• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Palutena can fight in Smash, yet can’t cook food or teach her only friend how to read...the **** kinda goddess can’t do it all
To be fair, she's solely the goddess of light...

I don't think that applies to cooking skills or teaching abilities...

The latter is actually kinda funny when you remember that she's based on Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Again, people are just calling it out for how disgusting is it.

They aren't saying "we'll only buy it if it's not transphobic" they're saying "this is gross because it's transphobic", leading the developers to decide "hey people noticed our product is transphobic, lets change it so we don't look as disgusting"
After reading some more of the comments here I Discovered that I understood things incorrectly.

If the writers made An insulting depiction of trans people then yeah, that should be changed.

I thought a character from the game was transphobic, which is always a lot more touchy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm curious as to why this discussion is going the way it is.
If it's that transphobic then people could Just boycot the game right?
The only reason to care about changes being made is if the game is REALLY good and you want to play it but are stopped by the biggotry.
Which, again, I wouldn't know.
Can someone tell me if this game is really good enough to Worry about?
It's to spread awareness that this kind of content is harmful to whatever minority groups are involved. By spreading this awareness, people can learn that "Ok, this thing is wrong, and we should try to be better than that". Another good example is Fire Emblem here I feel, in Fates' original script, AKA the Japanese version, Soleil is a character who's ENTIRE personality is "hnngh tiddy soft and warm I'm gay" and her support with maleCorrin has him drug her and in the end she ends up wanting guys instead. Soleil is canonically bi but the fact she couldn't even get a relationship with femaleCorrin, who IS bisexual and CAN marry a woman wasn't exactly well-received, especially as both same-gender options were very morally grey characters, with Niles being a massive creep in general (iirc he tries to flirt with the 14 year olds in his Fire Emblem Warriors supports, although I admittedly might be misremembering). Japanese people were pissed and Nintendo made sure they'd try to fix this up. In Fire Emblem Echoes there are actually quite a few LGBT characters, wth Leon being stereotypically feminine and implications that Python and Forsyth are bi and even potentially end up together in the epilogue

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This is like a daily thing now.

I get it’s a social thread...but like, let’s maybe talk about Smash?

Bigotry is bad. End of story. If you don’t know much about it, do some research and just think about what you say next time. No reason to attack each other or get overly aggressive.

But for real. Yes, this is important stuff. But it’s like, a daily conversation. I hope i’m not coming off as privileged, because I get that people’s lives are based on some of this stuff being an issue, and it truthfully shouldn’t be. We should all be more accepting. But i’m not sure a forum conversation is going to help people understand. Idk bruhs, I just hate to see such division all the time. Come together and come to an understanding.

At least, I wish society would. This is getting tiring. I’ve just seen enough **** and a lack of change that i’m basically annoyed that we STILL have to have conversations about it, whereas really, these issues would be simple to fix.

Although I also am convinced at this point in my life that we will never, and I mean never, have a society where every single person is accepting of all other cultures. Achieving that would mean effectively fixing the shortcomings in other areas of the countries hat have these issues. At least things are better now than when I was a kid.

It’s progress. But there’s more to do.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Who the heck is Charles Manson?
He was an American cult leader who led out an infamous murder spree. I won't go into detail on that.

...and I just found out me and him have the same birthday.

Thanks Reddit :3
I swear this reminds me of something, but I can't remember what.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I'm back after crying a little, and I have to say...I'm surprised it didn't stop.

I started this thing because I didn't know what was bigotry, I didn't understand why 'someone turning into a sheep' was offensive and when I read the blog it brought back the memories of what happened with Smash Ultimate and censorship (some spirits were changed due to being 'racist' despite there being proper explaination for spirits being like this. If it was another game then maybe it's not a bad thing but NINTENDO SAID THE SPIRITS SHOULD MATCH WITH CHARACTERS) and I guess I lost my cool there.

If I knew what was it, then I should've never posted it/should've never called it a bad thing. I can't promise you'll calm down with me after what happened but all I want to say is I regret ever linking it in first place. Bigotry is bad, sure, but you guys attacked me, like I mean you could've politely told me what was it in first place/FIRST POST, and I was explaining my opinion since I'm a bit disappointed you can use the mob to cut stuffs but I was instead attacked. Feels like I've lost 2 friendship levels with everyone.

I feel like we can't have nice things anymore, and most importantly, would the peoples who complained about it ever buy the game in first game? No, I doubt it, but I could be wrong. I still regret it.

Now can we please kill this Catherine discussion and just get on with Smash discussion? I should've never started it in first place.

P.S. Is there anyone who has used their main/sub since day 1 and hasn't changed it yet? My main is Mario and/or Mii Fighter, and I haven't changed it yet.

So, um....Is it bad that I just woke up and I literally feel like going back to sleep? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No, it's not a bad thing.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be fair, she's solely the goddess of light...

I don't think that applies to cooking skills or teaching abilities...

The latter is actually kinda funny when you remember that she's based on Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom
Viridi is the Goddess of Nature yet she can do everything but not fangirl over her Plant Gang members. Guess this means Viridi is the best Goddess in Kid Icarus (followed by Pandora and Phosphora of course)

also Palutena can’t handle being outsmarted by Pit whenever she’s wrong about something, so that matches up with the irony of her being based on Athena

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bigotry is bad, sure, but you guys attacked me, like I mean you could've politely told me what was it in first place/FIRST POST.
Don't play the victim here. You've been criticized multiple times in just this past week for posting things like this. Don't act like the general thread reaction came out of nowhere.

Own up to it and change for the better.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Don't play the victim here. You've been criticized multiple times in just this past week for posting things like this. Don't act like the general thread reaction came out of nowhere.

Own up to it and change for the better.
Have you been reading my later posts? I said that I really regret it. I said probably. I'm not playing victim here, as I also remember how much I got criticized last week, but I will admit that it could've been a little more civil.

Can we please KILL THIS DISCUSSION NOW? Because in the end everyone knows that I was in the wrong, and agruing wouldn't change anything anyways.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyway back to the Cristina Vee/Caitlin Glass thing from a few pages back:

Yeah, Caitlin’s “good things are coming” was referring to the Fruits Basket thing. BUT do keep in mind she also has an NDA voice role she still has yet to reveal:

D

Deleted member

This is like a daily thing now.

I get it’s a social thread...but like, let’s maybe talk about Smash?

Bigotry is bad. End of story. If you don’t know much about it, do some research and just think about what you say next time. No reason to attack each other or get overly aggressive.

But for real. Yes, this is important stuff. But it’s like, a daily conversation. I hope i’m not coming off as privileged, because I get that people’s lives are based on some of this stuff being an issue, and it truthfully shouldn’t be. We should all be more accepting. But i’m not sure a forum conversation is going to help people understand. Idk bruhs, I just hate to see such division all the time. Come together and come to an understanding.

At least, I wish society would. This is getting tiring. I’ve just seen enough **** and a lack of change that i’m basically annoyed that we STILL have to have conversations about it, whereas really, these issues would be simple to fix.

Although I also am convinced at this point in my life that we will never, and I mean never, have a society where every single person is accepting of all other cultures. Achieving that would mean effectively fixing the shortcomings in other areas of the countries hat have these issues. At least things are better now than when I was a kid.

It’s progress. But there’s more to do.
This is a social thread. No one is forced to talk about Smash. The whole point of a social thread is to talk about whatever you want. If you want to talk exclusively about Smash and nothing else, there's an entire site for that: make your own thread or find specific threads about what you want.
Or... you can just continue to talk about it here without acting like other topics prevent you from talking about what you want.
Instead of "we should talk about X" why don't you just... talk about X? No one is stopping you from doing that and neither should you attempt to police what other people talk about.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
He's actually a really nice guy but because of his design, spin-off games interpret him as a creep
I remember liking Niles when I played Fates but that was literally years ago. Not to mention he's still portrayed as someone who's not exactly the most heroic person around because he steals ****.

Also COMPLETELY unrelated but I realized the current Kamen Rider was planned to be a woman and that means we'd literally have a big ***** goth Kamen Rider gf

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Cla if I don't get 8 hours of sleep every day then I will literally die
How is the concept of sleep not terrifying to people

You literally are losing precious time in your finite life just to be unconscious. It's why I rarely sleep more than 6 hours. I get super paranoid thinking about it

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This is a social thread. No one is forced to talk about Smash. The whole point of a social thread is to talk about whatever you want. If you want to talk exclusively about Smash and nothing else, there's an entire site for that: make your own thread or find specific threads about what you want.
Or... you can just continue to talk about it here without acting like other topics prevent you from talking about what you want.
Instead of "we should talk about X" why don't you just... talk about X? No one is stopping you from doing that and neither should you attempt to police what other people talk about.
Did I force anyone to talk about Smash? No. I suggested we talk about Smash.

I don’t know what your problem is, but you get seemingly passive aggressive when there is literally no reason to be. Not just me, but when I post it’s passive aggression, and I really, just don’t get it.

Chill out. All i’m trying to do is diffuse the situation. There’s no problem in trying to do that.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
He was an American cult leader who led out an infamous murder spree. I won't go into detail on that.

...and I just found out me and him have the same birthday.

I swear this reminds me of something, but I can't remember what.
Pleasant... Very pleasant...

D

Deleted member

You literally are losing precious time in your finite life just to be unconscious. It's why I rarely sleep more than 6 hours. I get super paranoid thinking about it
because im gay and tired leave me alone
Anyway back to the Cristina Vee/Caitlin Glass thing from a few pages back:

Yeah, Caitlin’s “good things are coming” was referring to the Fruits Basket thing. BUT do keep in mind she also has an NDA voice role she still has yet to reveal:

devils advocate but how do we know the anime or w/e she's voicing isn't the nda?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

I don’t know what your problem is, but you get seemingly passive aggressive when there is literally no reason to be. Not just me, but when I post it’s passive aggression, and I really, just don’t get it.

Chill out. All i’m trying to do is diffuse the situation. There’s no problem in trying to do that.
Scoliosis here is right, though. I want this discussion I've started to end immediately. I was in the wrong, I said/admitted that I regret it really, and that I was in the wrong, yet I still am being attacked a little. I wanted to change the topic, not talk about that thing anymore. Maybe not Smash but anything is fine, EXPECT for what I just said in a page ago or two. I want to forget about this.

Like holy. Opossum Opossum attacked me because he thinks I am playing the victim, yet I am not, I remember what I did last week, and I said that I was in the wrong, but THE ISSUE IS I have a feeling he will continue to say the same thing. Yes, he did indeed point out what part of what I said, and I do know what I did, but still, even if I say it to him he will just repeat the same thing. I literally don't know what to say to him anymore if he keeps repeating it.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
because im gay and tired leave me alone

devils advocate but how do we know the anime or w/e she's voicing isn't the nda?
She would have announced the role then and there if it was the NDA, no? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So playing FE4 mostly blind has once again bitten me in the butt lol.

Chapter 3 has Eldigan and the Cross Knights show up after the first castle siege, which I wasn't anticipating. Then he kicked my ass. Looked it up afterwards and saw I was supposed to talk to him with Lachesis, so...I'll do that next time I play.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Good because I want this life to be over
She would have announced the role then and there if it was the NDA, no? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not really? That's by no means important information as pretty much everything has NDAs

D

Deleted member

I'm tired of people being dismissive and you do this all the time, so don't act all innocent. You're not helping the discussion in any way by saying "stop attacking each other, just come to an understanding" when that's... exactly what we are trying to do.
All you do is come off as apathetic and I don't know if that's what you really are but it is what you present yourself as.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Bruh you know me. I never even WANT to wake up in the morning and each time I do Im dissapointed

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I'm tired of people being dismissive and you do this all the time, so don't act all innocent. You're not helping the discussion in any way by saying "stop attacking each other, just come to an understanding" when that's... exactly what we are trying to do.
All you do is come off as apathetic and I don't know if that's what you really are but it is what you present yourself as.
Scoliosis may not be innocent, but I'm definitely not innocent. However I want this agruing and this 'discussion' I started to end immediately. I want myself and everyone to just move on. Let's just talk about anything else instead of being angry at me. I didn't mean to be this dismissive, and I really regret it. I can't be sure those peoples who asked for this 'good' change will buy the game, but I still regret what I did, and I can't get you to forgive me. In fact you don't have to forgive me if you don't want to. Hell, take me personally. It's not Scoliosis's fault, it's my fault.

Does moving on sounds good?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
but why would the character she's auditioning for be based off a character she voices instead of being the character she voices

er i mean rise up
Didn’t Mike Pollock do something similar for Eggman once? I seem to recall hearing something like that somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom