• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Side note, you all change your avatars far too much. Have you never heard of the concept of loyalty? Truly disgusting smh.
Nothing wrong changing things up. Plus, this G3 Birkin concept looked too good to pass up.

EDIT: full pic here
RE2_remake_CONCEPT_ART_-_G_(Stage_3).jpg

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Do you guys remember the very first character you thought:

“hey, this character should be in Smash?”

For me, it was Mewtwo in Smash 64.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So the gender segment is over, did we have a political segment today? /s

D

Deleted member

mfw the whole internet fapped to a trans girl for like a month

is this progress in the sense that they are normalizing it or a step back due to the objectifying nature of it

are people even conscious of such a thing

did they think about it when they were done to question themselves or did they not care due to being comfortable with their own sexuality

who are we in the end
Nah, it's just a case of minority fetishization as it has been done for so long. Bigots will accept them as long as they're not considered people.
I.E.: anime "tr*ps", yaoi, yuri, characters like Poison, etc.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I suppose that's true but as someone who lives in the south, I can tell you that supporting trans people is not a super mainstream thing to do.

There is still a lot of intentional misgenderring, a lot of people still say tr*nny, etc. It's gonna take a bit longer
Oh I know. I lived from ages 5-22 in southern Ohio which was basically Kentucky. I'm not proud at all of how my family back home views LGBTQ people. We can't be content with our little progressive internet bubble and think there's nothing left to do.

But at the same time I think it's also valuable to celebrate the change that has happened. Rally the troops and whatnot. I also would have used such language in high school and college without knowing any better. But I changed. Other people can too, but it'll take a whole new generation at least for these changes to become "mainstream".

We just need to be allies in the meantime.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh I know. I lived from ages 5-22 in southern Ohio which was basically Kentucky. I'm not proud at all of how my family back home views LGBTQ people. We can't be content with our little progressive internet bubble and think there's nothing left to do.

But at the same time I think it's also valuable to celebrate the change that has happened. Rally the troops and whatnot. I also would have used such language in high school and college without knowing any better. But I changed. Other people can too, but it'll take a whole new generation at least for these changes to become "mainstream".

Keep fighting the good fight.

So the gender segment is over, did we have a political segment today? /s
I'm still running for President of the Thread

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nah, it's just a case of minority fetishization as it has been done for so long. Bigots will accept them as long as they're not considered people.
I.E.: anime "tr*ps", yaoi, yuri, characters like Poison, etc.
Y'know... That's a depressing thought but you're absolutely right.

****. I don't know, like, what I need to do.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's true! I'm incapable of shutting up, online and in real life!

Never watch a movie with me!
Can't be as bad as that one girl during Infinity War who wouldn't shut up when
everybody was dying.
She kept sqealing and yelling the characters names in distress. Eventually someone in the stands went and gave her a piece of their mind.

D

Deleted member

Dude, imagine a NintenZone x Ultimate Thread fighting game.
That would be sick.
How about no fighting and we all party instead? SmashBoards Party?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Yeah, it's just that things are just so heated now and people aren't really willing to understand it. I was talking to this dude at my university and he misgenderred one of the people in our group (said she instead of they) and I corrected him politely and informed him that they identified as nonbinary, to which he told me I should shut up and then he went on the only 2 genders rant and blah blah blah

It's just gonna be hard to change people's minds with the prevailing edgy meninist mentalities floating around

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Side note, you all change your avatars far too much. Have you never heard of the concept of loyalty? Truly disgusting smh.
Heh.
OH SNAP 10,000 POSTS BAYBEEE!!!
So the boi Noipoi has reached the big 10K huh?

Guess that means I gotta get you a little something...
67171467_p0_master1200.jpg

(I've had this pic for awhile, figured now would be the best time to post it)

Congrats on 10K buddy!

D

Deleted member

Anyway as far as I'm concerned you can be whatever you want and **** whoever you want, it's none of my business. It's all the same to me as long as you're a good person.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Alright so I have a random prediction:

I’m not a seer. You want predictions, go ask someone else.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Anyway as far as I'm concerned you can be whatever you want and **** whoever you want, it's none of my business. It's all the same to me as long as you're a good person.
That's been my mode of operation for a while.

In and before high school, before I came out of my shell and actually made friends with lots more people I liked and decided to try and become more open minded as time goes on throughout my life, I was kind of a bigot. An incel, even, because nobody really liked me and I was attention starved (which kinda fed back into it).

*shudder* I've had to learn that my younger days aren't representative of who I am now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
That's been my mode of operation for a while.

In and before high school, before I came out of my shell and actually made friends with lots more people I liked and decided to try and become more open minded as time goes on throughout my life, I was kind of a bigot. An incel, even, because nobody really liked me and I was attention starved (which kinda fed back into it).

*shudder* I've had to learn that my younger days aren't representative of who I am now.
I can't associate ToasterBrains and Incels together in my mind lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom