• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Don't you find it hilarious that Xbox who was assumed to be a direct competitor to Nintendo will bring their games onto the Switch before Netflix gets onto the Switch? I find the thought rather amusing.

Iridium

Smash Hero
what is there to do but speculate on the inevitable 3.0 april smash direct featuring joker and erdrick from the dragon may quest series
The last two pages had me feel like I was looking at modernized hieroglyphs.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
For those wondering. I haven't completely organized my thoughts, but this is what I'm thinking:
So this game has all the hype surrounding it for the last like 10 years, all about the Keyblade War, how there is going to be a huge, epic battle. There's hype around Toy Story, Monsters Inc, etc

I'm no expert on this game, but here's these few things:

- I feel as if the original game had something relating to, "once it's all finished, we won't see each other again". Here, there's no fear of that. They can just travel dimensions forever now?
- Xemnas destroys Axle's Keyblade, but then he uses it 3 scenes later to close Kingdom Hearts
- Merlin must be a terrible teacher, because both Axle and Kairi are trash at fighting. When they begin the first time, Kairi doesn't even take her Keyblade out. Her whole character development of, "Now it's my turn to save you" is completely disregarded, when, considering this is the last game of a trilogy, it should probably be tied up.
- we spend the entire series seeing the storylines and strengths and growths of each of the characters, yet when they need to shine and be their best, they're all garbage. None of them can actually do anything without Sora, which negates the entire purpose of the Mark of Mastery exams. Sure, they passed. They're still not able to do anything without Sora, the guy who they make fun of the entire time for being a mess. Each of those battles makes each and every one of the other Keyblade wielders look incredibly weak.
- They lose the first go around. Ok, Sora saves them. They go back, acknowledging they lost by saying, "It worked! Great job!" and then Ven proceeds to do the exact same ****ing thing he did the first time when he saw Terra. How dense are these folks? Not to mention that just seemed like a massive time waster, when they literally could have had them get sucked up, but then the Keyblade swarm save them. At least, I'd have rather skipped the whole "same scenes twice in a row" thing
-I get the whole "hearts" thing, but I don't care for how Terra's "spirit" or whatever shows up the second time to save Ven, rather than just doing it the first time. Aqua is ready to fight the first time, but then just gives up. Immediately, everyone gives up because of a massive heartless storm. Really? NOW you're scared? You came all the way out here to defeat these dudes, and NOW you're hopeless? Come on.
-the plot moves at a snails pace until the last 4 hours. They could have done much more throughout, like saving the Keyblade wielders earlier on and letting you play through levels as them to "regain their strength". Or like, you know, seeing what Axle and Kairi are capable of rather than seeing them amount to basically nothing as fighters at the end.
I liked the series, and it has made me become more of a Disney fan. The endings were neato. But I feel they could have done much better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Americans: "Jersey is a thing in France?"
Europeans: "Yes."
Americans: "So New Jersey is based off Jersey?"
Europeans: "Mm hmm."
Americans: "Wait what the heck is a Guernsey?
Europeans: "Sigh..."

KMDP

Smash Legend
[Kairi's] whole character development of, "Now it's my turn to save you" is completely disregarded, when, considering this is the last game of a trilogy, it should probably be tied up.
Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't the final game, nor is it the "last of a trilogy".

It's just the end of the Dark Seeker Saga, there'll be more games after this.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't the final game, nor is it the "last of a trilogy".

It's just the end of the Dark Seeker Saga, there'll be more games after this.
It's by definition the last of the trilogy though. A trilogy is 3 games. Call it what you want, but it's the end of the first 3 main games.

I didn't say it's the final game either. It's just that, if you don't actually close out certain plot points, it seems unfulfilling. Kairi seems entirely weak. Well, many of the characters do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom