• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I apologize. I didn't mean for that to be a "look at me and ask me what's going on because I didn't go into detail" post. I just didn't want to go into detail.

I'm just tired of putting out fires and validating people and basically playing mama hen for every goddamn person I know. I'm tired of my roommate who's taking advantage of my kindness, I'm tired of every friend and friend of a friend feeling victimized for something and thinking I'm the one to confide in and fix it, I'm tired of paying for everything for my brother because he can't hold a job, and I'm tired of having everyone rely on me while I get to rely on absolutely nobody else.

And recently, not pointing any fingers at anybody but, this feeling has crossed over into my favorite forum, and I'm just... getting tired of putting out internet fires too. I just want to relax and ****post with my friends for a bit. I don't want to keep coming in to find X said something offensive to Y but X doesn't see it that way so we have three pages of people taking sides.
My consolations.

So what sorta topic is happening this time?
Nope nope nope not gonna talk about that again.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'll apologize for dragging that thing out for too long, it's just when I'm feeling good with myself, reading **** like that makes me get really volatile because sudeenly I'm not feeling so good with myself anymore.
But I should also consider how others want to feel good with themselves as well so I'm sorry that I put you and others who had nothing to do with it in a bad mood.
No, I get it. I've done the same. And thank you for your apology, too. I assume that the topic is very personal to you and it's natural for you to get heated over it. (Side note, if you ever want to bring the topic to PMs, I'm totally available to listen.)

I'm not faulting anyone here, and I don't want to make this about me. I just needed a moment to admit how I felt and I got that moment. We're all good.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
See I apologize for causing you grief however. I'm not responsible for what others blow out of context and continue to do with various other users.

I am sorry that they can't see the world as anything other than a vile place out to get them, but that's not my problem.
I think it's best if we drop the topic right now.

D

Deleted member

You mean to tell us it’s been 301 pages since the Cult discussions?!

Time flies when your posting here huh?
Gangs are not cults though. Unless I missed an actual cult discussion and I'm getting those mixed up

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
These god damn mother****ers.

ninto tweeted about Joker in smash and I thought it was a preview of him, the stage and music that comes with him
The replies to the tweet are kind of annoying.

Like, they've been really up front about the five characters being decided already and about how you shouldn't spam character requests on twitter, and then they're doing just that in the replies.

Looking at you, Bandana Brigade.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Gangs are not cults though. Unless I missed an actual cult discussion and I'm getting those mixed up
Yeah I think we change topics every other page around here.

There were so many cults.

I blame last weeks direct.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean to be fair, gangs and cults are very similar, especially in how they go about recruitment and how there are serious repercussions for trying to leave.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Like, they've been really up front about the five characters being decided already and about how you shouldn't spam character requests on twitter, and then they're doing just that in the replies.

i dont understand how they see Sakurai say In English "Please dont spam me with requests" then they go "Oh, Bet" and then do it anyway like stupid ass kids with no manners. I have very very VERY little respect for people like that

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember how one of Sakurai's only english tweets was to tell us to shut the **** up?
Kinda shines a bad light on the western Smash community.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

The thing about Twitter is the more Nintendo's tweets get replied to and mentioned and circulated the more effective the post is. Even though those replies basically ignored what Nintendo said, Nintendo still benefits from them being active.

Yeah it's annoying, but "any press is good press" or however that saying goes.

D

Deleted member

I mean to be fair, gangs and cults are very similar, especially in how they go about recruitment and how there are serious repercussions for trying to leave.
Becoming a cultstar doesn't have the same ring to it though.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I apologize. I didn't mean for that to be a "look at me and ask me what's going on because I didn't go into detail" post. I just didn't want to go into detail.

I'm just tired of putting out fires and validating people and basically playing mama hen for every goddamn person I know. I'm tired of my roommate who's taking advantage of my kindness, I'm tired of every friend and friend of a friend feeling victimized for something and thinking I'm the one to confide in and fix it, I'm tired of paying for everything for my brother because he can't hold a job, and I'm tired of having everyone rely on me while I get to rely on absolutely nobody else.

And recently, not pointing any fingers at anybody but, this feeling has crossed over into my favorite forum, and I'm just... getting tired of putting out internet fires too. I just want to relax and ****post with my friends for a bit. I don't want to keep coming in to find X said something offensive to Y but X doesn't see it that way so we have three pages of people taking sides.
Well since we’re all apologizing now...

Although I not fully aware of anything I caused on this site, I do feel like I do owe an apology in case any of my comments rubbed people the wrong way (this applies to anyone who is reading this message).

I don’t recall ever being called out for such behavior, but I know people can still be affected by the words people say and simply not post about it.

So if that’s the case, then I offer my sincerest apologies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The thing about Twitter is the more Nintendo's tweets get replied to and mentioned and circulated the more effective the post is. Even though those replies basically ignored what Nintendo said, Nintendo still benefits from them being active.

Yeah it's annoying, but "any press is good press" or however that saying goes.
well sakurai telling us to shut the **** up sure wasnt effective, thats for sure

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Right, abridged series
*Has about 4 on queue*
God this is worse than following seasonal anime
As someone with family members and loved ones who are in or used to be a part of gangs, they are EXACTLY the same
Ya'll, I'm sorry, I was trying to make a joke about the gang spam from yesterday I didn't know it was this serious of an issue.

D

Deleted member

So I found the blank version of the Everyone is Here! banner and resized it
Banner.png
I expect memes by Friday

D

Deleted member

Man, I just check to see how the thread is doing, and then I see this. Bloody hell.

Anyway I just played like 2 hours of Xenoblade 1. I think the moment where I accidentally jumped off a fence and I landed on the bottom of the town, but it was fully modelled and you could walk around was where I realised the scope of this game, really cool. Maybe would have been a bit cooler if I didn’t then spend the next 15 minutes trying to find a way back up and then get one shot by a fish.

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A
And that's where I can't really argue anything. All I've got is the idea that Piranha Plant was planned to either be a base roster character, or separate from the DLC pass characters. He was already in development before Ultimate released for some time, so his name in the files is literally his name. This is kind of moving the goalposts, but Plant is undeniably separate from the Fighter's pass, so who's to say the codename could not reflect this? I just question all of this because again, "jack" is not a direct reference to Joker, so why would he be the odd one out?

Edit: Others vocalized my Plant retort faster than I did, but you understand.
I see what you mean. As we know by now, with the DQ Hero class being called "Yuusha" in Japan, which directly translates to "Brave”, it simply makes Erdrick a likely candidate but it was never a guarantee.

I mean we’ll just have to see.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Looking back a New Vegas, wow is everything else from Bethedsta just a mess or what?

House is one of the best characters I've think I've ever encountered.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far. Audrey is my favourite character
Ha.

That actually makes me really happy. We've probably tried the hardest writing her because we want to have a strong female lead, but we're two guys writing the show. We've had a lot of input from her actor and the other girls on our team.

I actually can't wait until ep.8 when she comes back to the forefront. She's a challenge I really enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom