• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Can we drop the arguments and accusations, please? It seems like all of this was blown way out of proportion at some point along the line.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Dude, he literally said "they're ugly, they look like men" in the same sentence. I'm not calling him a transphobe but what he said definitely was
So you're just going to ignore like the six explanations I gave and stick to you're own narrative?

Whew...

D

Deleted member

What'd I do? D:
did i stutter
ALL OF YOU GUYS SUCK
i hate literally everybody and everything ever except for this one fictional character

that's right you heard me
im mean now
/s

Last edited by a moderator:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I don't see why they wouldn't. Most public schools block pretty much all social sites until, like, college.
Heck, and even colleges have their limitations. Don't even get me started in how it's impossible to hook up a videogame console to their wifis for whatever reason. :U

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
did i stutter
ALL OF YOU GUYS SUCK
i hate literally everybody and everything ever except for this one fictional character

that's right you heard me
im mean now
/s
WELL, YOU KNOW WHAT FINE.
IMG_20190218_230314.jpg

NOW YOU GET TO SEE THIS. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY THAT YOU PUSHED ME THIS FAR.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I just wanted to know how to beat beaver bother, why are people reading political statements into my posts when all I wanna do is play DK64?
I have no horse in the race as far as how the statement was "meant" to be taken, but **** like this is not a good look for the rest of us.

Literally use the ignore button if it's bothering you that much. Pointing it out over and over/antagonizing the other side isn't the way to handle anything.

-

In case it was missed:

Can we drop the arguments and accusations, please? It seems like all of this was blown way out of proportion at some point along the line.
Use reports/private messages/forum support from here on out, it will be reviewed/dealt with as soon as we can.

Anyone else bringing it up in the thread again will face consequences.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
So I'm feeling skeptical today. Are we jumping the gun on who "brave" refers to? We assume "jack" must be Joker, through context. But if we didn't know Joker was being added, would we assume that just from the codename? "Jack" is an indirect reference to Joker at best, and this is why I'm skeptical of "brave" right now. Thing is, saying "brave" is Erdrick is a direct reference to him. Yet, "jack" is not a direct reference to Joker. We already knew about Joker, so why would "brave" be such an obvious assumption by comparison? If the purpose of a codename is to obscure the referent, then why would "brave" be so transparent as to be easily grasped by anyone who understands Dragon Quest?

My point is, the name "brave" being Erdrick is surprisingly obvious as a reference to who it is, which would seem to defeat the purpose of the codename in the first place. Hence, I believe that "brave" is not Erdrick. And due to the nature of the codename, I would be unable to specify an immediate alternative.

Of course, I could be completely incorrect, and I'll take the L if that happens.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

So I'm feeling skeptical today. Are we jumping the gun on who "brave" refers to? We assume "jack" must be Joker, through context. But if we didn't know Joker was being added, would we assume that just from the codename? "Jack" is an indirect reference to Joker at best, and this is why I'm skeptical of "brave" right now. Thing is, saying "brave" is Erdrick is a direct reference to him. Yet, "jack" is not a direct reference to Joker. We already knew about Joker, so why would "brave" be such an obvious assumption by comparison? If the purpose of a codename is to obscure the referent, then why would "brave" be so transparent as to be easily grasped by anyone who understands Dragon Quest?

My point is, the name "brave" being Erdrick is surprisingly obvious as a reference to who it is, which would seem to defeat the purpose of the codename in the first place. Hence, I believe that "brave" is not Erdrick. And due to the nature of the codename, I would be unable to specify an immediate alternative.

Of course, I could be completely incorrect, and I'll take the L if that happens.
honestly yeah, it's just that people still believe an se rep is coming soon because of verge's comments so if you look at the 7 characters then erdrick is most likely to be brave

however this kinda falls flat when you realize verge also said the se rep was coming first not soon, and also apparently his main source gave him the info on the direct, and by god that info was wroooong

so people are just kinda sticking with what they thought, which is fair

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
you think this deters me??? i hope you know that i in fact LOVE this image
WELL THEN i guess i'm out of luck, ****

i still don't suck though : (((

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
honestly yeah, it's just that people still believe an se rep is coming soon because of verge's comments so if you look at the 7 characters then erdrick is most likely to be brave

however this kinda falls flat when you realize verge also said the se rep was coming first not soon, and also apparently his main source gave him the info on the direct, and by god that info was wroooong

so people are just kinda sticking with what they thought, which is fair
Yeah, speculation seems to have a long history of people assuming something for quite a while until those assumptions are disproved. I just hope that we can try to avoid those same mistakes and consider alternatives, since settling on one outcome long before it's confirmed can be quite tiresome, imo.
Plus I just hope it's not Erdrick so people will still be surprised.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

oh also i forgot to mention that there's also a theory that brave was meant to be announced first, so that would still make verge's comments that an se rep is coming first still fit, and if there's still an se rep at this point it's probably erdrick

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
ah, speculation seems to have a long history of people assuming something for quite a while until those assumptions are disproved. I just hope that we can try to avoid those same mistakes and consider alternatives, since settling on one outcome long before it's confirmed can be quite tiresome, imo.
Yeah, that's one thing that's tiring about speculation in Smash. Even if a theory turns out to be right (ala Box Theory), it's still tiring having all the wars and/or shutting down conversation because "we already know who it is".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom