• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright, here I go.

The movie was amazing. Absolutely 100% without a doubt amazing. Does it recapture the magic of the original? No, but it doesn't have to. These three movies aren't about recreating the same things, it's about moving the characters forwards. And that's exactly what it does.

Hiccup's character development is really astounding, and watching the trilogy back to back will clearly show the genius of these writers. His relationship with Astrid is adorable, and is honestly the kinda relationship I want.

The scenes with Toothless and the Light Fury are the best things i've seen all year. Holy crap, the animation the visuals it's all incredible. Toothless is literally the best dragon ever conceived and I will not hear otherwise.

The villain wasn't amazing, but he was a huge step up from the previous ones. Who was the villain in the first movie? A big dragon. Who was the villain in the second movie? A mean guy who screamed a lot. This guy has style, this guy is smart. This guy is the best villain the series has had.

The climax was smaller than I thought it'd be, but that's fine. The focus isn't to have a "HUGE EPIC BATTLE" it's to have a fitting conclusion to these character's arcs.

The ending was beautiful. Absolutely incredible. The best ending to a movie i've ever seen, and the perfect way to wrap up this trilogy. I hope and pray they don't pull a Toy Story 4 because they already ended it perfectly.

I could say way more, but
i'll leave it there. Does it have issues? Yes, some of the humor was a little off and the pacing could stand to be a bit slower. But a good movie doesn't have a limited amount of problems. What makes a movie good is if you don't care about the small issues. because they don't matter in the grand scheme.

THEY HAVE BABIES! BABIES!!!! Hiccup and Astrid and Toothless and the Light Fury! They both have babies and they're all precious!
And Hiccup's wedding OMGOOOOOOD
Glad you enjoyed the movie buddy. I'd see it myself, but college work has kinda occupied 95% of my time right now.

Imagine if Master Chief, Steve, and Banjo were all on the Fighter Pass. How would you react?
God no. As much as I'd like to see Banjo and would be... OK w/ 2 of the 3 showing up, I would hate it if 3 of the 4 remaining Fighter Pass spots went to Microsoft characters.

D

Deleted member

Alright, here I go.

The movie was amazing. Absolutely 100% without a doubt amazing. Does it recapture the magic of the original? No, but it doesn't have to. These three movies aren't about recreating the same things, it's about moving the characters forwards. And that's exactly what it does.

Hiccup's character development is really astounding, and watching the trilogy back to back will clearly show the genius of these writers. His relationship with Astrid is adorable, and is honestly the kinda relationship I want.

The scenes with Toothless and the Light Fury are the best things i've seen all year. Holy crap, the animation the visuals it's all incredible. Toothless is literally the best dragon ever conceived and I will not hear otherwise.

The villain wasn't amazing, but he was a huge step up from the previous ones. Who was the villain in the first movie? A big dragon. Who was the villain in the second movie? A mean guy who screamed a lot. This guy has style, this guy is smart. This guy is the best villain the series has had.

The climax was smaller than I thought it'd be, but that's fine. The focus isn't to have a "HUGE EPIC BATTLE" it's to have a fitting conclusion to these character's arcs.

The ending was beautiful. Absolutely incredible. The best ending to a movie i've ever seen, and the perfect way to wrap up this trilogy. I hope and pray they don't pull a Toy Story 4 because they already ended it perfectly.

i'll leave it there. Does it have issues? Yes, some of the humor was a little off and the pacing could stand to be a bit slower. But a good movie doesn't have a limited amount of problems. What makes a movie good is if you don't care about the small issues. because they don't matter in the grand scheme.

THEY HAVE BABIES! BABIES!!!! Hiccup and Astrid and Toothless and the Light Fury! They both have babies and they're all precious!
I’m really glad to hear you enjoyed it so much, seems like a franchise you’re really passionate about.
bloody hell i sound like a dad

KMDP

Smash Legend
[

this willnonly end with "mature" comments from "mature" people
I mean, the comment has passed like... almost an hour without any comments of note.
Americans: "Jersey is a thing in France?"
Europeans: "Yes."
Americans: "So New Jersey is based off Jersey?"
Europeans: "Mm hmm."
Americans: "Wait what the heck is a Guernsey?
Europeans: "Sigh..."
France?

FRANCE!?

We're a British Crown Dependancy, thank-you-very-much.
(I'm not actually offended)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m really glad to hear you enjoyed it so much, seems like a franchise you’re really passionate about.
bloody hell i sound like a dad
It's inspired me so much.

It sparked an honestly weird chain of events that caused me to want to make cartoons. I wouldn't be the person I am without it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don't you type on SmashBoards though?
You do not write on your phone when you want to say messages like this one.
It's a square/rectangle thing.

All squares are a form of rectangle. Not all rectangles are squares. Squares are rectangles.
Not all writing is typing, but typing, by definition, is writing. Typing is writing.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The name "Crono" is a leftover from the SNES days. In Japanese material his name has always been romanized as Chrono, but the SNES version only allowed 5 characters even in English, leading to the H being dropped.

Just search Google and you will find it.

D

Deleted member

Alright, here I go.

I saw it yesterday, and it was fantastic.
YESSS A FANTASTIC ENDING TO END THE SERIES!
Honestly, it reminds me of Toy Story 3 in a way. Both had great endings to their series, and both are super enjoyable.

D

Deleted member

France?

FRANCE!?

We're a British Crown Dependancy, thank-you-very-much.
(I'm not actually offended)
Oh, you live there? My apologies for getting that wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The name "Crono" is a leftover from the SNES days. In Japanese material his name has always been romanized as Chrono, but the SNES version only allowed 5 characters even in English, leading to the H being dropped.

As previously established, the remake doesn't change that. Otherwise we can have Gold Drive's official romanization of Gord Drive. Or a Kamen Rider form based off of birds, including a Condor, get called Condol

D

Deleted member

"I'm too lazy to find a source, just google it I'm sure someone agrees with me."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Chrom players be like

:GCA::GCCR:
:GCY::GCA::GCY::GCA::GCY::GCR::GCA:
:GCU::GCB:

And if the opponent is approaching the ledge...
:GCR::GCA:
Aether is all Chrom needs
:ultrichter:::GCR::GCB::GCA::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCCR:
:ultwolf:/:ultsnake:: :GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB:
Did I do it?
Now
yes good job proud of u but you're really giving richter players a lot more credit by assuming they'll jab
Simon is the only one to jab
Don't you find it hilarious that Xbox who was assumed to be a direct competitor to Nintendo will bring their games onto the Switch before Netflix gets onto the Switch? I find the thought rather amusing.
Nothing funny about this sexual tension between the two companies
If Pyra dropped her tiddy on a man's head she'd kill him instantly.
Not a bad thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom