• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I thought Japan paid their teachers better than the US though?

Or maybe I'm just thinking of all of Europe.
She needs the money due to being blackmailed by the family of a previous dead student that threatens to sue her for his death.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It is, that fire around her fist is just pure goddess energy that she can use for a spell called God Blow.
azura_2.png

Oh! I see. Well, from one blue-haired water goddess to another:
azura_3.png

That's bull****.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, team 4chan leak :b. Most likely as fake as the google one but is a bit more interesting.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I’m tempted to make a joke but I won’t.
All of the Konosuba girls blow.

Aqua uses God Blow to fight impure opponents
Megumin uses Explosion to blow enemies the [REDACTED] up
And Darkness...well...

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
What kills the Baboom leak (should we call it that for being the thing that sets it apart?) for me is Countess as an Echo, aka Kasumi. Kasumi being given to Joker owners for free would insinuate that Joker’s pack is more valuable than other packs when they should be as equal as possible. Also, Sakurai said that Echoes wouldn’t be in the Fighter’s Pass, but tying Kasumi to Joker seems to contradict that.

This doesn’t really challenge the validity of the leak but the absolute ****storm that will come from Erdrick and Edelgard being the reveals at E3 would be hilarious.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also, Sakurai said that Echoes wouldn’t be in the Fighter’s Pass, but tying Kasumi to Joker seems to contradict that.
Whether it's Kasumi or someone else entirely, I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to be like "hey here's a free echo fighter, have fun", especially considering Echoes were a big part of Ultimate's marketing.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
What kills the Baboom leak (should we call it that for being the thing that sets it apart?) for me is Countess as an Echo, aka Kasumi. Kasumi being given to Joker owners for free would insinuate that Joker’s pack is more valuable than other packs when they should be as equal as possible. Also, Sakurai said that Echoes wouldn’t be in the Fighter’s Pass, but tying Kasumi to Joker seems to contradict that.

This doesn’t really challenge the validity of the leak but the absolute ****storm that will come from Erdrick and Edelgard being the reveals at E3 would be hilarious.
What would they lose from making one pack more valuable than the others? All it does is raise the sales of that pack.

D

Deleted member

Whether it's Kasumi or someone else entirely, I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to be like "hey here's a free echo fighter, have fun", especially considering Echoes were a big part of Ultimate's marketing.
Outside the fighter pass, I think they could do something like an echo wave even.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There's a new fake leak?
1558351141075.png
Version without the leaks: Our final DLC roster is as follows:
Joker
Erdrick
Edelgard
Phoenix Wright
Kasumi (free echo for those who own Joker)
Baboom (final evo of Grookey)

Check it. Someone else can explain why we're even humoring it.

Shroob

Sup?
Version without the leaks: Our final DLC roster is as follows:
Joker
Erdrick
Edelgard
Phoenix Wright
Kasumi (free echo for those who own Joker)
Baboom (final evo of Grookey)

Check it. Someone else can explain why we're even humoring it.
Run of the mill text leak.

Though I'd revel in the chaos of "Another Fire Emblem/Pokemon?!"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

ultimately though, i do wonder how they'd implement kasumi if she were put in

do you package her in retroactively with joker, or do you sell her separately and give people the chance to get a slightly altered joker for a smaller price than challenger pack 1? my thinking is the former, because at least then challenger pack 1 becomes an even more enticing prospect than potentially sabotaging sales from people who just want the basic joker fighter (give or take a few echo tweaks) and so go for kasumi instead.
I just decided to randomly google "countess jane" after the Kasumi (codename "Countess") rumor and found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Harley,_Countess_of_Oxford_and_Countess_Mortimer

Wasn't Arsene codenamed Doyle in the datamine? Kasumi is a ballerina which is a form of the fine arts and Jane Harley was a patron of the arts...

ah dammit im looking too deep into things again
a few people on reddit (and also me here) have speculated that her persona will be josephine balsamo, aka. countess cagliostro - arsene's lover/rival. countess sort of fits the same vibe as thief codenames like 'queen', so i don't think it's impossible.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
I just think that Sakurai already saying “no Echoes in the Fighter’s Pass” outweighs that. Also, the base game marketing and DLC marketing are two different things. It just seems really odd marketing-wise to make one pack out of 5 more valuable than the others.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
D

Deleted member

JDCabrera trying to understand what’s going on at the Ultimate Social Thread, as seen through his mother’s eyes (picture taken on May 20th of 2019 at 23:11)
04CFB37C-DA6B-4607-876B-C3939914AA0E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom