• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Let the man play how he wants.

Personally I miss how in the first three MGS games you had one location that you gradually explored over time. None of the locations in MGS4 were especially memorable (except for Shadow Moses obviously) because you didn't get to be there for too long.
Yeah MGS4's locales aren't particularly memorable, you can sorta just blitz through them without much trouble. A bizarrely large amount of wide open spaces for a close-quarters style sneaking series.

If it's a choice between that or getting spotted by enemies while I'm motionless and have a 70+% camo rating, then I'll take the less frustrating option.
Camo only works at a distance and when you're not moving or making sounds. Learning when you can and can't expose yourself's part of the fun of MGS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, there’s this lady at the con, think, maybe 40 years old, and she has no arms, but she still has hands, and they’re really tiny.

Gah, I don’t know how to feel about that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Guys, there’s this lady at the con, think, maybe 40 years old, and she has no arms, but she still has hands, and they’re really tiny.

Gah, I don’t know how to feel about that.
So she has like... hands attached to her shoulder...?

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I played Banjo Kazooie for a few hours, got about halfway through Treasure Trove Cove.

It’s really fun. I can see why people say it’s a great classic platformer. It reminded me of when I first played Odyssey.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'm just waiting until we get the spiritual successor to these two.

Here's to hoping the fanservice isn't too obnoxious this time, although the design for female Byleth isn't too promising.
I wouldn’t mind another Tharja-like character, honestly. She’s one of my favorite characters solely because her sex appeal masks her morbid personality, making her one of the funniest characters in Awakening.

I’ve yet to play Fates, though, so I can’t really say much for Camilla (despite the fact that she’s thee one with the most alts I have in Heroes).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I played Banjo Kazooie for a few hours, got about halfway through Treasure Trove Cove.

It’s really fun. I can see why people say it’s a great classic platformer. It reminded me of when I first played Odyssey.
I’m glad you’re enjoying it so far, unfortunately the next world is a bit of a difficulty spike but it gets better about that past that world. I’m just letting you know.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Nowadays when I replay BK I prefer doing Bubblegloop Swamp before Clanker's Cavern. The difficulty curve feels more fair that way.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The difficulty spike really caught me off guard. The levels become more difficult and music notes become 10x harder to find.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I wouldn’t mind another Tharja-like character, honestly. She’s one of my favorite characters solely because her sex appeal masks her morbid personality, making her one of the funniest characters in Awakening.
I always thought it was the exact opposite honestly.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Also putting it out there as a newbie to Banjo-Tooie. Hailfire Peaks needs to be in Smash.

Best track from Banjo-Tooie, fight me.

D

Deleted member

Just got done talking with the VA of Bowser and Mickey Mouse! It was loads of fun.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why are cars so expensive holy ****

I’m trying to learn to drive but it’s gonna be for nothing if I can’t afford a damn vehicle

StormC

Smash Hero
Family friend is visiting and told me "I saw Spider-Verse and loved it, I had no idea an animated movie could be so good!"

...I didn't tell them I'm going to work in the animation industry.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Family friend is visiting and told me "I saw Spider-Verse and loved it, I had no idea an animated movie could be so good!"

Me and my friends be like:
"Hey wanna watch a movie?"
"Oh, a real movie or one of those cartoons?"
Me with tickets to Dragonball Super- Broly:
sweat.gif

Why are cars so expensive holy ****

I’m trying to learn to drive but it’s gonna be for nothing if I can’t afford a damn vehicle
Because they're a mechanical miracle and because one could theoretically last you for a large portion of your life.
Their expensiveness is also why there's so many used-cars sales, renting, and financing options available.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Woah there gamer

2d or 3d

Noipoi

Howdy!

Woah

I wanna be in the animation industry!

That’s pretty epic, gamer.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I've always preferred animation, tbh

There's a lot more you could do with it compared to regular live action

You're no longer as limited when it comes to trying to fit into realism and you can go absolutely bonkers with stuff.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I saw the Three Houses opening, and...

Pardon my language, but Jesus Christ. If you showed that to fans back when Fates was going through its whole localization controversy and said it was from the very next Fire Emblem, you would have been called a liar or a shill trying to defend Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom