• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What’s the verdict on that rumor on 4chan? I saw that but don’t know what to think of it.

I have some thoughts, but I’m just curious what public opinion is.
Most likely fake, but would be ok with the roster. PW, Edelgard and Erdrick are quite hype for me.

(Monkey isn't in consideration atm until full reveal, the we'll talk)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh this is painfully fake

decent roster tho
In all honesty, purely as a potential roster, I'm not ready to call it painfully fake.

It covers a lot of bases, reaches out past the initial Smash core fanbase and promotes other Nintendo-owned properties they surely want to sell. It has a nice mix of everything: two out-of-nowhere third parties, a highly requested third-party, two first-party shoo-ins and, uh. Kasumi is there too, I guess.

I don't believe anything from 4chan, but even if it's fake, this might be the most reasonable, believable fake I've seen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

since we're talking about mjolnir i just wanted to share this
7098773.png

did anyone else think that steve was gonna wear the mark 50 after tony gave him it during his breakdown scene

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the ****ing baboom name gets me tho

it's like that perfect mix of cheesy and genius that most real pokemon names cover and i would main it from the name alone

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
my only 'huh there's something about this' feeling is that it reads a little like the very depressed, pessimistic piranha plant leaker from back in october
I think that’s actually the same exact thought I had. Mainly because he’s like, “No Microsoft pick, no this, no that, etc...”

I’ll admit that I would feel a bit let down by the DLC. Like i’m sure i’ll love the pass regardless of who is in it because I love Smash. But it just...doesn’t really expand the “Smash Universe” as much as I would like to see.

D

Deleted member

the ****ing baboom name gets me tho

it's like that perfect mix of cheesy and genius that most real pokemon names cover and i would main it from the name alone
It sounds like Grookey’s heart was hardened by war after using a bazooka and hearing the satisfying “ba-boom!”

D

Deleted member

my only 'huh there's something about this' feeling is that it reads a little like the very depressed, pessimistic piranha plant leaker from back in october
Tbf that leaker was just bluntly stating the facts with a depressed reaction image. This guy is straight up "**** THE OSCARS NINTENDO"

D

Deleted member

Broke: Banjo's coming

Woke: 71292.jpg The Banjo's coming

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
3) I just don’t see how Ace Attorney reaches out to new fans nearly as much as a different Capcom IP. No offense to the series, i’m interested in actually playing it soon but I just don’t think it would be effective in bringing in the maximum amount of new players...although it would be unexpected, no doubt.
Adding Phoenix Wright to Smash probably wouldn't bring in a ton of new fans, but it WOULD get hella sales, I promise you that. Ace Attorney is a really popular Capcom property (don't let Capcom's lackluster treatment of it in the West fool you), and I'm sure plenty of people would buy him.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Adding Phoenix Wright to Smash probably wouldn't bring in a ton of new fans, but it WOULD get hella sales, I promise you that. Ace Attorney is a really popular Capcom property (don't let Capcom's lackluster treatment of it in the West fool you), and I'm sure plenty of people would buy him.
isn't november basically prime time for both AA8's likely announcement and royal's japanese release too?

these dates are quite well-considered

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And maybe, just maybe, the series would get physical releases abroad again.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, anyone can be depressed and pessimistic these days.

isn't november basically prime time for both AA8's likely announcement and royal's japanese release too?

these dates are quite well-considered
AA7, but yeah. Whoever wrote up this leak did their research, that's for sure.

D

Deleted member

So now's the part when I pick up Mjolnir?

Please, you think you're worthy to handle such power?
I foresee the rest of the tournament being something like this.

Shish: "You can't defeat me"
Grey/Psy: "I know, but she can"
*explosion as I kill you with Farore's Wind from off-stage while you try to charge Plasma Breath for the 5986th time*
You fool. You absolute bufoon. That was my plan all along and you fell right into it!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If that was the DLC list, only Phoenix Wright would be that cool to me, since people in my family like Ace Attorney. A Rhythm based fighter sounds annoying to play as, and I don't play Persona or FE so it'd be hard to get excited.

Now when's Hayabusa to save this DLC with sick Izuna Drops?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I completed all of the challenges for Smash Ultimate, and I did it without using hammers. The online challenges were a frustrating slog, but at least there wasn't anything significant locked behind them, and you make progress whether you win or lose unlike the "beat classic mode on the highest difficulty" challenges in Smash for Wii U.

I played at least two matches with every character, and I think my top five (in no particular order) would be Dedede, Snake, Bayonetta, K. Rool, and Bowser. With them, even when I lost, I still had fun and got some good hits in (in contrast to Isabelle, where both matches were one-sided beatdowns, and Marth, which made me question why the characters with his moveset are so popular to begin with).

I'm not going to be playing online quickplay any time soon - all it did was confirm to me that I'm absolutely terrible at this game. Still, I'm proud that I accomplished this, unlike with Smash for Wii U, where the Knuckle Joe trophy (which is inexplicably locked behind one of the hardest challenges in the game, "beat 9.0 without customizations" (and, by extension, without dying twice in one match)) will always elude me.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The good news is that a good amount of leaks have a timetable for when it will be shut down if it’s fake. Just around 20 days anyway.

I still expect at least Erdrick and Dragon Quest. But we’ll have to see with the rest.

Still have my hopes for Resident Evil, at the least. That’s really all I want at this point.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I completed all of the challenges for Smash Ultimate, and I did it without using hammers. The online challenges were a frustrating slog, but at least there wasn't anything significant locked behind them, and you make progress whether you win or lose unlike the "beat classic mode on the highest difficulty" challenges in Smash for Wii U.

I played at least two matches with every character, and I think my top five (in no particular order) would be Dedede, Snake, Bayonetta, K. Rool, and Bowser. With them, even when I lost, I still had fun and got some good hits in (in contrast to Isabelle, where both matches were one-sided beatdowns, and Marth, which made me question why the characters with his moveset are so popular to begin with).

I'm not going to be playing online quickplay any time soon - all it did was confirm to me that I'm absolutely terrible at this game. Still, I'm proud that I accomplished this, unlike with Smash for Wii U, where the Knuckle Joe trophy (which is inexplicably locked behind one of the hardest challenges in the game, "beat 9.0 without customizations" (and, by extension, without dying twice in one match)) will always elude me.
Good job dude!

D

Deleted member

Still want Grookey's final evo to be named after Ringo Starr. Oringotan is just too perfect.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now I know everyone's talking about Banjo, but what about the real hero?

Vectorman.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If Phoenix is real, I really just want to know which version of Maya they'll go with. Given how Mega Man is compared to his MvC appearances, I expect that Sakurai wouldn't just want to entirely retread the same territory with Phoenix's stuff as well.

Now I know everyone's talking about Banjo, but what about the real hero?

Vectorman.
He gets to be on the Genesis Mini, so that's something, I guess.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Fix’d my dude. Sorry about that.
S'okay. I get the feeling I'm the only one here who doesn't want to know.

I like going into games blind. I've ruined experiences for myself before by knowing too much going in. I like having that raw excitement of not knowing anything about what happens next on my first playthrough. 'Cause you can never recreate that once you know.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If Phoenix is real, I really just want to know which version of Maya they'll go with. Given how Mega Man is compared to his MvC appearances, I expect that Sakurai wouldn't just want to entirely retread the same territory with Phoenix's stuff as well.
forward smash: pointing, objection bubble appears with a hitbox
down smash: court desk appears, phoenix slams down on it

yeah i got nothing else

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
damn I just realized how depressing that leak really is

imagine wanting to spite your workplace by leaking stuff but all you have to leak is completely unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom