• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Let's be honest, Hollywood would ruin a Zelda movie.

Starring:
Kristen Bell as "female Link"
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as "Ganondorf"
Betty White as "Impa"
Morgan Freeman as "random character created just so we can have Morgan Freeman"

Funny how a live-action Pokemon movie will decide my faith in Nintendo movies being decent.
Can we have James Spader as Ganondorf tho?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I feel like a Netflix show would work better than a movie.

Tbh I just want an anime of Majora’s Mask tho
I'd love to make a series, movie, or even game remake of Majora's Mask. It has a lot of potential for an amplified presentation, given its tight focus and heavy themes. Theophany's remixes have already made progress on the music front, giving the story some gravitas that would match really well with an enhanced production of the story.

Though I wouldn't take any artistic liberties. There was that one really famous fan animation that had Theophany's score a few years ago, and I didn't like it. It completely changed the character of the Mask Salesman and Skull Kid for no reason, taking the more interesting and intriguing parts of their character and replacing it with more "standard" character traits. I wouldn't want someone like that to be in charge of an adaptation.

And I got $120 worth of Nintendo eShop credit off Raise this month, so I am set.

Why do I keep playing the same games I know front and back so much.
Hey, I've played through so many of the same games more times than I can count. Halo, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and a few others here and there (RE4 being one of them). Honestly I'm surprised at how many people don't replay games at all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
In Smash fandom you can either like Banjo or Steve. Nothing else.
Jokes aside, Smash fanbase in general have a problem with characters that just have their fans. It's like every character has to be a fan favorite and everyone has to like them or they literally have no fans and you are not allowed to defend them.

D

Deleted member

Good afternoon everyone!

I see we're talking about alternate costumes...
Only one I personally want is a Dry Bowser costume for :ultbowser:. I'd be cool w/ anything else.

Also a little Quickplay update, I just passed 3.8 million GSP w/ :ultridley:. The average Elite threshold is at 3.9 million.
So close...
You got this. I am trying to get Ike at Elite Smash, I am around 3.7 million GSP.

D

Deleted member

Shirtless Ike, Shirtless Marth, Shirtless Chrom and Shirtless Richter would be hype.

D

Deleted member

GOOD GAMES ALERT

Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and Final Fantasy XII THE ZODIAC AGE are now available to pre-purchase on the eShop! For anyone who's wondering price and file size, here you go.

Final Fantasy VII - $15.99, 3.7GB. Releases March 26th.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 - $49.99, 14.0GB. Releases April 16th.
Final Fantasy XII THE ZODIAC AGE - $49.99, 12.6GB. Releases April 30th.

Yep, they're still the same price as they are on the PlayStation Store. Not really surprised, but hey.
You best be adding FF IX to that Good Games list

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'd love to make a series, movie, or even game remake of Majora's Mask. It has a lot of potential for an amplified presentation, given its tight focus and heavy themes. Theophany's remixes have already made progress on the music front, giving the story some gravitas that would match really well with an enhanced production of the story.

Though I wouldn't take any artistic liberties. There was that one really famous fan animation that had Theophany's score a few years ago, and I didn't like it. It completely changed the character of the Mask Salesman and Skull Kid for no reason, taking the more interesting and intriguing parts of their character and replacing it with more "standard" character traits. I wouldn't want someone like that to be in charge of an adaptation.

Hey, I've played through so many of the same games more times than I can count. Halo, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and a few others here and there (RE4 being one of them). Honestly I'm surprised at how many people don't replay games at all.
I saw that animated intro of the renake of Link's Awakening, and whatever studio did it, should also take a shot with any of the other games as a movie.

In my case,I am a coward and inexperienced to even try to animate something. I am currently trying a way to showcase my hobby work of illustration, even though I feel it is not that remarkable, but I wish I had also the guts for animation. I can only dream of doing an animation with my Ridley Bros. since they are the most dynamic pair I have put together.

XD If I were to go into something closer to the actual games, Samus would be the biggest challenge (And people said Ridley was too big).

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Um, what are we discussing? Excuse me if I'm out of the loop, I just want to tell two things about games.

Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age for Nintendo Switch will have enchantments.

There is a video about Ryan being a Pikachu Snippet for the upcoming Detective Pikachu movie. In the video, he says he doesn't take it lightly/meaning he takes the role very seriously.

Also, I predict that in 2 days there will be information about Pokemon

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Which is why you create an original Zelda story that works within the allotted time frame, and not just try to copy paste from the games (which wouldn't work for that reason)
Just scale back the necessary locations/sages, eliminate temples instead for occasional bosses and character moments, and you've got a single 2hr film just fine.

If we used OoT as an example, we introduce him as a boy in his home after the Great Deku Tree foretells his own fate and sends Navi. But we restructure the events so that he doesn't go into the GDT and just starts his adventure from there. We allow him to meet Zelda and Impa as he did in the game, but make it more about Zelda by also having Ruto and Darunia show up to offer their spiritual stones along with Link. He's not the hero Zelda foretold; he's just there when Zelda enacts her plan against Ganondorf. Ganondorf however takes the stones because, unlike the young and naive Zelda, he knows their true value, and he enters the Temple of Time with Link-- also young and naive-- chasing after him.

What follows after that 40min first act is Link arriving as an adult to a war-torn wasteland armed with the Master Sword he drew and nothing else. We send him back to the forest where, rather than a temple, he finds his home in ruins and his friends hiding away. Saria comes with him as they search for Darunia because the gorons are probably fine way up there in the mountain, but they're not. Darunia has a big funny-gid-guy moment and tells them they need to go to Lake Hylia. They all go and find Ruto, now fully grown with a comedic romantic subplot. Sheik somehow comes in to save the day when they're all fighting a Ganon phantom (to make sure he's a persistent threat), telling them all soonafter the real source of the problem: the Gerudos. The team then goes that way, and now that we've established each of the characters and their relationships to each other-- with Sheik being the mysterious, no-nonsense ***-kicker Zelda Sheik should be, they infiltrate the Gerudo lands only to find not a key to their salvation, but the true myth of Ganon and an ally in a defecting Gerudo who knows how to get into Ganon's castle. She says they'll find Zelda there, and Sheik keeps telling them she's dead, leading to the team splintering and losing faith in their goal.

They eventually fight through the undead to get to the castle, and find that they've all been drawn there by fate: the four sages of the forest, land, sea and sun, the triforce of courage and the triforce of wisdom. Sheik is outed as Zelda, Ganon claims his prize in both of the other pieces of the Triforce, until the sages are able to free them and they all fight together. Big climactic ending, Zelda sends Link back in time to relive the life that she had incidentally stolen from him, and roll credits.

Bam. Zelda movie that's more or less faithful to its source material while chopping out some unneeded stuff meant for padding the gameplay length.

I'll be in my trailer.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
What can I spend these on?
Well I actually implemented these in my Friends group by accident.
I just mentioned Them as a joke once and now people expect me to keep track.
So I'll have the Total scores on the name-cards at the table on my next birthday so they can argue about the meaning of it.

Unfortunately I can't invite you to my party but the thought that you probably have more points than the people present should be worth something

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alternate costumes? Alternate costumes.

:ultmario: - Give Fire Mario back. I wanted to focus on characters without them, but dammit all, we shouldn't have lost Fire Mario.
:ultluigi: - It always kinda seemed unfair that Mario got neat alternate costumes but Luigi didn't. Given Luigi's low traction, I say give him the Penguin Suit. :p
:ultpeach: - Wedding Peach
:ultrosalina: - Cosmic Clone Rosalina
:ultbowser: - Wedding Bowser, or Hipster Bowser, or Dry Bowser...Bowser just needs something
:ultdk: - Boxing Gloves
:ultkrool: - Kaptain K. Rool
:ultzelda: - Breath of the Wild Zelda
:ulttoonlink: - Outset Toon Link
:ultsamus: - Actual Fusion Suit
:ultmewtwo: - Armored Mewtwo
:ultgreninja: - Actual Shiny Colors
:ultmarth: - Either Legendary Marth or Groom Marth, either works.
:ultchrom: - Great Lord Chrom or, alternatively, Exalted Knight Chrom
:ultlucina: - Great Lord Lucina
:ultpalutena: - NES Design
:ultlittlemac: - See Mario. Bring back Major Circuit Little Mac, dammit. We didn't need the eyesore that is the hooded wireframe alt.

I don't see how people can think there are no good costume ideas left.

D

Deleted member

It is so windy out here.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Probably not.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Because you enjoy them?
Okay, let me rephrase: Why do I keep finding excuses to re-buy the games I already own?

Release on Gamecube: These games are ****ing great and I'm never selling them.
Rerelease on Wii: Well now they're all on one disc rather than the annoying 2-disc swap.
Rerelease on XB1: Oh now they're in HD and I really want to play them again. Plus costume DLC. Awesome.
Rerelease on Steam: Well I mean, it's a Steam sale and I wonder if I can mod them. Ah what the hell.
Rerelease on Switch: I have played all of these games together about 57 times now but now it's optionally on the go so.

If I had to guess, I'd wager I've spent about $300 on these three games alone and I justify it every time.

D

Deleted member

Man, the potential for modding in Ultimate has me pretty hopeful. We’re very early on and people have already managed to do some interesting things. If we can get a mod even half as big as PM was for this game, then I’ll be happy.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man, the potential for modding in Ultimate has me pretty hopeful. We’re very early on and people have already managed to do some interesting things. If we can get a mod even half as big as PM was for this game, then I’ll be happy.
As long as Nintendo doesn't brick the system if you use them.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Would love Assault-Command Wolf as a costume, with the scouter and all. Do love the classic eye patch, but I don't understand why it is the default when he only has it on Venom. I wish the eye patch was an alt with different eye patch colors/patterns.

Falco would need his Adventures attire. Green jacket with goggles on his head.

Falcon needs his GX look. It's his most recent appearance, despite the current Falcon being more well-known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom