• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch the ending or an post-credits having Knuckles, Tails and Amy appear and setting up for a sequel. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Non-abomination Sonic trailer came out.
My takeaways

1. Sonic's design is just objectively better looking now. I can't even joke about it.
  2. I'm lowkey hoping they release a director's cut where it's just the movie but with the Old Movie Sonic design. Was interested in seeing how the original run would have played out.
  3. They didn't change Eggman and that's great! Keep that ***** ass mother-****** the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Seeing the sonic redesign makes me wonder what the movie would've looked like with the original cut.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Godzilla vs. Kong, Scoob!, Fast & Furious 9, Bloodshot, Underwater, Antlers, My Spy, Uncharted and Sonic the Hedgehog. All the movies so far I'm certain to watch next year.

D

Deleted member

Also, ya'll need to stop linking r/Pokemon, garbage subreddit lol.
I woulda agreed with ya a few month ago, but right now?

Eh, they've chilled out a bit. Hell during the leak cycle, all of the "I'm not going to buy SS! NOW YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER" posts basically vanished in favor of the leaks.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm now morbidly curious about the original Sonic design because if it looks that good, how bad did the other one go with it's lack of gloves and porpoise face and all that junk.

Especially when he started talking about his "homeworld". If the original design was still the same, God knows what any other Sonic characters would've looked like with that uncanny valley design.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Monster Hunter despite the director I'll go see to because hey I'm a sucker when it comes to killer creatures, giant animals or whatever. An guilty pleasure of mine.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There's this article that had Kojima blaming the west's obsession of FPS's for the lukewarm reception of Death Stranding. However many of the best reviewed games this last year were RPGs like Fire Emblem, Hack N'Slash like DMC5, Red Dead Redemption 2, Tetris and Final Fantasy 14. So there's a clear variety of genres being in the public's eye and getting praise. Had the complaint been strictly games of a violent nature, then this statement would seem a little more valid. But maybe the translation was wonky. As it stands, it sounds pretty passive aggressive from him.
This is just..... bad. I am starting to loose respect for the man. He’s starting to sound like some of my film professors and classmates. When you make “art” you need to have a sense of humor about it and acknowledge how weird and uninteresting the concept could be to a casual viewer. You need to be willing to guide people through your creation if they don’t get it. Talking like this will just drive them away.
Non-abomination Sonic trailer came out.
It’s spooky to me how reception is turning around for it so fast. Of the exact same trailer cams out but with the old design, people would still be saying the movie was gonna suck. And people would still be saying other things besides the design sucked (writing, direction, etc). It’s the same underlying movie and the fact that people’s opinions have done a 180 makes me a little frustrated. Because it comes across as people just being shallow and neophobic.
So, that new Sonic trailer.

I think they kinda overdid with jokes, but still looks like a decently fun movie nonetheless. Glad they stressed how protective Sonic is for his friends, even when he has his own way.

I'll make sure to watch it, even if only to support people who worked extra to fix the design.
It’s probably just the trailer cramming them all together.

But if you think about it, the modern games (except forces) all are pretty joke heavy in the cutscenes. Especially Colors. I think it fits.
It’s a huge improvement, but I just want to know how they fixed it so fast.

No way I could make a model and then re-animate a bunch of already established scenes that fast.
If you look closely enough, the new model has a lot of the same proportions as the old one. My guess is that they just used the skeleton and animations from the old model.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So between Scoob! and Sonic the Hedgehog? Which one peeks your interest so far?

I look more forward to Scoob! tbh but I admit given Sonic's new design I'm now curious in giving this a look and to give credit to the director for listening to the backlash.

D

Deleted member

One of my favorite scenes from that cough obscure card game I keep on shilling:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Monster Hunter despite the director I'll go see to because hey I'm a sucker when it comes to killer creatures, giant animals or whatever. An guilty pleasure of mine.
At least they fixed Sonics design. Once they take the ASSULT RIFLES out of the MONSTER HUNTER movie, then Id be curious about it

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Not to play therapist or anything, but just because someone helped you grow for a while doesn't mean you own them all your time and energy. Sometimes people grow distant from one another. And if someone's stringing you along, you don't have to take that from them.

But enough about personal stuff, let's go back to ****posting about pop-culture and video games.

There's this article that had Kojima blaming the west's obsession of FPS's for the lukewarm reception of Death Stranding. However many of the best reviewed games this last year were RPGs like Fire Emblem, Hack N'Slash like DMC5, Red Dead Redemption 2, Tetris and Final Fantasy 14. So there's a clear variety of genres being in the public's eye and getting praise. Had the complaint been strictly games of a violent nature, then this statement would seem a little more valid. But maybe the translation was wonky. As it stands, it sounds pretty passive aggressive from him.
From what a lot of people were saying, it seems like it was a mistranslation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At least they fixed Sonics design. Once they take the ASSULT RIFLES out of the MONSTER HUNTER movie, then Id be curious about it
Dude. There’s still going to be classic monster hunter characters with classic monster hunter weapons. That’s been confirmed. The premise is a military convoy gets thrown into the monster hunter world. I too wish they felt confident enough to just do a fantasy story in the MH world, but at least this premise makes a bit of sense.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know one thing that sucks about the Sonic movie trailer?

The lack of Gangsta's Paradise.

I mean, they already used it, but still...(I am joking, by the way)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You know one thing that sucks about the Sonic movie trailer?

The lack of Gangsta's Paradise.

I mean, they already used it, but still...(I am joking, by the way)
Legit though, I’m surprised how well Blitzkrieg Bop works with Sonic. And we even got a cover of Green Hill in the beginning too, they’ll probably be more Sonic tracks in the soundtrack too in that case.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Legit though, I’m surprised how well Blitzkrieg Bop works with Sonic. And we even got a cover of Green Hill in the beginning too, they’ll probably be more Sonic tracks in the soundtrack too in that case.
Blitzkrieg Bop was what it was? Never heard of it. You have a link to a Youtube video of it?

D

Deleted member

Idk, they flipped their **** when #ThankYouGameFreak was trending
Maybe because they're upset about all the cut features, Pokemon and general lack of polish that you would expect from a game like this?
Not saying it's always justified but it's not like their anger is unfounded.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just waiting until Paul W.S. Anderson adapts an live-action Devil May Cry featuring Dante's and Vergil's long lost half sister (Milla Jovovich) whose really half human/half angel. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom