• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I totally agree with your take on The Addams Family; we have too many generic animated films floating around nowadays.
Yup all because kids nowadays would rather watch fart jokes and slapstick comedy rather then an good story with drama and heart to it.

Also that's okay. Not every movie is for everyone (Referring to Gemini Man).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yup all because kids nowadays would rather watch fart jokes and slapstick comedy rather then an good story with drama and heart to it.

Also that's okay. Not every movie is for everyone (Referring to Gemini Man).
*looks at how GotG doesn't really seem to care about the serious moments of it's movies whereas Thor Ragnarok was ****ing excellent there*
The kettle called and said you're black

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
*looks at how GotG doesn't really seem to care about the serious moments of it's movies whereas Thor Ragnarok was ****ing excellent there*
The kettle called and said you're black
Without trying to be repetitive again

What makes Guardians work is it fits its tone and style especially given its 80s vibe and starring a talking raccoon and humanoid tree. How more silly can that be?

But what makes it work is at the same time it has a heart to it and surprisingly have very emotional moments and seriousness to it at times. Remember Peter watching his mother die? Remember Yondu's death and funeral? Oh yes not serious at all.

Something Thor: Ragnarok didn't have.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
What really helps is I basically don't see it as an Joker movie but more of an Elseworld version of the character. This isn't the Joker we all know whose life is still a mystery but this particular Joker's origin as with other versions.
Not a single movie cinematic Marvel/DC is considered canon

So your approach to the Joker movie shouldn't be any different from the other movies

'sides, comic book characters have multiple versions of themselves and orgins either way

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Watching my 8 year old nephew play Link's Awakening on Switch for the first time...

It took him forever to find the sword.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Cause... It was to go "Hey there are more people who know the music than where it's from so the same may apply to you"
Oh. I see.

None of these songs sounded familiar tbh.

Imagine a person judges your favorite series based on fan/meme remixes. Because aside from UN Owen, that what those were. Anyway, this is my personal favorite Touhou songs. Keep in mind, the franchise has an absurd amount of music tracks (easily over 400), so just about everyone will have different favorites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETTk83qis0w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhlXhaS3OkU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWNDB1juaeo
Ok, these songs sound nice, but not mindblowing. Plus the last two are over 10 minutes long

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Without trying to be repetitive again.

What makes Guardians work is it fits its tone and style especially given its 80s vibe and starring a talking raccoon and humanoid tree. How more silly can that be?

But what makes it work is at the same time it has a heart to it and surprisingly have very emotional moments and seriousness to it at times.

Something Thor: Ragnarok didn't have.
Nah fam GotG1 absolutely didn't have a serious bone in it's entire body. Even during the darkest hour it didn't care about it. Compare to Thor having to move on after the death of Odin and having a bittersweet ending that became completely bitter because of Infinity War is more heart than most of the MCU

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Have to say, Nintendo going to fan remixers rather than to ZUN or having their own musicians do remixes sounds off to me. They’ve never done that before.

Doesn’t affect credibility or anything, but that seems off.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nah fam GotG1 absolutely didn't have a serious bone in it's entire body. Even during the darkest hour it didn't care about it. Compare to Thor having to move on after the death of Odin and having a bittersweet ending that became completely bitter because of Infinity War is more heart than most of the MCU
Despite Thor: Ragnarok not having breathing room that kept having an joke happening every less 5 minutes (Which continues to happen after Odin's death) notably Korg with Asgard's destruction.

You know an civilization about to end but proceeds to keep making constant jokes and quips every moment.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Have to say, Nintendo going to fan remixers rather than to ZUN or having their own musicians do remixes sounds off to me. They’ve never done that before.

Touhou exists almost exclusively out of fanmade content and the idea of bringing im fans to make official remixes in it is surprisingly fitting. Whether it's real or not remains to be seen of course
Despite Thor: Ragnarok not having breathing room that kept having an joke happening every less 5 minutes (Which continues to happen after Odin's death) notably Korg with Asgard's destruction.

You know an civilization about to end but proceeds to keep making constant jokes and quips every moment.
It had breathing room lmao, it's not a Joss Whedon movie. Not to mention a comedy having jokes meaning it's bad is a surprising take

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nope. Nope. Nope.

Thinking before posting this time. I'm'a gonna stop there before this turns into another trainwreck.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This was a joke but it actually gave me a revelation pertaining to the mii costumes

We've got costumes for SEGA, namco, and capcom at this point. No square costumes but that's probably due to squarenanigans. No microsoft costumes for ??? reasons, who knows it doesn't fit into the theory so I'm gonna assume there's some good reason for that.

All those, but no Konami costumes. Naturally, this means that there will be Konami costumes in the future. I bet they would be released with a Konami character. Bomberman is six feet under so the only logical choice after him would be Pyramid Head.

That's it. End of story. Pyramid Head CONFIRMED. Don't even try to @ me, you will not win.
Isn't Goemon a Konami character?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

From what I’ve read, ZUN is very loose with the Touhou IP, though I’d imagine they’d still come to him for the rights or something.

If real, maybe we’ll get a Bad Apple remix from the Smash composers :bobomb:

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
eh, i've seen so many photoshopped Sabi tweets and discord messages that I'm not buying this outright.

However Fatmanonice Fatmanonice if your able to did this actually happen?

EDIT: Oh hes been away from the site for a month, well then.

Either way don't fully buy into this unless Sabi confirms it was said at least.
*sighs*

Since two other members came out and said it, yes it's real. That's an actual post.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*sighs*

Since two other members came out and said it, yes it's real. That's an actual post.
Like the Sabi thread image posted here said though, it didn’t originate in your discoed right?

And thanks for responding.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
*sighs*

Speculation has now taken a turn for DLC fighter 5.

Its now between Hayabusa, Reimu or another character we don't know yet about.

At this point I'm Team Hayabusa.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Kirby Dragon's AMA is up now up

It's was meant to go up on Thursday, but the original user planned for today has been absent for a bit, and I'm just gonna put theirs on hold, until they finally get back to me.

As such, I may end up drawing a new name for Thursday, so stay tuned

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm still a bit confused on the recent surge of Reimu discussion. Is it a supposed leak or just speculation?

Can somebody give me the deets?

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm still a bit confused on the recent surge of Reimu discussion. Is it a supposed leak or just speculation?

What they said, where did Reimu pop up from in the first place?

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I'm still a bit confused on the recent surge of Reimu discussion. Is it a leak or just speculation?

A person known for leaking Touhou info said back in November that Nintendo was contacting several Touhou fans to make music for some sort of Smash related thing. He recently reiterated this and said it was still happening, which is why there’s Reimu talk now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 242759
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms @Noipoi @Taylor F
xD I FINALLY had the enough motivation to draw Galarian Ponyta. It's cuteness was too much to not do anything with it. And since I saw a whole lot of comparison to it with Celestia, I prefered to draw Luna with it instead. xD She's like "What the hay happened to you, Sister?!"
Perfect use of the comparison and meme lol.

"What happened to your horn and wings?! And why have you shrunken?!"

I gotta see the last few episodes of the show, I've fallen behind on it. I'm not as into the show as I used to be, admittedly, but I still enjoy it. Certainly enough that I'd like to see the rest of the season and how it ends.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So it's Reimu v Ryu.....

At least, if those leeks are indeed correct.
In regards to this, enough people have come out and said it that things are looking pretty solid for Ryu. A lot of people agree that if he's not 5, he's probably one of the bonus characters. Like with Steve, people could be being led by the nose but confidence is fairly decent. Also, no, I'm not allowed to talk about other potential candidates because I already went through that 2 1/2 month long headache with Banjo and I don't intend to go through that again. As my absence should show, most of us are extremely burned out on Smash speculation so please be nice because I basically had to force myself to check in here.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

besides the leak people have been talking about reimu since sans happened and a lot of people think she's the next most likely indie character for some reason

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A person known for leaking Touhou info said back in November that Nintendo was contacting several Touhou fans to make music for some sort of Smash related thing. He recently reiterated this and said it was still happening, which is why there’s Reimu talk now.
Who exactly?

I'd like a link, image or anything to prove the point...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
i wish i could, like, explain in words why i love your art as much as i do lol.
x3 Awww, thank you, my dear friend! :D I am really happy you like it!
Perfect use of the comparison and meme lol.

"What happened to your horn and wings?! And why have you shrunken?!"

I gotta see the last few episodes of the show, I've fallen behind on it. I'm not as into the show as I used to be, admittedly, but I still enjoy it. Certainly enough that I'd like to see the rest of the season and how it ends.
xD Perfect!

;) I really hope you get to watch them! I personally loved them! Tell me your thoughts if you do watch them! I'm curious!

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Who exactly?

I'd like a link, image or anything to prove the point...
From the Red Marissa thread
Okay, so if this is real then it's pretty huge.
AoCF leaker dropped quite a lot of stuff.
I'll just summerize.

The leaker first heard the rumor of a certain doujin music circle is arranging Touhou music for Smash back in April at Nico Nico Chokaigi.
The leak he claimed earlier was all his fantasy from the actual information he has and other random talks from random people.
He said that he DOESN'T know Reimu is in or not, but the rumor IS specifically about Smash and due to the amount of contents it carries, he believes that she will be represented as a playable character.
Also he admitted that the rumor is still present today.

The information he has is the list of music.
Here it is.

Theme of Eastern Story
Maiden's Capriccio (he doesn't know which one)
Mystic Oriental Dream (not sure typo)
Spring Lane
Dichromatic Lotus Butterfly
Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's "Kappa"
Last Remote
Spring of Dreams
The Venerable Ancient Battlefield
Emotional Skyscraper
Shoutoku Legend
Inchlings of the Shining Needle
Sunny Milk's Scarlet Mist Incident
A Star of Hope Rises in the Blue Sky (it said 1st stage theme of HSiFS)
The Ground's Color is Yellow
Shinkirou Theatrical
Neo Bamboo Forest in Flames
Unknown X
Necrofantasia
Night Falls
Battlefield of the Flower Threshold
The Concealed Four Seasons (it said 2 final boss themes of HSiFS)
Secret God Matara (Okina Matara's second theme)

This list of music is very... interesting. I'm not sure how to feel about this.
The leaker also said there will be no Marisa themes and not only ZUN originals.
The fantasy he made was mostly from this list of music.
And the image he uploaded earlier was from Twilight Frontier so probably it's for Touhou 17.5.

Lastly, I think this was the biggest bomb drop.
The Touhou in Smash rumor goes something like this.
Doujin circle "hmm-hmm Koubou (Atelier)" who's known for their orchestral arrangement is doing works of Touhou music remixes for Smash.

TBH, the leak itself sounds bull**** but I'm frankly surprised by he actually name dropping certain doujin circle. Pretty risky move here,
http://rosie.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1571444322/
Starts from 65.
The list is on 133 and 134.

Edit: Alternate link if you can't see 5chan.
https://sp.logsoku.com/r/2ch.sc/famicom/1571444322/
Take it as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom