• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
refresher course here
From the Red Marissa thread

Take it as you will.
Hmmmm... I'd still take it with a grain of salt.

Remember the dude who correctly predicted Devil May Cry 5 info that also falsely claimed that Dante was in Smash?

and tbh, 23 music tracks seems a bit excessive compared to the typical 10 the other dlc characters came with

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hmmmm... I'd still take it with a grain of salt.

Remember the dude who correctly predicted Devil May Cry 5 info that also falsely claimed that Dante was in Smash?

and tbh, 23 music tracks seems a bit excessive compared to the typical 10 the other dlc characters came with
Tbf the DMCV leaker may have been impersonated and Touhou's licensing would be drastically cheaper than most

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’ve discussed before how it’s entirely possible that Nintendo did some research among the fan base to see what was highly discussed with Smash while the first Fighter Pass was being developed. In other words, what was talked about, what seemed plausible.

It’s possible that they could use that information to inform their current choices, or the ones following the Fighter Pass.

Crash fits that. Reimu fits that (still amazing that she started as a meme on /v/ and grew into something bigger). Resident Evil fits that. Devil May Cry fits that. DOOM could fit that.

What I find interesting is that all these different “leakers” are coming out with very different things, all around the same time...it’s just weird.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ve discussed before how it’s entirely possible that Nintendo did some research among the fan base to see what was highly discussed with Smash while the first Fighter Pass was being developed. In other words, what was talked about, what seemed plausible.

It’s possible that they could use that information to inform their current choices, or the ones following the Fighter Pass.

Crash fits that. Reimu fits that (still amazing that she started as a meme on /v/ and grew into something bigger). Resident Evil fits that. Devil May Cry fits that. DOOM could fit that.

What I find interesting is that all these different “leakers” are coming out with very different things, all around the same time...it’s just weird.
It’s quite possible all these rumored characters are being locked down as we speak for future DLC and we just get Terry and Fighter Five, with no word on the others for a bit.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I think it means that no one really knows. I'm tired of speculation. I'm kind of burnt out. It's beyond just relighting the fire at this point, that fire needs to be rebuilt.
It’s quite possible all these rumored characters are being locked done as we speak for future DLC and we just get Terry and Fighter Five, with no word on the others for a bit.
That seems like a poor business decision on Nintendo's part. At the very least, they have decided on Fighter 6 and started preliminary work. Most likely, the next 5 or 6 characters are all decided on and the licensing fees have been paid. Any decisions being made NOW would probably relate to a hypothetical fighter pack 3.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yo any of you ever heard of the grootslang?

Its an African cryptid that looks like a cross between an elephant and an snake. Legend states its primordial being as old as time itself.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh my god I remember that. Wonder if it was even any good or even looked good
IDK if it was good, but it kept me entertained as a small one. Wonder if there's a way to go back and watch it again.
I think I remember that show a bit.

I think one episode had trees absorbing people.
I remember vividly an episode where a gelatinous cube made the male and female lead switch bodies. I was obsessed with it for a while. Don't know why I barely remember it now.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Jessie, James, Meowth, and Wobbuffet are returning for the next series in the Pokemon anime.

Was there ever any doubt.

Though I don't like the SuMo design for Team Rocket so I'm a bit disappointed to see it back. I've mostly come around on Ash's design for that series (and the new one is an improvement) but TR's is just weirdly offputting.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Whatever? When did I say better, anyway? I just said so well, which doesn't have to be better. :p
Fair.

I just hear people all the time say that they shouldn't remake movies unless they can be remade better, and that means that "perfect" movies should never get remade (meaning we'll only ever get to hear one out of thousands of potential possible versions of these iconic stories). But that's not what you said.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Guys, I was wondering, if I made sketches for 5 dollars (Maybe starting with one?), would anyone want one? I just got the Paypal thing sorted out (the forced bank account linking), but I am not sure if its really going to work, and I want to test it out before I do anything else that requires more work. :) Thank you.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Fair.

I just hear people all the time say that they shouldn't remake movies unless they can be remade better, and that means that "perfect" movies should never get remade (meaning we'll only ever get to hear one out of thousands of potential possible versions of these iconic stories). But that's not what you said.
I see what you mean. But like you said, reboots don't have to be better, and they don't have to be worse like you said. Or maybe they just shouldn't be bad, pehaps? Either way some people just settle for better than just well or just as good. Quite a shame, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom