• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Is it just me, or does something feel off today?

My question was why do you think God didn't take mercy on me and killed me early in life when I felt out the window as a baby
I mean, I'm pretty sure the only person who can answer that is not in this world, so I don't think you'll ever find an answer to that inquiry.

All you can do is continue to live.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
When are they gonna put Daisy's goddamn picture on one of these tier lists.
If they really feel like having every single character on their tier list.

Daisy would be right next to Peach because she only really has cosmetic changes. I mean there are gameplay "differences" but the hitbox changes and that 0.2% difference on down smash are pretty negligible.

It's why Dark Pit, Richter, and Dark Samus also aren't in as well, even though their differences are more apparent, they're still around the same level as their counterpart.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That's true. I remember dudes going nuts at someone winning Worlds with Patchirisu back in Pokémon ORAS.
What a nice memory.

Pachirisu has declared that Dragons are obsolete.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I agree but isn't the natural way of a fighting game's life to generate a completive scene?

If so shouldn't the characters reflect as much?
The characters do. You're missing my point.

The fact that the Cleveland Browns have been historically terrible for two decades while the New England Patriots have been historically unstoppable for two decades doesn't somehow delegitimize the sport or its competitive value. In every competition there have to be winners and losers. Some teams/characters/whatever will lose more than others. That's just something that has to happen. It's math.

The alternative is to take away unique aspects of every fighter so they're all the same. That's the only way to achieve true parity. Otherwise, characters will have good and bad matchups and some characters will simply have more bad matchups than others because the meta moves further and further away from what makes them unique. Every competitive fighter has to have its Browns and its Patriots.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The characters do. You're missing my point.

The fact that the Cleveland Browns have been historically terrible for two decades while the New England Patriots have been historically unstoppable for two decades doesn't somehow delegitimize the sport or its competitive value. In every competition there have to be winners and losers. Some teams/characters/whatever will lose more than others. That's just something that has to happen. It's math.

The alternative is to take away unique aspects of every fighter so they're all the same. That's the only way to achieve true parity. Otherwise, characters will have good and bad matchups and some characters will simply have more bad matchups than others because the meta moves further and further away from what makes them unique. Every competitive fighter has to have its Browns and its Patriots.
Alrtight I get you.

Don't know what the hell a football is though...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If they really feel like having every single character on their tier list.

Daisy would be right next to Peach because she only really has cosmetic changes. I mean there are gameplay "differences" but the hitbox changes and that 0.2% difference on down smash are pretty negligible.

It's why Dark Pit and Richter also aren't in as well, even though their differences are more apparent, they're still around the same level as Pit and Simon.
Oh I'm aware of why. Still annoying.

Not only did she finally get into Smash, but she's also ****ing top tier and we don't even acknowledge it.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
My trio of mains are :ultrosalina::ultmewtwo::ultridley:and I initially chose them solely because their my favorite characters. After a while, I actually got good with all three.

Aside from them though, I don't feel confident with anyone else.

Maybe I should pick up Marth and Link so I can claim that I main 7 characters on top of the other three. I'd technically master :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultlink::ultyounglink: and :ulttoonlink: just by maining one of the FE characters and one Link.
Just saying, but you can't just be good at Marth and switch to Roy thinking you'd be do just as with him.

Roy and Marth have more changes beyond tipper/reverse tipper (which is already sort of a big deal). They have fundamental differences such as speed, air speed, and moves that make them vastly different in terms of playstyle.

Alot of competitor players know this, so they'll be skepitcal if they only see you playing Marth and you sayt that you can be good with Roy and Chrom too.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm still pretty sad about what happened to :ultkrool: . He peaked too early and a lot of people thought he was super strong and fully capable of taking on the meta, but once the game came out and he didn't live up to the hype he crashed probably as hard as Little Mac did back in Smash 4. He really needs a strong player to show what he can do because as is I don't think his perception among top players will change otherwise, getting a Trela or Zackray would do wonders for him.

D

Deleted member

Can we talk about this AI though?
This is WoL in Hard Mode.
Nairo.gif

Source ( Cursing )
( CPU was at full health and killed itself by doing this. )

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What makes you think that?
Well, why?
Im not sure. I just feel like it would of been better if it did end the other way. Its not like im happy or optimistic in this life right now. Guess you can say "Stay for animal crossing" And Im trying. But it has yet to show up and my will is slipping fast. I just want to at least see it.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultkrool:Does have a bad approach though the crown might be one if that;s even considered an 'approach'

:ultwario:- Great combo game

:ultmarth:-D tier/s

KMDP

Smash Legend
Im not sure. I just feel like it would of been better if it did end the other way. Its not like im happy or optimistic in this life right now. Guess you can say "Stay for animal crossing" And Im trying. But it has yet to show up and my will is slipping fast. I just want to at least see it.
You might think you don't matter and it might have been better had you not been born, but know that you have touched people and you are precious to those people, even in ways you can never know.

It's a Wonderful Life.

D

Deleted member

Well it sounds like your problems are a bit deeper than some randos on smashboards can deal with. I’ve had those sorts of feelings in the past too, and just talking to someone if you think it‘s getting bad does help I find.

D

Deleted member

I literally just grabbed Cloud while he was doing his cross slash at me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay hmm should I really go for :ultyoshi:? Zinith Zinith advice?

He seems like :ultwario: without a insta option at glance. Or am I simplifying too much?

:ultbowser:Crossed my mind but I kinda hate him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom