• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ganondorf didn't commit genocide for ya'll to say the anorexic space dragon is more evil

Are you meaning to say it's good or that it's bad? Sorry, I legit can't understand the contradictions of "bomb" in English slang

I'd leak the roster since Brawl, 100% accurately but I'd always include Piranha Plant as well so when she would finally get confirmed for Ultimate the implosion would be even bigger.
Looper is a damn good movie. Damn good. Rian Johnsons best probably.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm still waiting on somebody to make the "Nobody is Here!" trailer.

I'd love for somebody to make the Nobody is Here trailer, and then overlay it onto say, Etika's reaction. So you'd have Etika destroy his shelf the moment that the words, "NOBODY IS HERE!" show up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh no, I’m getting those “prize” redirections again, oh ****.

Who’s the character on the far right?
think about it...
think about it...
It's Unikitty

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
DLC Boss Fight:

Master Ear. Turns other people into an ear. Everybody is Ear.

Discuss. I'm telling Sakurai to do this as we speak.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Remember how one of Sakurai's only english tweets was to tell us to shut the **** up?
Kinda shines a bad light on the western Smash community.
I'm glad I don't view myself as a part of that collective, despite being a Western fan by default.

In fact, screw fan identification. Let's just go back to liking things normally without labels. Those always paint individuals badly beyond good intentions.

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute
does everyone actually hate non-lego Unikitty?
cuz I think she's a qt

Pakky

Smash Hero
What do you all look for in a stong female character in terms of personality?

D

Deleted member

staindgrey staindgrey
Just a question: is Heero actually trying to kill her in the original Gundam or is that original to your abridged series? Because I've seen the photoset of the scene where he rips the invintation in half and tells he'll kill her countless times on my dash already.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Agency.

Too many times a character that people are trying to convince you is strong through appearance or gritty one-liners or whatever has their "strength" undermined by the story not actually giving them any agency in their actions. The plot happens to them rather than because of them.

This can apply to characters of any gender, but female characters get it more often by default due to being written primarily by men or not being the protagonist.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Prediction on how the future will pan out:

I am not psychic. Go ask someone else please.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Universally-independent way of thinking, like everyone else. A strong female character is a character that's always ahead of the curve and can decide for themselves. Fate is in their hands and if a situation is out of their control, it's just miscalculation and environmental factors. It applies to anyone and everyone regardless of gender, but that's how I define a "strong" female character.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Not being defined by her gender identity and not being completely flawless for no reason other than pandering. Very few pieces of entertainment media accurately depict a female character. There are struggles that exist that are unique to women, but a lot of writers seem to fall short when trying to introduce them to their character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom