• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Who're the characters you can't play to save your life?

For me it's :ultbayonetta::ultryu::ultken::ultsheik::ultshulk:
Same believe it or not. Well actually, I can play Ryu for some reason, but I always lose with Ken. Which is bizarre. Shiek I can play well. But yeah, the other three I suck with.

D

Deleted member

Maybe we can discuss who we all think who the final 4 DLC fighters will be and why?

I'm still pretty certain on Steve being in but otherwise while Erdrick still has a shot I feel his chances had dropped since the Direct.
Erdrick went from "basically guaranteed" to "still super likely but we'll see" for me. Honestly we actually have no idea if we're getting an MS rep but if we do it's Steve.

D

Deleted member

Completely Off-Topic, but...

People say competitive smash is toxic. Do not get me wrong, it can be. Other Smash fans can be just as toxic too.
Also if the competitive smash community is so "toxic", then why does Nintendo sponsor them?

D

Deleted member

Robin. They're the only character I don't know how to play. I spent lots and lots of time back in Smash3DS learning how to play them all, but Robin. . . Never worked out.

D

Deleted member

Saw the Emoji movie. Was mediocre. Don't get the hate either. Vastly overstated. I only saw one real thing wrong, and that was a character who got the short end of the stick for no reason other than "it's cruel". Wasn't greatly written, but I wouldn't even call it bad. Just "eh". It's literally easy to describe it as "meh".
I think people are more so mad at what the movie stands for rather than the movie itself which is more so just middle of the road.

If you want a movie that's as bad on its own without the corporate cynicism, then it's definitely foodfight. Even if it somehow didn't have the absolutely atrocious animation it'd still be a terrible movie. Everything it in it just terrible. Most of the time it's not even laughably bad, when I watched through it last week I more often than not just wanted it to end. It's so boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

lol just speed art sh aerials easy win 4head

Jokes aside though, it's gotta be :ultlink:. Which is a shame because I love him, but I don't have enough brain cells to manage his bomb play optimally. Oh, and of course :ultsnake: since he's Link's bomb play in the shape of a character lmao

D

Deleted member

Robin. They're the only character I don't know how to play. I spent lots and lots of time back in Smash3DS learning how to play them all, but Robin. . . Never worked out.
False Sense False Sense would like to have a word with you. Last time I played him ( a while ago ), his Robin destroyed me to pieces smaller than a quark.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I'm convinced that literally anyone can make Dimitri look good unless they work on Three Houses itself.

And on that note, some nice fanart from DiceSMS on reddit. :p

D

Deleted member

I can't predict who we're getting, but I will predict this.

It won't be Microsoft.
You are desperate for Sans' aren't you? :lol:
Bass-boosted Windows XP startup theme for Smash.
R.I.P my eardrums.
So I'm convinced that literally anyone can make Dimitri look good unless they work on Three Houses itself.

Three Houses should of had that style. I love it!

Iridium

Smash Hero
I want to see what storm I might start. Who would you all think is the best player of each (if you can get them all) character on this site?

This is making me jealous in a way.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Poor Dmitri. One House has a hot chick, one House has a hot guy, and one House has Spaghetti head.

D

Deleted member

I want to see what storm I might start. Who would you all think is the best player of each (if you can get them all) character on this site?
Competitive players have accounts on this website, but they never use them anymore.

D

Deleted member

Oh **** I also forgot :ultlittlemac:

Mostly because I hate how he plays and his moveset design and thus always have a horrible negative mindset of "I'm gonna get destroyed" once I start a serious match with him and thus always lose

But tbf it is awful character design, "Hey you know how people love smash because of how cool and unique it is that you can go offstage, under the stage, on platforms, have aerial engagements, and so on and so forth??? Let's make a character who just can't do any of that"

D

Deleted member

The best spike in the game is Shulk's DAir because the first hit just builds so much the anticipation by letting your opponent know their fate has been sealed and there's nothing they can do now other than accept death.

D

Deleted member

Mostly because I hate how he plays and his moveset design and thus always have a horrible negative mindset of "I'm gonna get destroyed" once I start a serious match with him and thus always lose

But tbf is is awful character design, "Hey you know how people love smash because of how cool and unique it is that you can go offstage, under the stage, on platforms, have aerial engagements, and so on and so forth??? Let's make a character who just can't do any of that"
You can probably play him fine he just sucks.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Favorite cereal.
F90C75F3-9612-4120-861D-EF4BC327CD55.jpeg
Nothing Smash related at this point until more DLC news comes.

Like that Direct couldn't had even given us a small tease?
we don’t need Smash to discuss about on a Smash related website
Uh............

Strange Spirits?

Works like regular spirits but they count KOs.
hm...we need a Time Stone and a PhD to deal with those
String theory.
String is OP
Something in my wheelhouse...

But I have to go in a little bit, so...
Yoshi’s taxes yet to be paid
Why the Emoji Movie is my favorite movie
uh...
9DBD1BC2-8C49-489D-AFBE-72FA44931470.gif

Might as well ask something unnecessary. What's your favorite spike in the game? Link's is obviously mine.
CF29FE16-CAD7-4B78-BE49-82315A626FF1.png

Lemme see...
IDK Yet: Joker and the 4 unknown dlc characters...for now of course (like the rest of y’all)
Literally can’t play: :ultryu::ultken::ultsnake::ulticeclimbers::ultpeach::ultdaisy:
Literally won’t play: :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultdiddy::ultike::ultness::ultolimar:
Can’t really play but can win a game or two with them: :ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1::ultbowserjr::ultdk::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmegaman::ultmewtwo::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultridley::ultrob::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:
Can/Love To Play: :ultbowser::ultcorrinf::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::ultlink::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultdarkpit::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsonic::ulttoonlink:
Will Play The **** Out Of: :ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Erdrick went from "basically guaranteed" to "still super likely but we'll see" for me. Honestly we actually have no idea if we're getting an MS rep but if we do it's Steve.
Wasn't there something about people mistaking Erdrick for Smash with something else for another fighting game?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

:ultshulk: :ultolimar:mainly
Also :ultsheik::ultinkling: and :ultgnw: with the new changes.

There are also a fair number of characters in the cast that I'm pretty ham-handed with. Not 'bad' per se, but more "meh, I don't really care about them enough to get better."

I'd love to be better with :ultsonic::ultfox: though

D

Deleted member

Poor Dmitri. One House has a hot chick, one House has a hot guy, and one House has Spaghetti head.
I know, Dmitri pales in comparison to Edelgard and Claude.

Can you imagine if Dmitri looked like this though?
Dmitri.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm still standing out on Erdrick and Steve.

More I think about it too good chance the other two might not be an Gen 8 Pokemon and Byleth/Edelgard.

D

Deleted member

But tbf is is awful character design, "Hey you know how people love smash because of how cool and unique it is that you can go offstage, under the stage, on platforms, have aerial engagements, and so on and so forth??? Let's make a character who just can't do any of that"
Pretty much this. Little Mac wouldn't suck so much if he could do literally anything in the air. But even if you get good with him, there's the problem that someone with the same skill level will most likely when. Why? Because everyone's familiar with little mac's weaknesses, even really casual players are.

It's just too much of a weakness. Like, sure, he's strong on the ground, but so are a bunch of other characters that aren't useless in any form of air. Which will be a lot considering it's smash. There's characters who hate going in the air in other fighters, but they aren't useless because the air isn't as vital as it is in smash.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't there something about people mistaking Erdrick for Smash with something else for another fighting game?
yeah but that's completely unsubstantiated speculation that sounds fake and gay

I mean there's no way in hell you could confuse a DQ game character in a 2D fighting game for a completely different DQ anime character in a 3D fighting game developed by a completely different studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom