• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
As a fun fact, his battle theme has been in Smash ever since Brawl.
I've always felt: "Of all the character themes they could have picked, why that one?"

I mean I like the song but still.
So THAT’S where it’s from. I’ve heard Lucahjin quote that all the time but I never knew what that was from before.
And now you know.

And knowing is half the battle!

G.I. JOE

I think I've heard Danny from Game Grumps use it as well.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Despite my massive distaste towards FE, it does sound fancy and regal, if that's the right words.
*current sad mentality*
I believe the word you're looking for is "Baroque", which I think is the era of music Oliver's theme is meant to evoke (it's the Harpsichord).

Someone more knowledgeable about music could probably go into more detail or correct me.

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
I'm seriously baffled as to why so many people take tier lists serious in this game. "Leffen ranked half the roster list as ****, I'm definitely not playing these characters anymore." Just no.

D

Deleted member

Interesting. . .
French schools are no longer permitted to use the terms 'mother' or 'father' on their documents, and instead must use the terms 'parent 1', and 'parent 2', so as not to discriminate against same-sex couples. That's nice, I think.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
April can't get here any sooner...

Though on the other hand. Overlord is coming out on disc tomorrow. Can't wait to get a hold of that! :grin:

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Might as well ask something unnecessary. What's your favorite spike in the game? Link's is obviously mine.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Might as well ask something unnecessary. What's your favorite spike in the game? Link's is obviously mine.
Link's is pretty good.

Does Dr. Mario's down air spike? Because that might be mine.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Emoji Movie.

Few weeks ago I decided to take the challenge and watch that atrocity to see how bad it truly was.

And it was pretty bad. So bad that I couldn't go five minutes in until I stopped watching. I was rendered braindead and in physical pain. If I had watched more I probably would had grabbed a fork and stabbed it into my eyes.

D

Deleted member

I'm seriously baffled as to why so many people take tier lists serious in this game. "Leffen ranked half the roster list as ****, I'm definitely not playing these characters anymore." Just no.
There's definitely some truth to tier lists depending on how much data they're considering. Not familiar with the smash competitive community I admit, but I don't think this list is series considering that Richter is tiers apart from Simon despite being exactly the same character with one trivial difference gameplay wise.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You're making a lot of bold statements for someone who completely misunderstood the context.

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
There's definitely some truth to tier lists depending on how much data they're considering. Not familiar with the smash competitive community I admit, but I don't think this list is series considering that Richter is tiers apart from Simon despite being exactly the same character with one trivial difference gameplay wise.
He's making fun of people who create tier lists.

D

Deleted member

Donkey Kong Fair because godDAMN is it satisfying to hit just the tip

Also Shulk Dair is sooooo fun, like "oh you think you can pressure me at ledge like that I'll just drag you down to the shadow realm"

And of course there's the ol' reliable Aether/Chromicide, but doing it in a way that you grab the ledge but they still plummet to their death is also very satisfying. You can feel the salt emanating from them, as they thought they could simply intercept your awful recover suuuper easily. They thought wrong.

And lastly, the classic Ganon Goomba stomp. Yeah, it's functionally the same as Falcon's but it's got purple lightning this time :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit's and Bowser's. It's probably bias for me.
For Pit, his D-air spike is weak, and your opponent might come back up, but with the right timing and situation, you can hit em again and watch em struggle as they're being sent down to the Underworld.

For Bowser, his new D-air spike is kinda actually hard to get a spike KO with. You'd have to be near the ledge and get em with the earlier frames of D-air as you make em fall. A spike with a spike if you will.
I think Bowser Bomb also spikes in some situations, but again, trying to do these spikes without SDing, let alone landing the spike, is a challenge.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maybe we can discuss who we all think who the final 4 DLC fighters will be and why?

I'm still pretty certain on Steve being in but otherwise while Erdrick still has a shot I feel his chances had dropped since the Direct.

D

Deleted member

He's making fun of people who create tier lists.
Well that's what I figured, I thought you were complaining about how ridiculous his tier list was though, so that's my bad. I didn't see the quotes. SMH.

But yeah, tier lists from one person's personal experience is pretty dumb. That being said I think tier lists based on stuff such as character advantages makes sense. Because characters do have inherent advantages over eachother.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Emoji Movie.

Few weeks ago I decided to take the challenge and watch that atrocity to see how bad it truly was.

And it was pretty bad. So bad that I couldn't go five minutes in until I stopped watching. I was rendered braindead and in physical pain. If I had watched more I probably would had grabbed a fork and stabbed it into my eyes.
You missed the consumerism that's the best part!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Saw the Emoji movie. Was mediocre. Don't get the hate either. Vastly overstated. I only saw one real thing wrong, and that was a character who got the short end of the stick for no reason other than "it's cruel". Wasn't greatly written, but I wouldn't even call it bad. Just "eh". It's literally easy to describe it as "meh".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom