• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Reimu’s situation can’t really be compared to any character currently in the roster. She’s not really from a defined franchise. What constitutes as being a ‘proper’ Touhou game? Do those Touhou releases on the Switch even count since they aren’t made by Zun? Going off of just the games made by Zun doesn’t give too much for her to work with, the fan culture is an overwhelmingly significant part of her series.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The bad thing about all these "leaks" is that each and every one of them can claim to still be true because "Well, they could get in after the Fighter Pass."

BTW, I don't think any of these guys are the last character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Reimu’s situation can’t really be compared to any character currently in the roster. She’s not really from a defined franchise. What constitutes as being a ‘proper’ Touhou game? Do those Touhou releases on the Switch even count since they aren’t made by Zun? Going off of just the games made by Zun doesn’t give too much for her to work with, the fan culture is an overwhelmingly significant part of her series.
Then it turns out Smash Ultimate was all one big part to create a Touhou fangame

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I still think the last character will be pyramid head and quite frankly it will knock all of your socks off

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I still think the last character will be pyramid head and quite frankly it will knock all of your socks off
If that's case, Which character in the Smash roster as demons that could rivalize James's sins?
a emote erdrick.png

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Overdrive - Huh out of 10
UN Owen Was Her - Castlevania meets Undertale
Bad Apple - Kind of Reminds me of the music from Killer Instinct (2013) has that 80's pop rock meets modern techno vibe. I can box to this.
Night of Nights - sounds like music for the "it's gonna blow! We gotta get out of here!" segment. 4 stars.

IDK. Doesn't sound like anything special as far as video game music goes. It's good. But it's not amazing.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
He’ll play like Kirby, his moveset and appearance alters to match the personification of the inner demons of his opponent.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Overdrive - Huh out of 10
UN Owen Was Her - Castlevania meets Undertale
Bad Apple - Kind of Reminds me of the music from Killer Instinct (2013) has that 80's pop rock meets modern techno vibe. I can box to this.
Night of Nights - sounds like music for the "it's gonna blow! We gotta get out of here!" segment. 4 stars.

IDK. Doesn't sound like anything special as far as video game music goes. It's good. But it's not amazing.
Who would've thought that taste in music could be subjective?

D

Deleted member

I just wish my stupid laptop would let me play the games. I haven't touched a Touhou game in years due to this and I'm now really starting to miss them.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Don't look up the Abstract Daddy, Silent Hill is absolutely ****ed up
Silent Hill is pretty **** in general, monster design at least.

If anyone here is young, don't search up the name we're mentionning it, trust us on this.
Why be a demon when you can summon them :4bayonetta2::ultjoker:
Silent Hill 3 would have gone very differently if Heather was a persona user, that's for sure.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Idk man Heather's already a magical girl
snake thinking.jpg

You know, I forgot that detail when I wrote that post you quoted, then I remembered after I post it, soo....

Yeah, you're pretty much right here.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It seems Joker has already surpassed the first part of IT. See if it can top Deadpool's 1 & 2 for highest grossing R rated film.

Currently sits at 737.4 million.

Definitely more then earns its success. Twas a very solid film.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
At this point I want the 5th fighter to be somebody no one has leaked or talked about, and for the next fighter to be revealed at the VGAs.

Finish up speculation for round 1, then start us off on round 2.

I personally see us getting a “Season 2” with 5 more fighters. Might just be me, but the game is nearing 100 fighters counting particular costumes...like Koopalings, Leaf, Hero...if you could get even closer to 100, I don’t see how Sakurai would say, “Eh, we’ll just do 2-3 more and call it a day”, considering this is his Smash “magnum opus”. I just don’t see him stopping after 2 or 3 more.

Doesn’t mean we’ll get another pass after that, but I think it’s clear he is intent on literally going until he’s done. Mentally and physically.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It seems Joker has already surpassed the first part of IT. See if it can top Deadpool's 1 & 2 for highest grossing R rated film.

I had intentions of going to see Joker at my local theater but they decided to carry The Addams Family and Gemini Man instead. :/

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At this point I want the 5th fighter to be somebody no one has leaked or talked about, and for the next fighter to be revealed at the VGAs.

Finish up speculation for round 1, then start us off on round 2.

I personally see us getting a “Season 2” with 5 more fighters. Might just be me, but the game is nearing 100 fighters counting particular costumes...like Koopalings, Leaf, Hero...if you could get even closer to 100, I don’t see how Sakurai would say, “Eh, we’ll just do 2-3 more and call it a day”, considering this is his Smash “magnum opus”. I just don’t see him stopping after 2 or 3 more.

Doesn’t mean we’ll get another pass after that, but I think it’s clear he is intent on literally going until he’s done. Mentally and physically.
Part of me still beleives the mad lad will try for 100 fighters. This could include echo fighters it he wanted, but he could strive for 100 UNIQUE fighters. As in numbered fighters. But I don't want to put too much stock into that idea because he just as easily could decide not to.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
This was a joke but it actually gave me a revelation pertaining to the mii costumes

We've got costumes for SEGA, namco, and capcom at this point. No square costumes but that's probably due to squarenanigans. No microsoft costumes for ??? reasons, who knows it doesn't fit into the theory so I'm gonna assume there's some good reason for that.

All those, but no Konami costumes. Naturally, this means that there will be Konami costumes in the future. I bet they would be released with a Konami character. Bomberman is six feet under so the only logical choice after him would be Pyramid Head.

That's it. End of story. Pyramid Head CONFIRMED. Don't even try to @ me, you will not win.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I had intentions of going to see Joker at my local theater but they decided to carry The Addams Family and Gemini Man instead. :/
I found Gemini Man personally good tbh despite the low reviews (I judge a movie on my opinion and how anyone should).

The Addams Family though looks like the usual generic animated films that resorts to pop culture references and potty humor.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I remember you saying before watching the movie that it was a edgy mess that you probably made a good choice to not watch/pay for it.

'guess that movie is really that good.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
Ha true. I was just expecting a little more because everyone was hyping it up so much. But yeah. It's just not really my thing.
Imagine a person judges your favorite series based on fan/meme remixes. Because aside from UN Owen, that what those were. Anyway, this is my personal favorite Touhou songs. Keep in mind, the franchise has an absurd amount of music tracks (easily over 400), so just about everyone will have different favorites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETTk83qis0w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhlXhaS3OkU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWNDB1juaeo

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I remember you saying before watching the movie that it was a edgy mess that you probably made a good choice to not watch/pay for it.

'guess that movie is really that good.
What really helps is I basically don't see it as an Joker movie but more of an Elseworld version of the character. This isn't the Joker we all know whose life is still a mystery but this particular Joker's origin as with other versions.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine a person judges your favorite series based on fan/meme remixes. Because aside from UN Owen, that what those were. Anyway, this is my personal favorite Touhou songs. Keep in mind, the franchise has an absurd amount of music tracks (easily over 400), so just about everyone will have different favorites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETTk83qis0w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhlXhaS3OkU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWNDB1juaeo
Hey don't blame me. Blame Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen and Schnee117 Schnee117

I'll give these a listen and report back.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
My personal favourite Touhou song is Angel’s Legend because it’s literally just a remix of Heart of Fire from Castlevania.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I found Gemini Man personally good tbh despite the low reviews (I judge a movie on my opinion and how anyone should).

The Addams Family though looks like the usual generic animated films that resorts to pop culture references and potty humor.
Yeah, Gemini Man looks okay...but it's more of a movie that I would watch when it hits Netflix and I have nothing better to do on a weekend.

I totally agree with your take on The Addams Family; we have too many generic animated films floating around nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom