• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I doubt we'll get Mario Maker info at e3, even if it comes out after e3. E3 starts mid June, Mario Maker will come out either before it, a few days after, or a week after, too soon after e3 to get big info. However, I bet we'll get Mario Maker info in some form of direct in the next two months.

And crap, i'm way too hyped for this game.

Noipoi

Howdy!
S'okay. I just get testy when someone implies that the thing that eats up all my free time like a second job isn't all that difficult.

A fan dub just adds voice lines over the existing work and doesn't deviate much at all aside from translating. An abridged series-- good ones, anyway-- completely tear apart the source material and put it back together as something new. None of our episodes follow the same format or structure as the originals. There's no point at which more than two seconds of the original footage goes unedited. The folder I have for each episode has roughly 60-120 images I edited for overlays and screenshots. Then there's outlining, scripting, managing actors' schedules, recording (which I pay $100 a session for), fixing the audio post-recording, splicing the source footage into bits from various episodes to create a base, adding sound effects, music, inevitable re-recording or rewriting, adding visual flare and fixing visual glitches, creating and matching lip flaps for the final dialogue, final audio mixing and then, finally, publishing.

I don't draw myself, but the rest is hard work I don't get paid for. I don't need acknowledgement, but I don't like when someone implies it's not all that difficult to do.
Abridged series are like, where 79% of my sense of humor came from.

Somewhere out there, some kid is watching your series and getting inspired just like I was. Remember that :)

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I doubt we'll get Mario Maker info at e3, even if it comes out after e3. E3 starts mid June, Mario Maker will come out either before it, a few days after, or a week after, too soon after e3 to get big info. However, I bet we'll get Mario Maker info in some form of direct in the next two months.

And crap, i'm way too hyped for this game.
Also, not sure how much they could present about it. We already know what Mario Maker is, so I doubt there's anything too radically different or mindblowing that they could dedicate time to.

Animal Crossing is going to probably dominate the show, since the last console game was over a decade ago, and it wasn't too substantially upgraded over the DS game, so with all the advancements in technology and time since the last game (which came out over 6 years ago), there's got to be a lot to show off for what a 2019 console Animal Crossing will look like.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
S'okay. I just get testy when someone implies that the thing that eats up all my free time like a second job isn't all that difficult.
Yeah don’t worry about it. I actually said “and other stuff” on my post because I had assumed there was plenty of other stuff I didn’t know about. Trust me, I don’t take your work for granted. But yeah, it’s admirable stuff, takes a lot of dedication, I’d imagine.

This is just reminding me of how much I need to watch your stuff. I think I’m gonna do that today.
Doesn't hurt that Scorbunny is the best Galar Starter.
You wanna take those words outside?
1D4BC249-07FD-47D9-BB2C-811607C8B955.jpeg

Noipoi

Howdy!
You wanna take those words outside?
View attachment 198233
I thought we were bunny bros wtf happened?

Also, not sure how much they could present about it. We already know what Mario Maker is, so I doubt there's anything too radically different or mindblowing that they could dedicate time to.

Animal Crossing is going to probably dominate the show, since the last console game was over a decade ago, and it wasn't too substantially upgraded over the DS game, so with all the advancements in technology and time since the last game (which came out over 6 years ago), there's got to be a lot to show off for what a 2019 console Animal Crossing will look like.
Really interested in Animal Crossing Switch. It's gonna be my first one.

And of course, can't wait for Sword & Shield info at E3.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That is my wish, that AC will be a big deal

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Abridged series are like, where 79% of my sense of humor came from.

Somewhere out there, some kid is watching your series and getting inspired just like I was. Remember that :)
Thanks man. I needed that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm trying to give myself a signature, but it's a hassle trying to get the images to fit, and even getting them in my signature. Can someone help me with this?
The signature is a specific size unless you're a premium member, so you'll just want to have an image (or total of your images) be that size. I'm sure it's written somewhere, but i think it's 200 in height? Anyway it'll cut it off without removing it if it's too big.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
This is once again just reminding me of how much I need to see one of Grey’s abridged series.
Screw it I’m closing Sonic Mania let’s see this.
The first episode is slow but necessary. I wish I could remake it but I already remade it once.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Really interested in Animal Crossing Switch. It's gonna be my first one.

And of course, can't wait for Sword & Shield info at E3.
Animal Crossing's great. I started with the Gamecube game back in 2003 or 2004, and they're simple, but great for playing day to day because of it. You just go explore the town, see what's happening, catch new fish and bugs, dig up fossils, check out the stores, watch the seasons change, decorate your home and town, day by day, little by little. It's very relaxing and rewarding. Well, fishing and bug catching can get pretty tense, but only in rare circumstances with rare ones.

Though I expect the new game will add a lot to the formula. Just pray it isn't anything derivative from most of this generation's incentives for daily play, like login rewards or daily challenges.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
If Animal Crossing makes a big show at E3, I will legit cry
Animal Crossing hype is so weird to me. Like, nothing hype is gonna happen on a trailer/reveal, there's not going to be drama or amazing blood-pumping music, but...

It's freaking Animal Crossing. Nothing really happens and that's what makes it so special.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The first episode is slow but necessary. I wish I could remake it but I already remade it once.
Seems good to me so far. I like the voice over cast a lot. The voices sound like they actually come from an old anime. They nailed that feel real well. The “soldier sleeping peacefully be the sea shore” joke was also pretty good. Can’t wait to see the rest! I’ll come back to ya in a bit with my verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom