• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The differences between the two Sonic movie trailers is night and day.

It's extremely rare for a film studio to delay a movie just to address fan criticism, so big props to them.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Someone here asked me what it'd be like to see the old Sonic "meow" scene but with the new Sonic design. And I said yes, it would absolutely look better. And while it didn't play it entirely, it still played the majority of it.

And surprise, surprise, I was right. This new Sonic design is far better than the older design, and it makes scenes with Sonic less cringey and more fun to watch.

Big props to the film studio. Well done.

Edit: This image alone changes everything I felt was wrong about the movie.
He's bubbly! Hes got personality! HE HAS GLOVES!

That was my biggest nitpick about the old design, was that he had WHITE HANDS. Not white gloves, WHITE. HANDS. That was a level of outrage I never felt before about any design in my life. Like, he can wear shoes, but gloves are unacceptable?

It's like Mickey having white hands but yellow shoes. That don't work, and no excuse in the WORLD could dismiss that change.

But its fixed now, and Sonic looks very good. Not the best, I will admit, but this design is realistically the best that we could of gotten.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have a feeling that P5 may get a movie, either animated or live action from Japan.

The game’s seriously a huge success, so a movie could be imagined to happen.
It's getting a stage play if you wonder how characters would look like in live-action.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That heavy burden is finally off of me. My dogs gonna be A-Ok. ^_^

Turns out its common among dogs to get tooth fractures and also seems she doesn't have anal gland issues. Her other health issues probably stems from the fact she's a chocolate lab which are more prone to it then other colored labs.

Still see what her new diet will lead to hopefully it was the dog food I've been giving her that helps treat them.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
That Sonic redesign is what happens when you actually have faith in the source material. So proud of the studio behind the Sonic movie, he looks so much more expressive and colorful. Still not sure if I'm feeling the plot but I can tell they care about the franchise.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's A Wonderful Sponge
Don't understand why but hey if I want to start getting better on here. I need to learn respect others opinions, values and views on things we might think on differently otherwise.

I've also finally admitted on my flaws notably yesterday. I'm only human and if I just try I'll leave yesterday and look at tomorrow.

It was probably not necessary to comment about this but want to make it clear I'm human (Me, Snake and Lesley notably) like anyone else despite the flaws and learn from the mistakes so I become that person of tomorrow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't understand why but hey if I want to start getting better on here. I need to learn respect others opinions, values and views on things we might think on differently otherwise.

I've also finally admitted on my flaws notably yesterday. I'm only human and if I just try I'll leave yesterday and look at tomorrow.

It was probably not necessary to comment about this but want to make it clear I'm human (Me, Snake and Lesley notably) like anyone else despite the flaws and learn from the mistakes so I become that person of tomorrow.
It's ok pal.

We aren't born perfect.

We need to fall first in order to learn how to get up.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Kind of concerned about the sonic movie

I think it needs to either be really good or really bad, no in between in order for it to be an enjoyable movie

With the first trailer it was doing a good job of leaning into being completely bad, but now it's consciously trying to be better and leaving behind that "completely awful" aesthetic

This would be fine except that this movie can never be good. It's only chance of being enjoyable is by being so awful that it's funny. By becoming better it's losing that edge. By trying to improve it is actually becoming worse. The only way to save this movie would be to revert back to the original design.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Maybe because they're upset about all the cut features, Pokemon and general lack of polish that you would expect from a game like this?
Not saying it's always justified but it's not like their anger is unfounded.
It's one thing to be upset at a hashtag, but it's another to try to hijack a hashtag and creat a counter hashtag to create an even larger divide in the community.

I 100% agree that SwSh, while looking fun, is heavily unpolished as hell, but don't do things like that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's one thing to be upset at a hashtag, but it's another to try to hijack a hashtag and creat a counter hashtag to create an even larger divide in the community.

I 100% agree that SwSh, while looking fun, is heavily unpolished as hell, but don't do things like that.
If being upset at a hashtag is fine for those who don't like Sword and Shield, it should be fine for those that do. Many, understandably, don't want less-than-mediocrity to be celebrated and reinforced.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So in terms of that leak regarding that Smash video? Do you guys think were getting FP5 this or next month?

Part of me is hoping we get FP5 announced this month then at the VGA we get the announcement of our first post-Pass DLC fighter and supposedly what to expect post-Pass DLC like Season Pass 2.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If being upset at a hashtag is fine for those who don't like Sword and Shield, it should be fine for those that do. Many, understandably, don't want less-than-mediocrity to be celebrated and reinforced.
I think you're misinterpreting me. I said it's fine to be upset at a hashtag, but they were talking about hijacking it and creating a countertag to show the divide, which isn't good for anyone.

Like, I agree that it's OK to be upset at the hashtag. 100% on that.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Antlers, Bloodshot, Godzilla vs. Kong, Fast & Furious 9, Halloween Kills (Only because my friend will want to see it), Monster Hunter, My Spy, Scoob!, Sonic the Hedgehog, Uncharted, Underwater.

Aw yeah next year is gonna be great for movies! :grin:

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Screw treating being upset at people who use a hashtag as something fine and dandy.

I was just trying to be kind and show appreciation for Game Freak by replying to one of Nintendo’s Pokémon tweets with that hashtag and a gif of Pikachu patting Caterpie’s back, and some jerk decides to get miffed by my tweet, completely missing the point and asking if Caterpie was even in the game, continuing to be annoying in an argument with me before finally letting it slide while saying he didn’t like blind praise (as if you can’t show appreciation while also acknowledging flaws, or as if you have to think the same way as them)...

I believe I even saw someone who didn’t like the flaws pointing them out while still being kind and showing appreciation this way, there’s nothing wrong with fans using this hashtag.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know at first I was completely heartbroken with how Sword and shield looked, since it's just a 3DS game ported to switch with no polish.

But seeing just HOW unpolished it is just makes me laugh, it's hilarious to me now that the console where Nintendo is pushing all it's franchises to the limit they decide to do THAT to my favorite one.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh, and for the record, I'm not getting SwSh anymore. Or, not at least to they patch out the unpolishness. I don't care for the cuts that much
Aside from Puff
but it's the unpolishness that gets to me. Which is a shame too, the game looks ambitious by Pokemon standards, but TPC just had to set those deadlines because the game has to be out by the time the anime rolls around for that cash.

I hope they allow GF to take their time for Gen 9.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Screw treating being upset at people who use a hashtag as something fine and dandy.

I was just trying to be kind and show appreciation for Game Freak by replying to one of Nintendo’s Pokémon tweets with that hashtag and a gif of Pikachu patting Caterpie’s back, and some jerk decides to get miffed by my tweet, completely missing the point and asking if Caterpie was even in the game, continuing to be annoying in an argument with me before finally letting it slide while saying he didn’t like blind praise (as if you can’t show appreciation while also acknowledging flaws, or as if you have to think the same way as them)...

I believe I even saw someone who didn’t like the flaws pointing them out while still being kind and showing appreciation this way, there’s nothing wrong with fans using this hashtag.
Don't take it to heart. People have already made up their minds about SwSh. You have one side that exaggerates the good and one that exaggerates the bad. Both see each other as "the obnoxious side", and they'll throw petty jabs at anything that doesn't support their views.

Twitter is just a bad place in general to discuss SwSh.

D

Deleted member

You know at first I was completely heartbroken with how Sword and shield looked, since it's just a 3DS game ported to switch with no polish.

But seeing just HOW unpolished it is just makes me laugh, it's hilarious to me now that the console where Nintendo is pushing all it's franchises to the limit they decide to do THAT to my favorite one.
Pretty much how I feel, but add on how ****ing easy it is to fix this, just delay the ****ing game. Even a few weeks would help fix some or most of the problems the game has.

too bad the game has already been shipped, thou.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
2020 looks like it'll be a good year for movies, what are you guys most excited for?
Not much, honestly...

am looking forward to the first original Disney Animation film in 4 years with Raya and the Last Dragon.

Actually, Scoob looks pretty good, too.

And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about the abomination that will be the live action hybrid Tom and Jerry movie

as for the new Sonic trailer, definitely an improvement over the original design, though it's still looking to be a pretty lousy movie

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Btw if people ever tell you that complaining and criticism never changed anything, just point to this movie now.
Someone here asked me what it'd be like to see the old Sonic "meow" scene but with the new Sonic design. And I said yes, it would absolutely look better. And while it didn't play it entirely, it still played the majority of it.

And surprise, surprise, I was right. This new Sonic design is far better than the older design, and it makes scenes with Sonic less cringey and more fun to watch.

Big props to the film studio. Well done.

Edit: This image alone changes everything I felt was wrong about the movie.

He's bubbly! Hes got personality! HE HAS GLOVES!

That was my biggest nitpick about the old design, was that he had WHITE HANDS. Not white gloves, WHITE. HANDS. That was a level of outrage I never felt before about any design in my life. Like, he can wear shoes, but gloves are unacceptable?

It's like Mickey having white hands but yellow shoes. That don't work, and no excuse in the WORLD could dismiss that change.

But its fixed now, and Sonic looks very good. Not the best, I will admit, but this design is realistically the best that we could of gotten.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who was insanely bothered by the glove-colored flesh. That was the worst part of the design for me too, as absurd as it may sound because undoubtedly most would agree the eyes were the worst. Glad the first thing they revealed about the redesign was that he has gloves.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What's the quickest way get out of the Depths in Dark Souls?

I just got cursed, and I'm on half a bar of health, and I'm not fighting the boss on half a bar of health.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If anything comes out of this SwSh debacle...

I hope Joe Merrick takes a break. I mean, he's probably got it pretty bad during all of this, with the worst of fans always coming at him, and all he's trying to do is run a website. I hope he takes a break and recover his mentality, I mean, it has to be shot now.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
What's the quickest way get out of the Depths in Dark Souls?

I just got cursed, and I'm on half a bar of health, and I'm not fighting the boss on half a bar of health.
I don't think there is a fast way to get out

The undead merchant at the shortcut that leads to fire link sells the stuff that gets rid of curse though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom