time.
Agreed. Ultimate doesn't need a Project M, it's doing fine on its own. If people want to mod in stuff like model swaps or cool costume hacks, then that's fine, but TBH I see no reason to touch Ultimate's mechanics by shoehorning in Melee tech (which, let's be real, is the only thing people would do).

Let Melee be Melee, and let Ultimate be Ultimate.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I want a "Project All-Star" which gives it more costumes and story elements.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I want a "Project All-Star" which gives it more costumes and story elements.
I mean on one hand that'd be neat.

On the other hand Smash fans don't exactly have the best track record with keeping certain characters, well, in-character. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
really want mario's wario alt back. ****ing hate how they kept the ugly *** waluigi color especially when luigi already has it
I hate that the reason it was probably cut was because "lol Builder is yellow."

Like, literally all of Pac-Man's costumes are yellow. Builder Mario and Wario Mario can coexist. Same with Wedding and Fire.

D

Deleted member

I know this might be a bit weird to say, but I still think it's too early to determine whether a Project M for Ultimate is necessary or not.

After all, Brawl's competitive community was pretty adamant about trying to keep it relevant for at least a year or so before interest completely dwindled and Project M became a thing (might even be longer, don't remember).

Of course, Ultimate is faring much better than Brawl could ever hope to, but we don't know what direction the game will go after every patch is done and accounted for. Just look at Smash 4 and how ready literally everyone was for moving on from that game.

That said, if Ultimate's community can hang on as long as Smash 4's, I think a new actual Smash game is gonna happen before modding something as big as a Project M will be possible.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Alts? Alts

:ultbayonetta: - Umbran Gekka
:ultbowser: - Strikers Armour, Hipster Bowser, Wedding Bowser, Dry Bowser, Dark Bowser (seriously, change the hair on his head, that's it)
:ultbowserjr:- Shadow Mario colours
:ultfalcon: - Shirtless
:ultcloud: - Dress, KH costume
:ultcorrinf: - Nohr and Hoshido Noble, Cipher Summer, Heroes, Summer, New Years, Witch, Casual
:ultdiddy: - Strikers Armour
:ultdk: - Strikers Armour
:ultdoc: - Plague Doctor
:ultganondorf: - Hyrule Warriors and Wind Waker alts
:ultgreninja: - Shiny
:ultike: - Shirtless
:ultlink: - Gerudo, Royal Guard, Shirtless
:ultluigi: - Mr L, Penguin, Frog, Ice
:ultmario: - Fire, Sunshine, Mafia
:ultmarth: - Legendary, Pantless, Groom
:ultlucina: - Yukata, Great Lord/Brave/Legendary, Exalt, Easter and Cipher Summer
:ultmewtwo: - Armour, Shadow Mewtwo
:ultpeach: - Explorer, Winter, Overalls
:ultridley: - Omega, Neo, Xenomorph
:ultrobinf: - Summer, Winter
:ultchrom: - Great Lord, Risen King, Exalt, Exalted Knight, Winter, Easter
:ultryu: - Evil Ryu/Kage, Hot Ryu, Kage Battle Outfit 1
:ultken: - Violent Ken, Dante costume, Holiday
:ultsamus: - Light Suit, Fusion Suit, Dark Suit
:ultdarksamus: - X-Ray version
:ultsnake: - Tuxedo, Naked Snake, Octo Camo
:ulttoonlink: - Outset, Conductor
:ultzelda: - Hyrule Warriors

D

Deleted member

I see what you’re saying. I’m talking more costumes and stuff.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As long as Nintendo doesn't brick the system if you use them.
Idk about bricking but last I checked they can system ban you if you’re caught, which means no online play, no eshop, no updates...

Music modding in Smash Wii U was perfect and barely detectable. Idk if it would reflect online though. I just hope Ultimate gets an undetectable music mod soon

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I look forward to Project M: Ultimate. I can't wait for them to finish the main roster, start working on Isaac, then abruptly bail so they can make an uninteresting flop while telling everyone not to touch their mod because they're special.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Well I actually implemented these in my Friends group by accident.
I just mentioned Them as a joke once and now people expect me to keep track.
So I'll have the Total scores on the name-cards at the table on my next birthday so they can argue about the meaning of it.

Unfortunately I can't invite you to my party but the thought that you probably have more points than the people present should be worth something
Just have a card for me at the table anyways, then your friends can wonder who the heck I am :laugh:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I hate that the reason it was probably cut was because "lol Builder is yellow."

Like, literally all of Pac-Man's costumes are yellow. Builder Mario and Wario Mario can coexist. Same with Wedding and Fire.
Yeah. All of Cloud's are shades of black. All of Sonic's are barely distinguishable in real time. The color really doesn't matter.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Old Snake and Big Boss for Snake, this one is so ****ing easy like how do you miss this one?

Other Belmonts for the Belmonts.

More Odyssey costumes for Mario.

Tux and dry Bowser.

Wedding peach.

Bike gear for Peach, Rosalina, and Daisy.

Tennis gear for Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Rosalina, and Daisy.

Striker gear for Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Diddy, Donkey Kong, and Wario.

Skylanders gear for Bowser and DK.

Dr. Luigi and Mr. L.

Fusion, Phazon, PED, Dark, and Light Suits for Samus.

Skeleton Dark Samus.

Boshi and Yarn Yoshi.

Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, and Skyward Sword alts for Link.

Kirby... doesn't need any.

James McCloud for Fox.

Detective Pikachu, how did they miss that one?

PJ Ness.

OG SNES and Rick Wheeler for Captain Falcon

Fuzzy Jigglypuff. The one from Detective Pikachu. Yeah, I said it.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want an unmasked Sheik. Even if it isn't canon.

TP, OoT, and SS Zelda

There's a LOT more I could list but I'm going to end it here before I go completely crazy.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know this might be a bit weird to say, but I still think it's too early to determine whether a Project M for Ultimate is necessary or not.

After all, Brawl's competitive community was pretty adamant about trying to keep it relevant for at least a year or so before interest completely dwindled and Project M became a thing (might even be longer, don't remember).

Of course, Ultimate is faring much better than Brawl could ever hope to, but we don't know what direction the game will go after every patch is done and accounted for. Just look at Smash 4 and how ready literally everyone was for moving on from that game.

That said, if Ultimate's community can hang on as long as Smash 4's, I think a new actual Smash game is gonna happen before modding something as big as a Project M will be possible.
Smash 4's main problem was that the game was very defence heavy which makes it less fun to watch and play. Ultimate being more fast paced is pretty much the best improvement it could have, a lot of characters are surprisingly well-balanced too and the character diversity's looking to be pretty good for the most part so far which also helps

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Hot dogs are sold in packs of twelve.

Hot dog buns are sold in packs of eight.

If you want enough hot dogs to go with buns and vice versa, you have to buy two packs of hot dogs and three packs of buns. Otherwise you're left with some useless leftovers.

I'm onto you, hot dog mafia.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Nintendo dropped the ball

why oh why didnt the use New Leaf Villager style
Jokes about facial expressions aside, I feel like Sakurai chose the right design.

New Leaf may have been a massive success, but I don't want Nintendo to ignore everything Animal Crossing that doesn't feature Isabelle. The stubby arms and legs Villager that we currently have is a nice callback to the series' grass roots, and I know we won't be seeing much of that moving forward.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Hot dogs are sold in packs of twelve.

Hot dog buns are sold in packs of eight.

If you want enough hot dogs to go with buns and vice versa, you have to buy two packs of hot dogs and three packs of buns. Otherwise you're left with some useless leftovers.

I'm onto you, hot dog mafia.
You're right, but you're also a few years late to the discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom