• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Its apparently impossable for game makers to make practical armor for fighting woman characters from what I saw in this Soul Caliber video. Everything is all skimpy, the breasts have little to no protection and its just all around awful

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Way it is now, there’s 5 different ways DLC can go:
1. Gaming in general
Erdrick/Slime, Steve, Crash, and an Indie character (Sans and Reimu fit here)
2. Gaming in case #1 can't happen
2B/Lara Croft, Tekken/Mortal Kombat (ain’t happening imo), Monster Hunter, Sonic character #2, and an indie/Nintendo character
3. Uniqueness, Japan influence
Yakuza/Travis Touchdown, Touhou Project, Prof. Layton/Phoenix Wright, and a character from Katamari
4. Uniqueness, Western Influence
Dragonborn/Kratos/Doomguy, Second Sonic, Vault Boy, and a requested character (Geno and Banjo fit here)
5. WHY NINTENDO?!?!?! WE WANTED ERDRICK!!!
Fire Emblem character #8, Pokémon character #11, Fortnite default avatar, new Nintendo IP character

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Gaming in general
2. Gaming lower tier
2B/Lara Croft, Tekken/Mortal Kombat (ain’t happening imo), Monster Hunter, Sonic character #2, and an indie/Nintendo character
Yakuza/Travis Touchdown, Touhou Project, Prof. Layton/Phoenix Wright, and a character from Katamari
Dragonborn/Kratos/Doomguy, Second Sonic, Vault Boy, and a requested character (Geno and Banjo fit here)
Fire Emblem character #8, Pokémon character #11, Fortnite default avatar, new Nintendo IP character
Why start a new IP when you can bring back Startropics and add Mike Jones to Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

1. Gaming in general
2. Gaming lower tier
Excuse me:
6. Furry Bait
Chocobo, Zoe Trent, Unikitty, and Doom Kitty

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
1. Gaming in general
2. Gaming lower tier
under which part would Sora be under? Id put him in Gaming in general

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh yeah I forgot number 7: NiNTeNDO!!!!
Cheetahmen, Not Shane, Lester the Unlikely, and a Big Rig

D

Deleted member

1. Gaming in general
2. Gaming lower tier
I really think people are expecting too many 'crazy' out there picks for all 4 DLC characters still yet to be announced, so I feel like #5 there is likely for at least 2 picks. A Fire Emblem character and another Nintendo IP are probably likely. With the Pokemon Switch game to be released in November, I wouldn't be surprised if our last character ends up being a brand new Pokemon either. Remember, they have never, EVER, been a company known for a final 'big reveal' for the last character. Our last for this recent Smash was Ken (which we ALL knew was in) and Incineroar. That's why the Grinch leak gained so much traction; people yet again couldn't believe they'd end on such a weak note (personally I liked those two).

I'm confident in a Square pick (be it Erdrick, Crono, Geno, or Sora however unlikely he is).

Gaming low-tier (debatable on what properties really constitute that) is unlikely (with the exception of a 2nd Sonic character, but that would give us 3 Sega reps)

Uniqueness/Japan influence I feel is more likely (though another Fire Emblem character also fits in that category)

And I feel like the West has been catered to A LOT with this game, so I don't think there will be another purely West influenced character. Characters that are enjoyed by all or are huge icons are more likely or ones they want to use to promote upcoming games. I think that's what we're looking at for the last 4 DLC guys.

Joker got in because Sakurai loved that game and was gushing about it all over the place (and visited their office) last year. Plus that game went over magnificently not only in Japan, but in the West as well. People are looking too deep into it though; they're not all going to be mind blowing reveals. Don't do it again, guys; don't set yourselves up for a cavalcade of 'Holy Sh&%' reveals or the expectation that they're 'going to end big!'.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I really think people are expecting too many 'crazy' out there picks for all 4 DLC characters still yet to be announced, so I feel like #5 there is likely for at least 2 picks. A Fire Emblem character and another Nintendo IP are probably likely. With the Pokemon Switch game to be released in November, I wouldn't be surprised if our last character ends up being a brand new Pokemon either. Remember, they have never, EVER, been a company known for a final 'big reveal' for the last character. Our last for this recent Smash was Ken (which we ALL knew was in) and Incineroar. That's why the Grinch leak gained so much traction; people yet again couldn't believe they'd end on such a weak note (personally I liked those two).

I'm confident in a Square pick (be it Erdrick, Crono, Geno, or Sora however unlikely he is).

Gaming low-tier (debatable on what properties really constitute that) is unlikely (with the exception of a 2nd Sonic character, but that would give us 3 Sega reps)

Uniqueness/Japan influence I feel is more likely (though another Fire Emblem character also fits in that category)

And I feel like the West has been catered to A LOT with this game, so I don't think there will be another purely West influenced character. Characters that are enjoyed by all or are huge icons are more likely or ones they want to use to promote upcoming games. I think that's what we're looking at for the last 4 DLC guys.

Joker got in because Sakurai loved that game and was gushing about it all over the place (and visited their office) last year. Plus that game went over magnificently not only in Japan, but in the West as well. People are looking too deep into it though; they're not all going to be mind blowing reveals. Don't do it again, guys; don't set yourselves up for a cavalcade of 'Holy Sh&%' reveals or the expectation that they're 'going to end big!'.
Minor nitpick but: Wouldn't a second Sonic character be a our fourth SEGA fighter after Sonic, Bayo and Joker?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
But were they strong words, or just stronk?
Same difference

I don't regret saying anything.

Just because you became a God Emperor when you ascended and I because an Eldritch Horror God when I ascended doesn't mean I won't whap you on the head, yoshi.
And like an Eldritch Horror you're all bark and no bite :yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't regret saying anything.

Just because you became a God Emperor when you ascended and I because an Eldritch Horror God when I ascended doesn't mean I won't whap you on the head, yoshi.
Kirby can kill both ruler gods and eldrich gods, what's your point?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yoshi has no bite either as he goes straight for the kill, cutting out the middle man :yoshi:
So does Yoshi decide who lives and dies when he turns them into eggs? Like... the difference between eating a shy guy and a Smash fighter. What would you call that god power?

D

Deleted member

Imagine spending 15 ****ing dollars on a smash bros forum

This post made by the regular user gang

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Imagine spending 15 ****ing dollars on a smash bros forum

This post made by the regular user gang
I spent 5 and it should be running out sometime soon hahahahahahahahahaha

But I'll probably do the 15 when I renew anyway, I thought I'd have fallen off the SB train by now but I think it's therapeutic for me to be here at this point.

D

Deleted member

I spent 5 and it should be running out sometime soon hahahahahahahahahaha

But I'll probably do the 15 when I renew anyway, I thought I'd have fallen off the SB train by now but I think it's therapeutic for me to be here at this point.
Correction: Imagine spending 20 ****ing dollars on a smash bros forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom