• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Question

Urb

Smash Journeyman
Pirates, Ninjas, (And because there is a similar thread) or Zombie sasquaches?

Me: Ninjas.

They can kill stuff really fast and master all weapons. Pirates just say "Arr" and get wasted.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Pirates.

What can ninjas do, through shurikens at the pirates? Sorry, but it'll take a little more than a shard of metal to take out a scurvy man of the seas. Pirates also have, y'know, cannons and pistols and stuff. So they could just shoot the stealth out of those sneaky *******.

Pirates also have ships, ninjas don't.

And, also, pirates reduce global warming and are supreme holy beings. Can ninjas truthfully claim this?

Huh?

No, didn't think so.

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
Ninja's = life time of training. Pirates = one bottle of grog and your good.
Being a pirate is easier and I bet they have more fun than ninjas

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

There's your answer.

For more ninja awesomness, go to drmcninja.com

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Zombie Sasquatch please. They do not need to eat or sleep. Sooner or later, both Captain Crunch and Naruto will fall victim to the relentless pressure of the Zombie Sasquatch.

End of internet.

VMuh 99%V

Smash Rookie
Pirates FTW! If you a ninja you need like years of nija training. For a pirate (as stated lvc) all you need is a bottle o' rum. And pirates have ships..What doe ninjas have? Nothing.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Pirates, and we all know it deep down.

Come on. Ninjas HIDE from their enemies! They dick around in the shadows and are never up for pulling out a pistol, screaming out "YAARH!!", shooting everything that moves, and everything that doesn't, swigging another bottle of rum down, then stealing everything from the bloody, smoking corpses of the numerous dead people in the area.

Pirates do that, ninjas just slip past all this action because it's "stealthy".

You know I speak truth, dear friends.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
If this is the ultimate question than the only logical answer is 42.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Anyone remember Ninja Kirby? Well, now imagine Pirate Kirby. Pirate Kirby would kick Ninja Kirby's big, jiggly, purple ***. Same goes for Yo-Yo Kirby, Paint Kirby, and every other really awsome Kirby ability there was.

Shut up, Unsung Master, you know pirates are the best.

Ha! I said your true name. :)

Reyairia

Smash Champion
The Pirates died of scurvy, syphilis and other diseases while the ninjas just watched.

And that is settled.

Now, if you ask me, we should move to Werewolves vs. Vampires. That or Ancient Romans vs. Vikings.

Blackadder

Smash Master
The Pirates died of scurvy, syphilis and other diseases while the ninjas just watched.
That's because the ninjas were just to PUSSY to go out and have sex like a real man.

Without consent, without protection, and with human rights out the window.
The pirate way.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Thing is, these days pirates are middle aged people who sell fake copies of movies, cd's and clothes, while ninjas are still their stealthy *** kicking selves. IF pirates ever did beat ninjas, it's not these days.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
That's because the ninjas were just to PUSSY to go out and have sex like a real man.

The pirate way.
They still died in the end, lolzorz.
Another reason why Ninjas > Pirates; women were not allowed to become pirates (it was considered bad luck).

Think about it, would you want to spend years of your life on a boat malnutritioned with a bunch of smelly men or would you rather learn some ***-kicking martial arts with some sexy kunoichi (female ninja)?

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Ha! I said your true name. :)
That was cute :lick:

But think about this: Let's say a pirate and a ninja and a zombie sasquatch are in some sort of arena; they're in a fight to the death using only the weapons exclusive to their person. For example, a ninja has a katana--one or two-- and ninja stars (lets say 5-10 stars for fairness), the pirate has a hook hand and/or a sharp blade or even a rifle, and the zombie sasquatch has brute strength and foul and poisonous breath or something. While the zombie sasquatch is running around trying to land a poison punch or something on his/her opponents, the pirate would be slashing with his hook hand and either shooting with his rifle or slashing some more with his blade.

Now here's where things get interesting: the ninja has incredible agility, allowing him to dodge the up-close attacks and potentially dodge the rifle--if the pirate were to have such a thing of course. Offensively, the ninja has potential to be masterful in stealth, stealth combat, close combat, and throwing skills. Now, albeit, the pirate has a quick-shooting arm, but due to pirates simply having an aggressive nature (you know its true), and if he has a hooked hand, he probably wouldn't remember or have the fundamentals and skills of shooting and easily miss his target(s). The ninja is the quickest of the three, and it's almost always speed and precision that wins a fight. The ninja could slit the throat of the sasquatch OR pirate due to their slow speed, assault and retrieve thrown ninja stars, dodge finishing blows, and pretty much just run circles around the foes. It's not even a contest. The ninja would own. Sorry, pirate and Bigfoot fans.

Again, I stand by my original post.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Why is this "Pirates vs. Ninjas" crap still around? I saw a reference to it in a Nintendo Power recently regarding the new Mega Man game. Jeez.... that was thoroughly disappointing. In all seriousness, none of you will benefit in any way from this. How about you guys move on, and debate about something real at least.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Why is this "Pirates vs. Ninjas" crap still around? I saw a reference to it in a Nintendo Power recently regarding the new Mega Man game. Jeez.... that was thoroughly disappointing. In all seriousness, none of you will benefit in any way from this. How about you guys move on, and debate about something real at least.
... Nothing is more important than the PVN debate! You know this.

We will never move on. This debate is forever and eternal. It is the forever incarnate. It is important in all our hearts. It strives to be solved, once and for all, some day. Maybe at the end of the universe as we know it. It may never happen. Maybe it will. Ninjas and Pirates are ongoing. They fight for their lives, forever. Never sleep and never stop.

Sir... nothing is more real than this debate.

By the way, pirates.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I believe some religions foretell the "Second Coming of Christ", in which Jesus will come back and defeat the antichrist.

It is clear, based on ninja historical records, that Jesus was in fact a ninja (walking on water, coming back from the dead, etc. These are all clear ninja tricks). Many sources also claim that the antichrist will have one eye. That's right, one eye. Just like a pirate; a pirate with an eye patch. Coincidence? I think not.

I may not be Christian, but if Christianity is true, then one day, the Ninja will finally defeat the Pirate, and it shall be known unto all that ninjas are superior. Also, all of you christians are now religiously obligated to support ninjas in the "ninjas vs pirates" debate.

I believe my job here is done.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer

The pirate way.
You're my new hero.

Thing is, these days pirates are middle aged people who sell fake copies of movies, cd's and clothes, while ninjas are still their stealthy *** kicking selves. IF pirates ever did beat ninjas, it's not these days.
Ninja's don't exist anymore, they're just not practical. Atleast pirates continue in some shape or form http://www.boingboing.net/2005/11/06/seapirates-chased-of.html

And that is settled.

Now, if you ask me, we should move to Werewolves vs. Vampires. That or Ancient Romans vs. Vikings.

Baby Michael begs to differ. God why would I post that picture of myself!?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Now here's where things get interesting: the ninja has incredible agility, allowing him to dodge the up-close attacks and potentially dodge the rifle--if the pirate were to have such a thing of course. Offensively, the ninja has potential to be masterful in stealth, stealth combat, close combat, and throwing skills. Now, albeit, the pirate has a quick-shooting arm, but due to pirates simply having an aggressive nature (you know its true), and if he has a hooked hand, he probably wouldn't remember or have the fundamentals and skills of shooting and easily miss his target(s). The ninja is the quickest of the three, and it's almost always speed and precision that wins a fight. The ninja could slit the throat of the sasquatch OR pirate due to their slow speed, assault and retrieve thrown ninja stars, dodge finishing blows, and pretty much just run circles around the foes. It's not even a contest. The ninja would own. Sorry, pirate and Bigfoot fans.
Please, VD (Edit: LMAO!!!!), you're making it sound like this pirate has absolutely no training/is drunk/is blind/is Cappn' Crunch, and like the ninja has 20 years of training/can wavedash/has superhuman speed. If this were the case, then of course the ninja would win.

Let us say, however, this pirate isn't the sterotypical Kid's Seafood Meal pirate, and has both hands. Now, while the ninja is a very disaplined fighter, devoted to the art of ninjitsu, the pirate is a scurvey badass who is not a devout to any rules. For fairness, let us say that the fight takes place in an empty room (That way, the ***** ninja can't slit the pirate's throat out of the shadows, and the pirate can't use his ship [Which he undoubtedly has {Which has cannons and a crew, so they dould just stay out of range from any number of Nancys ninjas and blast the badly-translated English nerdy anime out of them}]).

The pirate is probably using a cutlass of some sort and has a few rifles and knifes tucked away, and Sally the ninja is, most likely, using a katana and throwing stars.

The fight starts off with the chicken ninja jumping out from the shadows and throwing a few stars at Capt. Morgan. Pirates dress rather heavily (normally), and I doubt that a little shard of metal could inlfict major damage anyways, but they still hurt a bit.

Now, this is a crucial turning point. The pirate, angry, shoots at the wimp ninja. He either a) kills him, b) wounds him, or c) misses. A and b lead to a quick victory for the pirate, so let us say it is c.

Next, the pirate shoots again. In real life, ninjas can't fly/walk on walls/shoot energy waves out of their hands/wavedash, but they can keep themselves low. Donatello keeps himself low (let us say the awsome pirate misses [of course, if he hit, that girl scout would be dead]) and strikes at the pirate.

The pirate blocks the blow with his cutlass, and blows the cookies out of Jane's the ninja's head.

Seriously, guns beat swords, martial arts, everything. If you don't think so, you're dumb.

@ GoldShadow: If the antichrist being a pirate is wrong, (God must really suck, first off) I don't want to be right.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Please, VD, you're making it sound like this pirate has absolutely no training/is drunk/is blind/is Cappn' Crunch, and like the ninja has 20 years of training/can wavedash/has superhuman speed. If this were the case, then of course the ninja would win.

This is interesting, Zook, because there are a couple points you've stated that would eventually level to Captain's loss. Pirates are notoriously heavy drinkers, so the pirate would probably be at least somewhat drunk. If you've been drunk before you know that intoxication can lead to both impaired basic or advanced skills that would normally be top-notch and a difficulty to keep balance. Also noted is that the pirate could be vision impaired with an eye-patch and/or lethal injury. This and these would further the loss of basic combat skills for a pirate, among them aiming during the time that one would shoot a rifle, swinging accurately with a sword, and crucial fight movements.

Now I won't say that a ninja can wavedash and he doesn't have superspeed, but his agility is definitely higher than your average pirate. BUT! Mr. Ninja probably does have 20 years of training, give or take a few years. You say next paragraph that he is devoted to the art of ninjitsu. He's probably spent either a great deal or his whole life training in that art and probably more fighting arts. It isn't ridiculous to think that much is true.

Let us say, however, this pirate isn't the stereotypical Kid's Seafood Meal pirate, and has both hands. Now, while the ninja is a very disciplined fighter, devoted to the art of ninjitsu, the pirate is a scurvy badass who is not a devout to any rules. For fairness, let us say that the fight takes place in an empty room (That way, the ninja can't slit the pirate's throat out of the shadows, and the pirate can't use his ship [Which he undoubtedly has {Which has cannons and a crew, so they could just stay out of range from any number of ninjas and blast the badly-translated English nerdy anime out of them}]).

Understandable; only the weapons directly available to the combatant. Empty room, no shadows, no water, ships, cannons, etc.

The pirate is probably using a cutlass of some sort and has a few rifles and knifes tucked away, and the ninja is, most likely, using a katana and throwing stars.

I'm confused here; not of the cutlass, but rather the rifle(s). Sure, the pirate could carry multiple rifles, but, realistically, would he have a chance to drop, switch, replace, or somehow quickly switch his main weapon that is the cutlass to a probably bulky firearm that would take even more time to load (assuming it wasn't preloaded, although kudos if it was), aim, and shoot? The rifles would probably add weight as well, slowing his disadvantaged speed to a more frisk-moving ninja. These two facts combined could make the pirate sort of a glass cannon. Shoot and hack strong blows, sure, but it would ultimately be futile against a faster opponent. Speed wins the game.

The fight starts off with the ninja jumping out from the shadows and throwing a few stars at Capt. Morgan. Pirates dress rather heavily (normally), and I doubt that a little shard of metal could inflict major damage anyways, but they still hurt a bit.

I thought there were no shadows...
Whatever. Ninja stars don't pack the punch of a pirate's rifle or a good blow with a blade, but the ninja probably has good knowledge and training in using the metal stars. Why not just aim for the throat or face, areas that are no doubt exposed?

As long as I'm here too--and this could switch the whole debate--what kind of pirate are we talking about? Probably a captain, the standard a first-come image for a pirate, but he could also be an underling, a seadog of sorts. One who lives to serve and protect the captain exclusively? I picture those as sort of these mid-weight, mid-30s guys in cloth bandanas, shirts, and shorts with either sandals or no shoes. If this is the case, the ninja stars could hurt quite a bit, seeing as they could easily pierce the cloth and have a higher chance of piercing skin. But that loss of baggage could increase a pirate's quickness...whatever, that's for another day.

Now, this is a crucial turning point. The pirate, angry, shoots at the ninja. He either a) kills him, b) wounds him, or c) misses. A and b lead to a quick victory for the pirate, so let us say it is c.

Only two counter here. First, if B were to happen, a ninja would probably have an extremely sturdy resolve and inner strength or focus. The wound wouldn't necessarily lead to a quick victory. Neutral point though. Secondly, would he start with the cutlass or rifle in hand as the fight began? As stated, it would take time to switch weapons if the cutlass was the starting arm. Otherwise, neutral.

Next, the pirate shoots again. In real life, ninjas can't fly/walk on walls/shoot energy waves out of their hands/wavedash, but they can keep themselves low. Donatello keeps himself low (let us say the awesome pirate misses [of course, if he hit, that ninja would be dead]) and strikes at the pirate.

Nothing to say other then the ninja wouldn't have to strike. He could always wait and execute a counter.

The pirate blocks the blow with his cutlass, and blows the cookies out of the ninja's head.

Crucial point! Again, does the pirate start the fight with a cutlass or the rifle? The fatal flaw with this point is that the pirate cannot wield the cutlass and rifle at the same time! The best you could Does he block with the rifle and shoot with it as well? Or does he block with the cutlass and hack with it also?

Let’s take scenario 1: Wielding only the cutlass. Blocking could be difficult to execute; the ninja could either counter the counter—easily executable—with either a block, attack, or dodge. If he dodges, the pirate would either have to switch to the rifle (leading to death due to switch time) or do a run-and-rush approach that could help or hurt his chances depending on the ninja’s next move, most likely being a counter. If he attacks, a counter and finish would, well, finish him. Finally, a block would start the scenario over, but this time the pirate would be vulnerable from the heavy blocked blow against his blade.

Scenario 2: He holds the rifle exclusively. Everyone knows that you can’t block a bullet. That’s how people get hurt or killed. So, unless the ninja miraculously counters a bullet, he has two options—attacks and dodges. If the ninja decides to launch offense he would have to be quick about it. Even an absolutely ******** pirate isn’t stupid enough to not know that if a bad guy is in your scopes you should shoot immediately. The ninja would have to strike faster than the pirate’s reaction time to see and bring that motion to his trigger finger. The ninja could either bring a devastating blow or quickly stun the pirate. Obviously a death-bringing blow is a death-bringing blow but a stun would give space between the combatants and time for the ninja and pirate to react accordingly. Now, if a dodge were the decision, again, it would need quick reflexes. The best thing a ninja could do after his dodge would be to, again, follow up with a counter. From there the pirate would either have to go melee with the butt of his rifle or attempt to shoot at him again, depending on the circumstances and ultimate decision. Both options are slow and would leave the pirate quite vulnerable.

Seriously, guns beat swords, martial arts, everything. If you don't think so, you're dumb.

I’d say that’s true. But a gun can’t do jack if the shooter doesn’t know how to put it to use effectively. In this case, the gun is probably a poorly crafted rifle from the mid-1800s and the shooter is a drunken and enraged one-eyed pirate
Replies in red. Removed ninja insults.

Top Bottom